I am calling it now, Rim will get BB10 to at least #2 in the US, meaning one of Apple or Android will fall! #BB10Believe

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    kozmo68 and SDTRMG like this.
    01-25-13 07:19 PM
    3-4 years down the road?

Maybe.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-25-13 07:39 PM
    More likely Android because of its buggy messed up interface and the fact that Samsung is moving to Tizen. But not anytime soon. It is safe at least for 2013 and probably 2014. #2 is definitely possible for BB if it survives 2013. Worst case scenario it will serve a niche market for those who cant get away from BB due to the keyboard or whatever reason. I know of at least one person where BB is the perfect business tool for them because of just BBM and the cheap international roaming package available.
    01-25-13 07:40 PM
    lmao....well since you gave no date anything could happen.
    mikeo007 and SixStringMadness like this.
    01-25-13 07:53 PM
    More likely Android because of its buggy messed up interface and the fact that Samsung is moving to Tizen. But not anytime soon. It is safe at least for 2013 and probably 2014. #2 is definitely possible for BB if it survives 2013. Worst case scenario it will serve a niche market for those who cant get away from BB due to the keyboard or whatever reason. I know of at least one person where BB is the perfect business tool for them because of just BBM and the cheap international roaming package available.
    lol sorry, I don't think Samsung will be moving to Tizen...ever. Newer android phones are no where near as buggy as they use to be and they get better with every new version.
    petes03 and bodjor like this.
    01-25-13 08:00 PM
    by 2014....#BB10believe

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 and 9850 devices
    01-25-13 08:15 PM
    market share or sales?
    01-25-13 08:20 PM
    #BB10SlowDownThereSparky

I don't see them nabbing #2 anytime soon.

It's an uphill battle but I think Thor is just that damn good for me to even consider that BB10 will fail.
    01-25-13 08:32 PM
    sales for sure....and who knows, if it explodes....market share eventually
    #2 baby, give us choice?

SDTRMG likes this.
    01-25-13 08:38 PM
    lol sorry, I don't think Samsung will be moving to Tizen...ever. Newer android phones are no where near as buggy as they use to be and they get better with every new version.
    Samsung is releasing a Tizen phone in 2013 and I should correct myself it is not a fact that they are moving over. They have kept their options open as they also have a foot in Windows Phone 8. I guess they will just go with whatever is most popular.

As for Android, I have a Nexus 7 and I can confirm its a pain.
    01-25-13 09:08 PM
    It won't be anytime soon but as an iPhone 5 owner I believe they could if iOS doesn't innovate and redesign there OS, I am old bb user who switch to iOS and I can tell you the last big thing was Siri, that I was excited about anyway. The iPhone 5 is a beautiful phone but the OS is lacking a "WOW" factor. My phones 5 months old and I'm switching to the z10, that leads me to think there might be others who feel the same way I do.

I also own my a retail clothing store with online ecommerce cart, and can tell you iOS is no business phone, and my android experience was worse. Can't wait to bring my store app to bb10.
    01-25-13 09:17 PM
    RIM should certainly get into a strong #3 by this time next year. There's no way they can be pushing up to #2 for at least two years and probably longer. Everyone who just got a new phone in the past few months won't be getting a blackberry because they just got a new phone. In two years time, when those contracts are up if people are coming across to BB10 then we may have a race. For january 2016 I see RIM eroding some of the iOS/Android market share, perhaps 5-10% below them in market share, but pushing hard.

There are simply too many people who have been with iOS or android for 5 years or more and who will never ever ever ever change to seriously predict that RIM can become dominant anytime soon.
    01-26-13 06:44 AM
    The BlackBerry nation just needs to each get 2 new BB10 phones during 2013...I know I will...weekday phone and weekend phone...just switch activations each Friday evening, then I will look forward to the weekends even more, and Mondays will be better as well....

01-26-13 08:33 AM
    RIM should certainly get into a strong #3 by this time next year. There's no way they can be pushing up to #2 for at least two years and probably longer. Everyone who just got a new phone in the past few months won't be getting a blackberry because they just got a new phone.
    My personal belief is #3 as well, by virtue of these things take time. Apple didn't consistently pass RIM in sales for several years after the iPhones introduction. I believe the iPhone 4 was the one that really took it to the stratosphere.

Still, i have trouble with the contract reasoning, only because people go on and off contract all the time. It's like when the journalists claim "it's too late for RIM because there won't be anyone left". This assumes that the smartphone market as a whole isn't still growing; that no one buys Smartphones except at Christmas time; and that everyone has been locked in. It's simply not true on any front.

It also assumes RIM doesn't have any users to sell upgrades too, when really, they peaked this year globally. Even in beaten markets like the USA, they have something like 8 million customers to go after.

I say, "wait and see in a year", then report. In the meantime, enjoy what you enjoy.
    01-26-13 08:57 AM
    The BlackBerry nation just needs to each get 2 new BB10 phones during 2013...I know I will...weekday phone and weekend phone...just switch activations each Friday evening, then I will look forward to the weekends even more, and Mondays will be better as well....

