I find I discover things still many times via lurking on CB forums... gimme some more stuff to make me love my Passport more & keep my finger off the Priv trigger...

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 04:46 PM
    Just click the help or tutorial app on your PassPort and be prepared to REALLY be blown away.

Disclaimer:
    I can't be held responsible for any injuries that may occur if you're not tied down to something securely!
    10-19-15 06:37 PM
    I never read the instruction sheet...
    10-20-15 12:07 AM
    Blow me away with a feature I didn't notice after 1 yr-img_20151020_131256.png
    Blow me away with a feature I didn't notice after 1 yr-img_20151020_131309.png
    This feature?
    10-20-15 12:13 AM
    I find I discover things still many times via lurking on CB forums... gimme some more stuff to make me love my Passport more & keep my finger off the Priv trigger...

Posted via CB10
    If you press the super secret button, it'll make you a sandwich.
    10-20-15 12:47 AM
    If you press the super secret button, it'll make you a sandwich.
    Dammit, Mike. That was supposed to be a secret!

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.2789‎
    10-20-15 10:01 AM

Good call!
    Why read about all the amazing things you can do with your device , RIGHT NOW, and ruin the surprise of finding something a year later?
    I'll bet you have a lot of fun on your computer,too... using your mouse to just click away on things hoping to figure out how to open a program.
    And what better way to find new ways to use your device by having someone else show you.

I'd tell you how impressed I am with your statement "I NEVER read the instruction sheet" but I'd probably get banned!

You might want to work on all the different ways you can say " Would you like fries with that?"

10-20-15 01:21 PM
    U+enter unlocks PKB devices...

Posted via CB10
    anon(8719892) likes this.
    10-20-15 01:34 PM
    I like the fact that when you are in a message within the Hub, the gesture "swipe right + down / up" will instantly bring you to the next or previous message.

I don't like the fact that this same gesture doesn't seem to work on the Classic.
    10-20-15 01:49 PM
    I missed a video chat request from my son the other night. On my PlayBook, that is. I did however receive a missed video chat notification on my Passport. It explicitly states 'PlayBook Video Chat'.

Now that's confusing already as it is. I then opened the notification and ended up placing a Video Call to my son. On my Passport!

Bridge isn't on. WiFi isn't on. The only thing that links those two devices is the same BlackBerry ID. I don't even see an option anywhere on my Passport to place video calls in the first place (except through this notification).

Could anybody explain this, please? I had had no idea I could videochat with that thing. And I still don't know how to.
    10-21-15 05:20 AM
    The PlayBook must initiate the Vid call to a bbos10 device, you can't initiate the call from the passport to the playbook. But yes it works.
    10-21-15 06:37 AM
    The PlayBook must initiate the Vid call to a bbos10 device, you can't initiate the call from the passport to the playbook. But yes it works.
    Unless I'm using this notification for a direct call back from the Passport. And thanks for the reply!
    10-21-15 06:44 AM
    Disactivate the categories you don't use in "BlackBerry assistant settings" and make it dramatically faster

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    1Criz and wyrdfool like this.
    10-21-15 11:02 AM
    Maybe you know this, but you can make a note while having a call on the speaker, using the note note function from the phone screen. The note gets linked with the call. Very useful if you need to take data from the call while talking. Of course you can also do this by opening a Nota taking app while speaking, but this requires extra steps.
    Cheers

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    anon(679606) likes this.
    10-21-15 11:10 AM
    Flick typing? Flick down to open alternative keys? Swipe left to delete a word.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    10-21-15 11:19 AM
    You can open 3 or 4 copies of WhatsApp or BBM to chat & share things with different people at the same time.

An example is ;

1. Open WhatsApp in the hub to chat with A
    2. Open WhatsApp app to chat with B simultaneously
    3. Share a picture in picture app via WhatsApp with C & at the same time chat with C, B & A
    5. Take a Selfie at the same features & share it with D whilst still chatting with D, C, B & A
    6. If you are using BBM instead of WhatsApp you can also share a file at the same time & chat with E too.

apparently this feature is not available on Android nor iOS.

Posted via CB10
    MRTTNS, Uzi and Dave Bourque like this.
    10-21-15 11:54 AM
    You can open 3 or 4 copies of WhatsApp or BBM to chat & share things with different people at the same time.

An example is ;

1. Open WhatsApp in the hub to chat with A
    2. Open WhatsApp app to chat with B simultaneously
    3. Share a picture in picture app via WhatsApp with C & at the same time chat with C, B & A
    5. Take a Selfie at the same features & share it with D whilst still chatting with D, C, B & A
    6. If you are using BBM instead of WhatsApp you can also share a file at the same time & chat with E too.

apparently this feature is not available on Android nor iOS.

Posted via CB10
    This is really blowing features! Yes we can do this on bb10
    10-21-15 11:57 AM
    Maybe OP was asking about surprise Easter egg we use to have fun discovering in old Windows, but this is Blackberry and OS is BB10. All sombre and business here.
    10-21-15 12:11 PM
    I just discovered that if you go in to reader mode on a webpage, there is a play icon that will read you the contents of the page! Now I listen to news articles handsfree when I have other things to do at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 12:18 PM
    I missed a video chat request from my son the other night. On my PlayBook, that is. I did however receive a missed video chat notification on my Passport. It explicitly states 'PlayBook Video Chat'.

Now that's confusing already as it is. I then opened the notification and ended up placing a Video Call to my son. On my Passport!

Bridge isn't on. WiFi isn't on. The only thing that links those two devices is the same BlackBerry ID. I don't even see an option anywhere on my Passport to place video calls in the first place (except through this notification).

Could anybody explain this, please? I had had no idea I could videochat with that thing. And I still don't know how to.
    If the caller was trying to call your BBID, that can happen. If they call your playbook pin itself, it won't happen. There was a post back when BB10 first came out that had the logic about Playbook and BBID and video chat functionality, too hard to find it now, though.
    10-21-15 12:44 PM
    Good call!
    Why read about all the amazing things you can do with your device , RIGHT NOW, and ruin the surprise of finding something a year later?
    I'll bet you have a lot of fun on your computer,too... using your mouse to just click away on things hoping to figure out how to open a program.
    And what better way to find new ways to use your device by having someone else show you.

I'd tell you how impressed I am with your statement "I NEVER read the instruction sheet" but I'd probably get banned!

You might want to work on all the different ways you can say " Would you like fries with that?"

http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0251.gif
    You're right! You are in these forums for the greater good! And I thought you were just a mega troll! I take back all of the sarcastic comments I've made to you!

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 02:26 AM
    Disactivate the categories you don't use in "BlackBerry assistant settings" and make it dramatically faster

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    Thank you! Assistant finally useful again! Now if the cursor would be focused to be able instantly type in, good times of 10.2 assistant would be back again.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 04:02 AM
    I find I discover things still many times via lurking on CB forums...
    because
    LOL

Because you don't want to read the instructionsheet you open this topic to ask the crackberry-community to learn you about your device. Silly.
    BCITMike likes this.
    10-24-15 06:55 AM
    I have a right to post a thread within the board guidelines, silly or not. Your evaluation of my query is offensive and unwanted. Others have put up some useful tips, my intent being fulfilled. If you don't like the thread, don't read it.
    Vistaus likes this.
    10-24-15 12:22 PM
    because

LOL

Because you don't want to read the instructionsheet you open this topic to ask the crackberry-community to learn you about your device. Silly.
    Does anyone ever read the instructions sheets? Ha ha ha... ok Well maybe my mom did.

Posted via CB10
    MRTTNS likes this.
    10-24-15 12:58 PM
26 12