Hi all

I am always a reader (only) for this forum, I am afraid that I have a question for BB10 or Z10 now. I love BB a lot and owned a 9700 and 8520 before, they were brilliant. Due to my job requirements, I moved to Android for almost 2 years. After I read a lot about BB10 and Z10, I really want to come back. However, I still need a lot of apps that they are still not available on BB10 platform and I don't like the sideload way to install Android app to Z10. Therefore, I am thinking to pick up an Z10 for my main phone, if I need to use some specific apps that is not available on BB10 on the road, I can tether the 3g signal on Z10 to my Android device, and I got the best of both world (Hopefully.....).

I only have 2 Android devices now (Sony Xperia Sola and Walkman Z1060), they are running Android 4.04 and I don't think Sony will upgrade the OS anymore. I understand that Z10 is able to tethering to PC, Mac and iOS devices, but I am not smart enough to find the information for Android, especially for the old 4.04 system that may not be able to support WIFI hotspot. On the other hand, I am only interesting on bluetooth tethering, I don't too much care about the speed, I prefer to save more battery when I am on the road.

I wonder if anyone of you can share some information to me. If the answer is positive, I will pick up an Z10.

Thanks a million in advance

Wilton
    08-06-13 06:24 AM
    I don't believe it's possible to tether a Z10 to an Android device. Your best and only option would be to use the hotspot feature on your Z10 to create a wifi network for the Droid to connect to. Some providers charge extra for the hotspot feature.
    08-06-13 10:11 AM
    I don't believe it's possible to tether a Z10 to an Android device. Your best and only option would be to use the hotspot feature on your Z10 to create a wifi network for the Droid to connect to. Some providers charge extra for the hotspot feature.
    Thank you very much. It is a little sad though. Let me do more research. Hopefully, I can get an Z10 soon. I love it so much!!! Have a good day.
    08-07-13 01:19 AM