Imagine the next OS update with Google Play Store officially embedded in it........hmmm

That will definitely be the end of Android phones.

A lot of android users are only there because of the availability of Apps and if Blackberry gets the Play Store, that will definitely be a winning strategy.

Having Play Store and BlackBerry World on a blackberry 10 device will be a very much welcome development.�

I see this happening very sooner than we all expect.

What do you guys think?

Posted via my Beautifully Designed White Z10 STL 100-1 running OS 10.2.1.1055
    12-07-13 09:49 PM
    Well this should be interesting....

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    12-07-13 09:51 PM
    I think this is BlackBerry last chance to turn it around. They really need to throw some development and advertising dollars at this. The BlackBerry hardware is superior to any other on the market. The OS is better than any on the market. Opening up this capability to run android apps will grab some attention but BlackBerry needs to take a page from Apple and advertise the heck out of it.

Z10
    12-07-13 10:16 PM
    Well, I will agree that it would be the end of one line of phones. I don't think it would be Android phones though. So, like xBBM, I think that would really be the end of Blackberry consumer/prosumer phones.
    12-07-13 10:21 PM
    The only way we're gonna see Play Store on a BlackBerry branded device is if it's running Android.
    12-07-13 10:51 PM
    The only way we're gonna see Play Store on a BlackBerry branded device is if it's running Android.
    I won't say that...
    12-07-13 11:01 PM
    Well, I will agree that it would be the end of one line of phones. I don't think it would be Android phones though. So, like xBBM, I think that would really be the end of Blackberry consumer/prosumer phones.
    As a matter of choice, if the play store comes onto blackberry and all other things being equal, which brand of device would you go for?

12-08-13 02:36 AM
    As far as I know, blackberry10 has the best Android runtime, better than many android devices and latest leak updates has gone million miles ahead to prove this. So I will say it's just a matter of time and Play Store will come.

12-08-13 02:39 AM
    As a matter of choice, if the play store comes onto blackberry and all other things being equal, which brand of device would you go for?

Hmmm. The Note 3 and the LG G2 both look nice.
    ��
    12-08-13 02:44 AM
    As far as I know, blackberry10 has the best Android runtime, better than many android devices and latest leak updates has gone million miles ahead to prove this. So I will say it's just a matter of time and Play Store will come.
    BlackBerry would need to join the Open Handset Alliance first. That would be a bold move.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Handset_Alliance
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    12-08-13 07:28 AM
    Well - i would not say that it is the end of Android phones. What i would say is that people will finally have a no-excuses 3 choice in phones with Blackberry. It means that a true 3rd option is out there that has it's own user experience (BB10 and the BB10 UX) and it's own focus (communications, hub), without having to compromise on Apps. (truely, all i am missing now is Uber).

Will people prefer BB10 over Android? I do. What we need to have happen, is for Customers to start to give it consideration again.
    12-08-13 07:35 AM
    The problem with all this is that nobody knows. Nobody knows what the BlackBerry is capable of except people like us on this forum. BlackBerry needs to sell the superior functionality of their products.

Z10
    12-08-13 07:37 AM
    Yeah it doesn't actually matter because even if it does come to BlackBerry - nobody will ever find out?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 03:35 PM
    The problem with all this is that nobody knows. Nobody knows what the BlackBerry is capable of except people like us on this forum. BlackBerry needs to sell the superior functionality of their products.

Z10
    In my opinion this is the biggest problem on BlackBerry. They don't tell the world how good they are. I mean the Z10, which I'm using since some weeks now, is a GREAT phone. Fast, big, secure (!), hub is great, really cool keyboard, perfect connectivity, app gap will be closed soon (officially with 10.2.1), BBM natural sound... I'm here in Austria and BlackBerry isn't really present. It's iPhone and, most of all, Android. Because they're cheap, I think. I'm telling and presenting everybody how good this phone is and getting back almost 100% positive response.

So BlackBerry, please invest in marketing! You have everything you need right now!

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 04:55 PM
    Imagine the next OS update with Google Play Store officially embedded in it........hmmm

That will definitely be the end of Android phones.

A lot of android users are only there because of the availability of Apps and if Blackberry gets the Play Store, that will definitely be a winning strategy.

Having Play Store and BlackBerry World on a blackberry 10 device will be a very much welcome development.�

I see this happening very sooner than we all expect.

What do you guys think?

BlackBerry aren't members of the Open Handset Allience so they'll not be getting official access to the Play Store anytime soon.
    12-08-13 05:02 PM
    BlackBerry would need to join the Open Handset Alliance first. That would be a bold move.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Handset_Alliance
    I can't see them joining... they'd have to ditch BB10 first.
    12-08-13 05:03 PM
    How will it be the end of Android when BB10 is a better Android than Android?
    12-08-13 05:04 PM