Well having seen Thorston Heins interview with Bloomberg, my takeaway is that BlackBerry may be looking for a hardware partner to develop devices beyond phones. Tablets anyone?

His answer on the question about the future of tablets is consistent of his passed messaging. But combined with his answers about licensing got me thinking about the current slew of Android tablet manufacturers struggling to make money on their devices, and whether it would make sense for them to licenses BB10 on those devices.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 07:52 PM
    Well having seen Thorston Heins interview with Bloomberg, my takeaway is that BlackBerry may be looking for a hardware partner to develop devices beyond phones. Tablets anyone?

His answer on the question about the future of tablets is consistent of his passed messaging. But combined with his answers about licensing got me thinking about the current slew of Android tablet manufacturers struggling to make money on their devices, and whether it would make sense for them to licenses BB10 on those devices.

Posted via CB10
    From what I read and what I personally think, I believe if the right offer comes along that Blackberry will source BB10, but however at this time until the platform is strong enough on it's own (it's getting there) I don't see that being for a bit.

Right now with the war being more Samsung vs Apple instead of the intended Android vs iOS, it makes other players in the android game look like newbies. Nokia has already stated the possibility of licensing BB10 if WP8 fails them, HTC has finally a hit on their hand with the ONE so they should be looking to take a good chunk of android share back. Sony is still down there, to many people know that you mainly pay for the name. LG had a hit with the Nexus 4 however flopped with their Optimus G and G Pro, and finally Motorola albeit owned by Google now, hasn't had any solid movement in the cellular market in some time.
    04-29-13 10:05 PM
    what i gather and what has been clear is their priority is phones as that is what your mobile computing is geared around, the Z10 can use a bluetooth keyboard and mouse and can be plugged into any screen ith an HDMI hookup or DVI to HDMI adapted monitor its really as simple as carrying your Z10 or Q10 around placing it on a multimedia dock and doing your work on it, then when you need to leave grab your phone and walk out.

pretty simple, right?

this is what i gather from all thorstens talk about mobile computing and judging by what i see from the Z10s capabilities this is lookig more and more true
    04-29-13 10:12 PM
    what i gather and what has been clear is their priority is phones as that is what your mobile computing is geared around, the Z10 can use a bluetooth keyboard and mouse and can be plugged into any screen ith an HDMI hookup or DVI to HDMI adapted monitor its really as simple as carrying your Z10 or Q10 around placing it on a multimedia dock and doing your work on it, then when you need to leave grab your phone and walk out.

pretty simple, right?

this is what i gather from all thorstens talk about mobile computing and judging by what i see from the Z10s capabilities this is lookig more and more true
    You are right, and to do with that the 10.1 allows access to tour computer or hard drive no matter where you are, even over a mobile network. They have big plans in the works. It's basically like a personal cloud.

Bloomberg interview, takeaway on tablets and licensing.-img_20130380.png

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 12:03 AM