I have Blend working on my STL-4. Connected to my PC and my Mac, no sweat. No sweat, that is, as long as I have the Windows Firewall turned off. When it's on Blend will not connect.

I've made exceptions to the Firewall for all of the services listed in this BB KB article:

KB34794-BlackBerry desktop applications and Internet connectivity

Still, the firewall is blocking the connection. I've uninstalled and re-installed with the firewall both on and off yet it will not work as long as the WIndows firewall is on.

Just looking for any suggestions other than leaving the firewall off.
    12-19-14 01:43 PM
    I've got Windows 8.1 and it installed and works just fine without having to mess with the Firewall setting. Not sure if when I got LINK File Sharing working if it used those same exceptions?

But at work they have other setting that I can't access that has it blocked... Which is really where it would be of the most use for me.
    12-19-14 02:06 PM
    Ok. So I sat and screwed around with a few things. (By the way, this is Windows 7 professional.)

Go to Control Panel>Windows Firewall>Advanced Settings

Then click on "Inbound Rules" in the left hand window.

Scroll down the middle window to the CORE NETWORKING options.

Enable all of the Core Networking Selections that have "IPv6" or "ICMPv6" in the name. (About 16 of them)

BAM! Blend works with the Windows Firewall on.

Hope this helps someone.
    Merboy6969 likes this.
    12-19-14 02:31 PM
    I'm trying to get the updated Link to sign me into my BB ID, but it just won't do it. I don't think Blend will even work unless it's signed in. Blend itself simply won't start up. I checked the firewall settings, and all Core Networking items are already enabled.

Previous Link signed in just fine. Just this one with Blend won't sign in.

Any other ideas?

I've already un-installed this Link/Blend and reinstalled the older Link and it signed me right in with no problems. I can't figure out why the new version just can't do it.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 06:05 PM
    After seeing how everyone else seems to have it working fine, I wonder if the IPv6 requirements is my problem. While my home network including the router and my PC are capable, I don't think my ISP is - or at least the modem.

Cox is my ISP, and they have told me that I need to swap out my modem for a newer one. I hope that solves it. Now I just have to go to the Cox place and exchange it out.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 12:27 PM
    I have the same issues. I think the iPv6 think is bollox. I have multiple computers and wireless devices on my network. I have Blend running on my Z30. I installed and ran the app perfectly from my iPad, from my Mac Mini with OS X and from my Windows 8.1 laptop. The only device that does not work is my main system which is running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit which has all the latest updates. There is something wrong with the software for windows. I can't find a solution and this is really the only device I wanted it to work on. I only put it on the others as a means of troubleshooting. It would be very nice to find a way to make this work.
    12-23-14 06:53 PM
    Can't get it to work on a Windows 8.1 desktop 64 bit with all of the "IPv6" and "ICMPv6" core networking selections enabled or Windows firewall disabled. Unlocked Z30, 10.3.1.1154.
    Last edited by SeeBeeEss; 12-28-14 at 06:47 PM.
    12-28-14 05:20 PM
    Ok. So I sat and screwed around with a few things. (By the way, this is Windows 7 professional.)

Go to Control Panel>Windows Firewall>Advanced Settings

Then click on "Inbound Rules" in the left hand window.

Scroll down the middle window to the CORE NETWORKING options.

Enable all of the Core Networking Selections that have "IPv6" or "ICMPv6" in the name. (About 16 of them)

BAM! Blend works with the Windows Firewall on.

Hope this helps someone.
    Thanks for sharing! I've been having the same problems with Windows 7 Pro and will definitely try this later tonight!

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-28-14 05:26 PM
    I don't have ipv6 on my network at all. When ever I go to sites like ipv6.google.com or test my ipv6 it doesn't work. Yet blend works on my laptop and iPad.

I have ipv6 VPN pass through enabled on my router. Also, my modem supports ipv6

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 01:07 PM
    After trying just about everything mentioned on these boards (and elsewhere), I finally found a fix to my problem opening Blend. Although I was disabling Kaspersky Antivirus 2015 and playing around with its settings as possible solutions, it wasn't until I totally uninstalled Kaspersky that I was finally able to connect to Blend using USB and/or wifi.
    01-03-15 11:52 AM
    I use AVG security internet and had no problem
    01-03-15 01:11 PM
    Went back to using Windows Defender and no problem opening Blend.
    01-03-15 01:50 PM
    Went back to using Windows Defender and no problem opening Blend.
    have you re-inserted Kapersky back in puter?
    01-03-15 02:01 PM
    have you re-inserted Kapersky back in puter?
    Reinstalled Kaspersky Anti-virus 2015 and reset its settings to those before the uninstall and Blend is still working. Although I disabled Kaspersky prior to the install of BB Desktop Software 1.1.0.21, it would appear that something went awry in the installation with Kaspersky and BB Desktop not playing nice together.
    01-03-15 03:27 PM
    you should switch to AVG then
    01-03-15 03:35 PM
    How do guys have blend working on your iPad

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 03:34 AM