I have been experiencing problems when trying to make purchases. I get an error message that says "this purchase could not be completed. Please select a different payment method"

I was using it successfully with the same visa card. It stopped working suddenly and without any updates of any sorts. Updated BlackBerry World, still the same outcome. Installed the leaked OS 3.1 same error message. Asked BlackBerry for help - no solution.

Checked with bank, all systems go.

Come on BlackBerry, don't you want my money?

Please help

My Z30 is hired, my iPhone retired. BlackBerry rules the lot. Cause it's the best phone I've ever got.
    09-02-14 01:37 AM
    Have you tried the carrier billing option? Is that an option with your carrier / country?

Or have you tried that credit card, but through PayPal?
    09-02-14 07:11 AM
    It is not a billing option, I rather not use PayPal. Never had problems in the past. Got my carrier to get me into BlackBerry support, they have said that they were in touch with them , and explained my problem. I have however, not heard from them as yet.

My Z30 is hired, my iPhone retired. BlackBerry rules the lot. Cause it's the best phone I've ever got.
    09-02-14 10:53 AM
    I have been having the same issue with trying to purchase apps on blackberry world these past few weeks. I have tried carrier billing, PayPal and credit card with no success. It's like blackberry doesn't want my money. If anyone out there has a fix for this please tell.
    BlackBerry World stopped accepting my credit card-img_20140902_120414.png

CB10
    09-02-14 11:10 AM
    I got the same problem, after contacting my carrier, contacting BlackBerry via twitter (@blackberryhelp), contacting my carrier again without further progress i got the canadian BlackBerry technical Support telefone number...

So far i didn't call them, but I will.

I found an nearly similar case in BlackBerry community help forums. The persons credit card number (or his BlackBerry id, i don't know exactly) was flagged as untrustworthy in BlackBerry World database by accident...

Were are you located? I'm from germany, running on e-plus network

Greetings, Phil

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 11:40 AM
    Same problem here for around a few months now. Very frustrating. Have to make purchases through my cell carrier, which ends up adding additional fees to the purchase price.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.2180
    09-02-14 12:12 PM
    Same problem for me too. And I thought this was just to Indian users.
    Different cards, different IDs, different phones, no dice.

Running Q10SQN100-3/10.3.0.1130 on Vodafone India.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10SQN100-3/10.3.0.1052
    09-02-14 12:22 PM
    Y'all PM your card info to me, I'll try it on my end.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    09-02-14 12:44 PM
    Why not just go into payment options and delete card details and then input them again.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 01:36 PM
    Y'all PM your card info to me, I'll try it on my end.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    Haha. Good one. Nice try.

09-02-14 02:06 PM
    Why not just go into payment options and delete card details and then input them again.

Posted via CB10
    I thought my post made it clear that what you suggest had been tried.

09-02-14 02:07 PM
    I thought my post made it clear that what you suggest had been tried.

Well considering you are not the OP of this thread, my response wasn't directed at you, I would have thought that is obvious.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 07:51 AM
    Well considering you are not the OP of this thread, my response wasn't directed at you, I would have thought that is obvious.

Posted via CB10
    Point.

09-03-14 08:28 AM
    Did any of you guys manage to solve this issue. Can't understand why BlackBerry is silent about this.

Dear Mr. Chen, I have been with BlackBerry for more years then I can remember. I have the Z10, Q10 and the Z30. I am thinking of adding to my collection the passport and classic. This lack of support will without doubt change my attitude towards BlackBerry. I can't buy apps from BlackBerry World. Do I need to say how frustrating this is? Well not as frustrating as not being able to have direct access to support.

The new Apple iPhone 6 is beginning to sound more tempting and the temptation is getting stronger each day.

At the very lease, a knowledge the problem and let us have some idea as to what issues BlackBerry is facing regarding this problem.

I am not the the only one having this issue.

I wish BlackBerry all the very best and have 100 % confidence that BlackBerry will once again gain the respect of investors and consumers. You are the man.

Thank you

Regards

09-11-14 05:44 AM
    I was having same issue a month ago and it got absolutely solved by changing my BlackBerry ID password

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=946549

Posted via CB10
    macberry33 likes this.
    09-11-14 07:26 AM
    Just changed my BlackBerry ID, it did not work, same error

09-11-14 08:02 PM
    I'm having problems logging into Paypal, comes up with error message since os 10.3.0.1154

Blackberry Z30
    09-11-14 08:24 PM
    I've had the same problem all year

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 11:27 PM
    Are you guys trying to purchase using 10.3? A yet unofficial OS? This may be the problem.

No issues here. Just bought two apps this week. One for personal use (billed to carrier) the other for my business (billed to business credit card).

Works fine on Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    09-11-14 11:53 PM
    I have been experiencing problems when trying to make purchases. I get an error message that says "this purchase could not be completed. Please select a different payment method"

I was using it successfully with the same visa card. It stopped working suddenly and without any updates of any sorts. Updated BlackBerry World, still the same outcome. Installed the leaked OS 3.1 same error message. Asked BlackBerry for help - no solution.

Checked with bank, all systems go.

Come on BlackBerry, don't you want my money?

Please help

Have you tried refreshing BlackBerry World from the in-app settings?

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 01:28 AM
    Tried refreshing previously. Did not work. Just tried again. No, it still refuses me. This issue was present with the official OS 10.2. Installing the 10.3 did not help either. Same story on my Z30 and Z10 both on 10.3. And just the same issue with my Q10 which is still on 10.2. When I checked with the bank they say that they see the transaction but it gets reversed immediately. Same with all my cards. I have used the credit cards in stores with no problems even on the same day as trying to make the unsuccessful BlackBerry World purchase.

I'm at my wits end. Where is BlackBerry support?

09-12-14 02:55 PM
    I don't have 10.3.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 02:04 PM
    I finally got it working again. I changed my payment credit card from Amex to Visa and it worked. I had tried everything else but this finally did it.
    09-20-14 04:50 AM
    I tried all my credit cards, including one that works just fine with PayPal, and none of them works with BB World. Tried changing my BBWorld password. Tried programming the cards in both with the phone and the PC. Why should I have to pay through PayPal or my carrier and incur extra charges? This is bad.

Anyone have a surefire fix?
    11-14-14 10:08 AM
    Has anybody found a fix for this? I have a new Z10, OS 10.2.1.2976, on Verizon Wireless. Never had any credit card problems on my 9850. BB World verifies my BB account and verifies my MasterCard in payment options without problems, but when I try to use it, I get the same error message as the OP. I refreshed BBW without solving the problem. Tried re-inputting my credit card and confirmed with my bank that the issue isn't on their end. The phone doesn't give me an option to use Paypal, which I don't want to use anyway.

Any suggestions for getting my credit card to work? This is a new phone, and if I can't set up the apps I need, I'm going to have to return it.
    03-19-15 09:10 AM
35 12