I've always found BlueAnt Bluetooth devices to be of excellent quality, have excellent features, and their customer service is second to none (unfortunately I've had to use it a few times as it seems I am a little rough with extremely heavy use of my earpiece). The only problem I've ever had was when I switched to my 9900 last year, my BlueAnt S4 visor mount handsfree device just hasn't been able to play nice with the Bold.

Here is a copy of the note I sent upon receiving their marketing email for one of their new products, the visor mount handsfree device the "Commute". I also like their new earpiece, the "Q3". Q10+Q3+Commute = Ready " . . . to ROCK and ROLL THIS!"

Sirs, I have been a long time user and lover of BlueAnt (currently Q2 (have had it replaced a few times and it is broken again - plastic seems to break at the same place) and S4 although it seems the S4 doesn't work properly with my BlackBerry 9900). Your customer service/returns RMA have been among the best support I have received from ANY manufacturer!

I am looking forward to the new BB10 phones that had their global launch a couple of days ago, specifically the all touch Q10. Available in the UK as of yesterday, Canada as of 5 Feb, and in the U.S. in mid-late March, and globally on a varying schedule.

Will BlueAnt be supporting the same features for the new BlackBerry OS as you are supporting for apple and android on your new Q3s and the Commute?

Specifically:

On the Q3 - I am assuming the Q3 will work as it always has in the past as far as access to phone voice controls for (1)outgoing calls/Vlingo commands, (2)importing phonebook for caller ID announcement, (3) answer/ignore voice command(4)music, etc. (5)But will the BBs be supported on the new "conference mode"?

On the Commute - Assuming the past features that worked on BlackBerry will still be there (6) Blue Ant Speak to me - Launch Voice Control to access BB phone commands (7) read out callers name via imported phone book (8) answer/ignore voice command, (9) music playback.

Will you be planning for a BB10 app that allows readback of incoming SMS/email/possibly BBMs for the Commute visor mount device? The developer support from RIM is a top priority for them as one of the recognized keys to the successful rebirth/return to glory that we hope is around the corner. I am confident Alec Saunders (@asaunders) or Martyn Mallick with BlackBerry would provide whatever support is need for BlueAnt to access the appropriate APIs/programming assistance. I know MANY MANY MANY BlackBerry users who have been loyal BlueAnt users and would hope to continue using your great products!!!!

P.S. - Please consider coming to the CrackBerry.com website, establishing an account and create a poll asking for some input on how many folks want you to be with us on the new BB10 OS - lots of companies have a presence there (Incipio, Seidio, OtterBox, other major accessory players, large/medium/small developers, etc) and as you likely know, CrackBerry is THE premier and original BB user/fan site and reaches every corner of the globe with millions of members and visitors (it's where I first heard about BlueAnt by the way!!)
    02-01-13 12:46 PM