Does Blend work if the two devices are not currently sharing the same wifi network? For example, if I''m just sitting in the car (or airport, etc) and want to use blend from a tablet to the BB, will it work?
    02-27-15 08:50 AM
    You don't need to use wifi, but both need access to the internet.
    02-27-15 08:59 AM
    You need some sort of internet connection for both devices. So unless your tablet has an internet connection then it wouldn't work.

However if you have an LTE enabled tablet (and your BlackBerry device has a network connection), then Blend can work entirely without a common wifi connection.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 09:00 AM
    You don't need to use wifi, but both need access to the internet.
    Hmmm. For a laptop or tablet, that pretty much means you need to use wifi. OK, thanks. Kinda limiting. If I already have access to the internet, I can just read my mail, or my texts, or my calendar or my files on the device....anyway.
    02-27-15 09:02 AM
    Hmmm. For a laptop or tablet, that pretty much means you need to use wifi. OK, thanks. Kinda limiting. If I already have access to the internet, I can just read my mail, or my texts, or my calendar or my files on the device....anyway.
    Well, how else would you expect a connection between the BlackBerry device and the laptop/tablet be made? Magic?

On a laptop, if you have your usb cable you can hook up the BlackBerry device through the usb port and use blend on the laptop without it having an internet connection.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 09:45 AM
    Well, how else would you expect a connection between the BlackBerry device and the laptop/tablet be made? Magic?

On a laptop, if you have your usb cable you can hook up the BlackBerry device through the usb port and use blend on the laptop without it having an internet connection.

Posted via CB10
    Bluetooth. You know, like how Bridge did the exact same thing.

Or Wifi direct.
    02-27-15 09:48 AM
    Might work with a ad-hoc wifi network between the two devices. Should be interesting to experiment.
    02-27-15 11:05 AM
    Bluetooth would be sweet. I mostly use Blend at work so I have my BlackBerry plugged into my laptop via USB. Not much of an issue for my use but Bluetooth would have some definite benefits.

My berry keeps getting better...Z10 since Feb 2013
    04-07-15 04:10 PM
    Does Blend work if the two devices are not currently sharing the same wifi network? For example, if I''m just sitting in the car (or airport, etc) and want to use blend from a tablet to the BB, will it work?
    Yes, both devices just need to have working internet access. It need not be wireless (wi-fi) either.

However, in some circumstances, such as where the internet connection is being made for both devices via the same connection, such as some mobile hotspot type devices, you won't be able to connect. I'd imagine this is a loopback issue due to the way blend discovers endpoints.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 04:49 PM
    Blend will work via Bluetooth quite well. It's also handy for tablets that don't support USB OTG.

Posted via CB10
    R1cowl likes this.
    04-08-15 05:30 AM
    The other thing I have noticed is that Blend also requires that IPV6 be available. My company has it blocked.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 05:41 AM