I own a Q10 and a Z30. I listen to audio and video trainings with them (the videos are primarily lectures).

One of the audio training sets entails meditative breathing exercises that require I jump ahead or behind a few tracks on the spur of the moment to match my current rate of breathing. I always have to interrupt my focus to pick up the phone and navigate to another track. The ability to do this manually from a push-button command seems far more desirable, and now as I look at some of the newer Bluetooth headsets I'm even wondering if it's possible to accomplish this with voice commands -- or else with buttons on the Bluetooth device, which would be fine.

The Bluetooth device I seem to have just settled on for general phone use and I suppose general listening to audio (and video) tracks is the Plantronics Voyager Legend. It offers some pretty robust voice commands. I have yet to really study it and understand the scope and limits.

I also picked up an LG Tone, which seems useful for listening to audio and video tracks with stereo and with much longer battery life. I'm curious if it might allow changing of tracks forward and back with voice or button controls, but I have yet to look deeply into the scope and limitations of this as well. I also don't know that I'll want to stay with this device.

I own high-end Shure IEMs and to date have used them for most listening, but I obviously don't need that level of quality for trainings and it lacks the mic that the Voyager and LG Tone have for when I want to quickly handle a phone call. Also, the LG Tone can't be placed into my pocket when I'm out for a walk or jog like the Voyager Legend and Shure IEMs can.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience enough with the Voyager Legend, and/or with the LG Tone or an alternative to it they might suggest, to be able to help point me in the right direction. I know I need to read documentation and experiment but I'm just under severe time constraints.

Thanks very much!
    02-09-14 08:56 AM
    Just giving this thread a friendly bump! Can anyone help here?
    classact likes this.
    02-11-14 08:08 AM
    Just giving this thread a friendly bump! Can anyone help here?
    That is so thoughtful of you! Thanks so much!

As it is, I solved the issue. I discovered that the LG Tone does indeed do exactly what I wanted -- change to the next or previous audio track by just hitting buttons on the headset. It works only with audio tracks that are in a given "playlist" but that's no problem at all.

The LG Tone has amazing reviews, and lives up to them. For music quality I hesitate to say it almost comes close to my Shure SE420s that cost tons more, but it really is good. For a phone headset it's not the best but it's also not half bad (one big drawback being that there's no pass-through of your own voice and these are "in-ear monitors" that completely plug up your year -- making it great for music but a very odd experience when talking since you don't hear your own voice through the speaker and instead it's, well, like you're talking with your ears plugged up).

Very happy camper with the LG Tone for achieving that goal of changing audio tracks and for audio quality.

Thanks again, Mod! (I probably should have come back and posted that I had found the solution -- but of course I was too busy for that. )

EDIT: And it turns out the LG Tone fits into my waist-pack just fine, which is what I always wear when exercising or out walking or whatever. (I used the term "pocket" loosely in the OP.)
    pkcable likes this.
    02-11-14 09:18 PM