Since all these phones are evolving their OS why is it that people are still wanting the original? Why not embrace change?

TH recently said

"BlackBerry has made a lot of steady progress in the past year. Just one year ago, the world was totally different, not only for BlackBerry, but for the whole smartphone industry. Things change quickly in our industry, and we have embraced the concept of change and agility, and this has allowed us to move forward quite dramatically."

I like change. Do you???

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Z10
    russworman and BBGary like this.
    07-04-13 12:19 AM
    Change is good and in the end the consumers win!

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 12:25 AM
    I don't actually see Samsung entirely abandoning Android for a while yet. Google has huge oomph, and Tizen has essentially none. Seriously, go out on the street and ask people what they think of Tizen, they'll probably think you're talking about a new Nissan SUV.
    07-04-13 12:25 AM
    sammy isnt going anywhere. They sold something like 20 million S4 in about 60 days....
    07-04-13 12:27 AM
    I liken blackberry to vinyl or the phonograph.

Everyone said vinyl was dead but it's still around and still sells and makes profits for people. There will always be the new shiny music technology thingy, but the phonograph has been around for over a century. Survived radio, 8-track, cassette and the ipod.

Yeah, blackberry is just like that to me.

Posted via CB10
    magsasaka likes this.
    07-04-13 01:06 AM
    If BB stuck to BBOS and did not go through with qnx, we would all be bashing BB to move to android by now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk
    07-04-13 01:26 AM
    I don't actually see Samsung entirely abandoning Android for a while yet. Google has huge oomph, and Tizen has essentially none. Seriously, go out on the street and ask people what they think of Tizen, they'll probably think you're talking about a new Nissan SUV.
    Tizen is an empty threat towards Google. What makes android so formidable is the integration with all Google services and the play store. Tizen won't have that. Samsung is not going anywhere.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    07-04-13 02:21 AM
    And it seems Blackberry is having issues going from 7 to 10. They've just said there will be another 7 OS device.
    07-04-13 03:06 AM
    "Change is good" is the worst thing to go by. This is a quote by people who don't have the concept of good vs bad vs OMGWTFDIDYOUDO. This is the attitude of a fanboy. It's the kind of attitude that causes problems because it comes from the person that doesn't speak up when there is a problem because they can't - not don't, but can't - perceive anything as being a problem.

Change isn't always good. Unfortunately, some of these changes have become negatives. When you see a company adding back OLD features, it signals that change wasn't entirely good/positive/beneficial. It should be proof that change isn't always good. Nothing is perfect. There is always room for improvement. I wouldn't trust anyone who can't admit to some negativity.
    07-04-13 05:14 AM
    "Change is good" is the worst thing to go by. This is a quote by people who don't have the concept of good vs bad vs OMGWTFDIDYOUDO. This is the attitude of a fanboy. It's the kind of attitude that causes problems because it comes from the person that doesn't speak up when there is a problem because they can't - not don't, but can't - perceive anything as being a problem.

Change isn't always good. Unfortunately, some of these changes have become negatives. When you see a company adding back OLD features, it signals that change wasn't entirely good/positive/beneficial. It should be proof that change isn't always good. Nothing is perfect. There is always room for improvement. I wouldn't trust anyone who can't admit to some negativity.
    Nothing wrong with protecting our positive space. Being overly cynical and critical is just too easy and won't benefit anyone but themselves.

Obviously everybody knows the shortcomings of BB10 against OS7. In its current state, it might be lacking, but given time, BB10 will be much more supreme in ways that OS7 can only dream of. Even now, BB10 far exceeds OS7 in many ways.
    07-04-13 08:56 AM
    sammy isnt going anywhere. They sold something like 20 million S4 in about 60 days....
    "Shipped" FIFY
    07-04-13 08:58 AM
    And it seems Blackberry is having issues going from 7 to 10. They've just said there will be another 7 OS device.
    Right.

When apple moves from one ios version to another, they make sure that the later version is additive, and has all the features of the previous version, plus more features.

Same with android.

But when blackberry moved from os7 to os10, they dropped a lot of features that were important to their core base of business customers, most notably task and contact management. The announcement of more os7 devices is an indirect admission that os10 is still incomplete.
    07-04-13 10:27 AM