I am a bb user since curve 9300-bold9700. Z10 and then jumped to Q10. Love my Q10 keyboard but like all previous bb keyboard, it has typing issue. Either double typing or not pressing buttons properly.
    My issue is with apps and not android apps but native apps like facebook. I have an ipad and use fb via web browser where i see more updated newsfeeds than i see on my bb fb app. Dont understand why fb not giving us same user experience. Neither is bb concerned. They gave us android apps but most of them use a lot of battery and because they are not native, they lack hub support. My os becomes laggy as well thanks to that. Even bbm is now becoming old. I use bbm for business purpose but all of them are shifting to whatsapp. Bbm could had launched cross platform video calls but lacked that thinking and to top it, bbm subscriptions are not only expensive but stupid to charge it on monthly basis and to charge it at all from bb users.
    I have to buy new device. Passport is one of the option but s6 and iphone 6plus is also being considered. Is bb really worth it now seeing samsung giving a lot of better user experience thanks to apps. I do love bb10 os especially the hub but does that compensate for lack of apps? Even swiping is the fastest way to get things done but bb now lacks other things. And legacy devices email system was superb as well. Now its not the same.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Fahad Shafiq; 06-28-15 at 04:27 PM.
    06-28-15 04:12 PM
    Get what you want. I have a BB10 device and a iPhone 6 and I can tell you that Facebook updates quicker on the BlackBerry device than on the iPhone. Today I had 46 notifications on FB and they all came to my BlackBerry before the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 04:23 PM
    Get what you want. I have a BB10 device and a iPhone 6 and I can tell you that Facebook updates quicker on the BlackBerry device than on the iPhone. Today I had 46 notifications on FB and they all came to my BlackBerry before the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Not talking about notifications. I am talking about updated news feeds. If my bb app will show 5 new news feeds my ipad will show maybe 9-10.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 04:26 PM
    Not talking about notifications. I am talking about updated news feeds. If my bb app will show 5 new news feeds my ipad will show maybe 9-10.

Posted via CB10
    Don't know if this has anything to do with your issue, but FB doesn't just show you what is new on the walls of all the people you follow. It curates your experience. That means you get a different experience each time you view a few, especially your home feed, that depends on what has happened since the last time you viewed it. If you have a lot of active people that you follow your feed can be significantly different in a few seconds. There are lots of blogs and research papers about this. Unfortunately Facebook keeps their algorithm secret and changes it frequently so it may even give you a different feed depending on what service you are using. Then on top of that there could be, as you hypothesized, differences in applications.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.798 SR 10.3.2.516
    06-28-15 05:24 PM
    Pull down on the page and it will update

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 06:05 PM
    If you should move to a more powerful blackberry is up to you and open to a wide range of opinions BUT I will say if u do want an iPhone, wait till September and get an iPhone 7, or if u don't want the iPhone 7 and want a 6/6plus then still wait till September since they will go down in price.

Also please note that facebook never created the facebook app on bb10, but actually it is made by blackberry. I'm not sure if that's the same case on legacy OS.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 07:28 PM
    I actually bought an S5 yesterday to upgrade from my Z30. I had it less than 24 hours and returned it. I went straight back to my Z30. The OS of Android was not very user-friendly, nor is the user-interface of the Android. I find that BB10 is so much more intuitive.

If anything, when the iPhone 6 goes down in price, I will give it a try, but I know that I definitely prefer BB 10 to any Android device.

I am now onto my 5th BlackBerry device and have been happy with them, but wouldn't mind a change to experience the other OS's.
    06-28-15 09:13 PM
    Everyone in my family still uses the iPhone - but I've noticed some are wavering and now thinking an Android phone it the way to go!

I still laugh - I'm doing lots of practical things on my PassPort, plus entertaining myself with music, moving things onto and off my SD card, taking photos (but not on Facebook or those other social media apps).

I'm thinking if you're still into communicating with people, in a secure and logical way - and not into to trying to tell everyone what you're doing every second or playing Angry Birds (or using Talking Larry - which I actually play with sometimes) - BlackBerry and BBM is still 'hip' - IMO.

I know lots of people who have migrated to BBM recently. These people are mature, intelligent and clear headed types that understand how valuable privacy should remain.

May the silent strong users prevail and BlackBerry and BBM become strong again to serve mankind!

Posted via CB10
    howards likes this.
    06-28-15 10:35 PM
    I've had the iPhone and the Android phones jailbroken and rooted but after trying BlackBerry and the way the hub works it was game over. I was so annoyed at how the word prediction sucked on android and the proprietary crap on iPhone. I first tried the Passport but it was a little much adjusting to the shape then the hard keys and the new OS so I switched to the Z30. After falling in love with the OS and the word prediction and the freedom of file management I decided to try the Passport again. OMG I can't imagine using another phone. Just keep in mind there is no perfect phone and there will always be a glitch or work around you won't love but I must say this BlackBerry Passport ROCKS!!!
    There are so many cool tricks to learn and they actually have some innovative new apps coming out or updating all the time. I managed to install SNAP and the Google Play Store so I have all I want.

Go with the passport. Be different and let people ask what that in in your hand. Let them be in awe and criticize it cause they are jealous. Stand out and enjoy being more efficient and faster than the rest.
    Hail BlackBerry!!! Live long and prosper lol

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 11:52 PM
    I will ask you the same question but reversed.

"Is Facebook worth it?"

Do you get more value out of Facebook than you do with all other traditional form of communicating, phone, email, texting and BBM?

If yes move onto a different platform, If not stay with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 12:39 AM
    OP, go for S6.
    06-29-15 02:38 AM
    Yes it is!

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 03:51 AM
    Get a passport. I use the FB web page as well as the app for added functionality. Just navigate to it and press the 3 dots then add to home screen. It's up to you, but the Passport rocks.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    06-29-15 05:06 AM
    I've been with BlackBerry since I bought the Pearl, had two Curves before getting my hands on this Z10, I would not get an iPhone due to my concerns over Apple's human rights record and who benefits from their profits. My friend's Samsung recently had a browser hack which required a complete wipe which meant a day's work of restoring contacts and social media accounts, that convinced me that BlackBerry is a "keeper"

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 07:21 AM
    I have an iPhone 6 for work and I can tell you hands down I choose BlackBerry 10 every time. You can't beat the hub, predictive text, multitasking, native file manager, the lack of needing to load everything through iTunes, and the way apps are integrated (and secure).
    Don't get me wrong ios 8.3 has come along way but it is very difficult for me to use when I know there are much more efficient ways of doing things.
    As for Android I don't have as much experience -tab 4. I still have not become an advanced user but I don't use it as much but don't have a huge desire to go back to it more often.
    If you like what the S6 has to offer wait until the slider is released. In the meantime I highly recommend a BlackBerry Z30 or Passport.
    Having different Facebook feeds has never caused me any harm or changed my life so it easy for me to not worry about, clearly it is much more important to you. Would be interesting if you used the mobile Web page instead and see if you are more satisfied. It is easy to add a link to your homepage.
    Good luck with your analysis and choice.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 01:00 PM
    Thank you everyone for replying. Two reasons i am sticking to bb and buying passport. 1) Hub 2) cant type on virtual keyboard

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 05:12 PM
    Thank you everyone for replying. Two reasons i am sticking to bb and buying passport. 1) Hub 2) cant type on virtual keyboard

Posted via CB10
    Solid logic. You won't regret it.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    07-02-15 05:43 AM