Hey CB family. I am so proud of myself. I have been meaning to buy some stock in RIMM for sometime now but today I finally did. I think it is very important that in a time like this when investors are worried and the media is skeptical, buying RIMM stock is a must. This shows RIMM as well as investors that we are committed to RIMM and maybe will encourage more big investors to invest. If you have not done so already, please go buy some RIMM stock. I am new to investing and I did it so anyone can. Come one crackberry community, let's rally around RIM now when they need us the most!!! Let's give the skeptics something to talk about. Please buy some stocks and share this with everyone you can so we can get more people following suit. The other guys stand behind there smartphone, let's do the same.

Long live RIMM!!!!! ON to BB10!!!!!!!!!!!!
    01-04-13 09:26 PM
    Please tell me you didn't put your life savings into this. Investing based on emotions is a very easy way to lose a lot of money. You buying shares in RIM on a secondary market does not help RIM directly so there is almost no effect to RIM for you doing this so make sure you weigh your options based on whether or not you think its a smart financial decision for you personally only. If you're objective is to help RIM you are much better off buying a phone or an app or an accessory as this what their business is.
    01-04-13 10:24 PM
    I am a shareholder as well.

Please see this thread to share your opinions or read those of fellow shareholders:

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...shares-666490/
    01-04-13 10:37 PM
    Great for you!!!! I did too, I am also new to investing, did some research and finally did, I wished I would had done so when it was at around $6.00 bucks. I knew the stock would go up had been telling my android brother who dropped BlackBerry just to be like everyone else, I keep telling him that I need a tool and not a toy and I believe RIMM will be that one device you can choose from if you need to get things done and done right. I believe in RIM, I believe in BlackBerry 10. I invested based on emotion and knowledge of the company and I am darn proud of it, and I am glad you are too.
    01-04-13 10:43 PM
    Please tell me you didn't put your life savings into this. Investing based on emotions is a very easy way to lose a lot of money. You buying shares in RIM on a secondary market does not help RIM directly so there is almost no effect to RIM for you doing this so make sure you weigh your options based on whether or not you think its a smart financial decision for you personally only. If you're objective is to help RIM you are much better off buying a phone or an app or an accessory as this what their business is.
    Lol!!!! I did not spend my life savings, and no I did not buy from emotions. I observed the price of the shares over a specific period of time and my gut tells me that once BB10 drops the price RIM will regain significant market share which will drive the share prices up to where they should be. Also I bought stocks in RIM because I believe in the company, I believe they will be here in many years to come. I will purchase more stock as money becomes available. Warren Buffet believes that if you know enough about something and you believe in it then if you choose to invest in it, you should do so and forget about it. I am not going to sit frantically by my computer watching every rise and drop of the stocks. I intent to hold my shares for many years to come. Thanks for your input though. My only regret is that I didn't purchase the stock back when it was $6!!!!
    01-05-13 09:15 AM
    Great for you!!!! I did too, I am also new to investing, did some research and finally did, I wished I would had done so when it was at around $6.00 bucks. I knew the stock would go up had been telling my android brother who dropped BlackBerry just to be like everyone else, I keep telling him that I need a tool and not a toy and I believe RIMM will be that one device you can choose from if you need to get things done and done right. I believe in RIM, I believe in BlackBerry 10. I invested based on emotion and knowledge of the company and I am darn proud of it, and I am glad you are too.

LOL!! I too wish I had purchased it back then. We could have had some serious realized/unrealized gains right now. However, I intend to hold my stock for the next 8-10 years. Since the P:E ratio is low we are pretty much safe with our investments. AAPL's P:E ratio on the other hand......, I won't go there. LOL
    01-05-13 09:20 AM
    LOL!! I too wish I had purchased it back then. We could have had some serious realized/unrealized gains right now. However, I intend to hold my stock for the next 8-10 years. Since the P:E ratio is low we are pretty much safe with our investments. AAPL's P:E ratio on the other hand......, I won't go there. LOL
    Its OK to be hopfule about the future of RIM... but todays P:E does not reflect where the stock could be in six months IF BB10 devices do not sell. Safe is not what RIMM is!
    01-05-13 10:06 AM
    Its OK to be hopfule about the future of RIM... but todays P:E does not reflect where the stock could be in six months IF BB10 devices do not sell. Safe is not what RIMM is!
    A lower P:E ratio indicates that a stock is less risky. Correct me if I'm wrong. I am new to trading but that's my understanding. Minus the volatility of the company's image in the media, I think their stock is a good pick because it has increased in price within the last 5 months indicating they are on a rise, plus the price is very good at this moment. AAPL stock has been dropping for the last few months so clearly the RIMM stock is performing"relatively" better than the AAPL stock.
    teamryan15 likes this.
    01-05-13 12:11 PM
    Why is this in the BB10 OS section?
    01-05-13 06:37 PM
    Why is this in the BB10 OS section?
    Sorry I couldn't figure out where to post it. Noob me. Maybe one of the moderators can move it to the appropriate section for me.
    01-05-13 10:09 PM
    I have 900 shares right now
    01-05-13 10:25 PM
    bought tons here too..
    01-06-13 02:22 AM
    Bought 2000 shares today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-06-13 02:43 AM
    Bought 2000 shares today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow! I'm gonna have to buy some more!
    01-06-13 10:17 PM
    Dang guys, I could only manage buying 20 shares. Not going to make any money that way, but at least I can say I'm part of things. I'm small change, so have to buy shares in small increments which severely limits my returns. But, it's fun, so what the heck. Good luck to everyone this year!
    01-07-13 10:27 AM
    Dang guys, I could only manage buying 20 shares. Not going to make any money that way, but at least I can say I'm part of things. I'm small change, so have to buy shares in small increments which severely limits my returns. But, it's fun, so what the heck. Good luck to everyone this year!
    You and I are in the same boat. But at least we're share holders.
    01-07-13 08:14 PM
    I'm holding a significant amount right now. Probably will hold till 2014.
    01-08-13 06:44 PM
    I bought when it was at $6.20
    BlackberryTorcher likes this.
    01-08-13 07:21 PM
    I bought when it was at $6.20
    You are certainly sitting pretty.
    01-08-13 08:46 PM
    Rim stock still very volatile probably due to day traders. I see it continue until bb10 launch, then depending on how initial views are I would say It maybe around $14-15. Won't be until a month or two we see if it goes up or not. I have heard nothing but good thing about the phone, only if it is to late to be accepted by the consumers. Businesses will definitely like. I will continue to buy more rim stocks !
    01-08-13 11:21 PM