I'm assuming an X10 for weekdays and a Z10 for weekends? Otherwise I'd just say to use BlackBerry Balance to separate your work and fun unless you can't use Balance without a BES setup which then makes it useless except to corporate.

Anyway, to stay on subject, I agree we can expect to see BlackBerry at #3 very quickly, knocking WIndows Phone down a notch.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    01-26-13 09:16 AM
    BB is a looooong way from number 2 ....not saying its not worthy as I'm moving back to BB the day 10s available. But not anytime soon ( years )
    01-26-13 09:20 AM
    BB10 has clear shot to be #3 if advertised correctly.

Windows Phone is smooth OS but if you don't put live tile for third party messaging app (like Whatsapp), you won't know if you got new messages
    WP also has that useless Search capacitive button that direct you to Bing wherever we are. If I'm in Contact I expect it to search my contact g0dd4mnit!
    01-26-13 09:56 AM
    Iphone is a dead end as really what has apple really done to reinvent the iphone as the IOS still is the same since the first Iphone really it is only with added updates and so forth.

Android is a buggy even on my samsung galaxy s3 it likes to crash at times due to bugginess in the OS and again where does Andriod fall into reinvention no where soon.

BB10 is a reinvention and a huge one for RIM and i hope their new OS will destroy APPLE's and Androids present OS'es and into the future as well.
    I am Canadian and proud of it and yes i have bought BB's' Iphones and Android Devices just look at my signature and i must say I MISS MY BB, but it is OLD and i want a touch screen phone and i
    went with Iphone 3gs and it was awesome for its time, but i soon got really bored with it. I then upgraded last year may 2012 to a Iphone 4 (not s version) and it was outstanding, but got really bored of the same old garbage platform and yeah APPS too are getting OLD.

I then in NOV 2012 upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S3 and i must say it was Awesome bigger screen then IPHONE 5 yes i could of upgraded to IPHONE 5, but it SUCKS as i wanted a BIGGER screen device and IPHONE 5 just did not cut it and again SAME OLD BORING IOS garbage and APPS.

I now may look into the Z10 BB once it is launch and out for a month or so to see how it is before i move to it.

I just bought a NEW PB version 2 model in DEC 2012, which was released in August 2012 and i love it as i was going to get a Samsung Model, but it is not even close to the PB in specs.

I just HOPE RIM has thousands of APPS and supporters for APPS for this new Hardware they are releasing soon as if not say GOODBYE to RIM and Canada's ONLY cellphone Manufacture.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    01-26-13 10:32 AM
    I don't know. Success could certainly snowball once the devices are out there. It's the availability heuristic.. right now in parts of US, people don't see any blackberrys and assume RIM is dead and has no chance for success. Whereas I was in a LONG line this morning (I'm in Canada) and counted 2 iphones and 5 blackberrys so it's easy for me to assume BB10 devices will get picked up by the masses.
    01-26-13 11:26 AM
    I am calling it now, Rim will get BB10 to at least #2 in the US, meaning one of Apple or Android will fall! #BB10Believe

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    Perhaps not market share in the short term but what's more important is increase of adoption rates vs the others, now that will be a telling sign of future market share. I see no reason, based on consumer experience alone why Blackberry 10 (RIM) could not aspire to # 2 in the future. M2M as far as I'm concerned is "the next wave in technology" , RIM is well placed by virtue of their RTOS , ahead of the field in many respects (including filed patents) , so going forward communication via smart phone (Blackberry 10) should see a natural fit to M2M, exciting times ahead for sure.
    01-26-13 11:50 AM
    Iphone is a dead end as really what has apple really done to reinvent the iphone as the IOS still is the same since the first Iphone really it is only with added updates and so forth.

Android is a buggy even on my samsung galaxy s3 it likes to crash at times due to bugginess in the OS and again where does Andriod fall into reinvention no where soon.

BB10 is a reinvention and a huge one for RIM and i hope their new OS will destroy APPLE's and Androids present OS'es and into the future as well.
    I am Canadian and proud of it and yes i have bought BB's' Iphones and Android Devices just look at my signature and i must say I MISS MY BB, but it is OLD and i want a touch screen phone and i
    went with Iphone 3gs and it was awesome for its time, but i soon got really bored with it. I then upgraded last year may 2012 to a Iphone 4 (not s version) and it was outstanding, but got really bored of the same old garbage platform and yeah APPS too are getting OLD.

I then in NOV 2012 upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S3 and i must say it was Awesome bigger screen then IPHONE 5 yes i could of upgraded to IPHONE 5, but it SUCKS as i wanted a BIGGER screen device and IPHONE 5 just did not cut it and again SAME OLD BORING IOS garbage and APPS.

I now may look into the Z10 BB once it is launch and out for a month or so to see how it is before i move to it.

I just bought a NEW PB version 2 model in DEC 2012, which was released in August 2012 and i love it as i was going to get a Samsung Model, but it is not even close to the PB in specs.

I just HOPE RIM has thousands of APPS and supporters for APPS for this new Hardware they are releasing soon as if not say GOODBYE to RIM and Canada's ONLY cellphone Manufacture.
    You got bored of having apps!?!
    01-26-13 11:55 AM
    You got bored of having apps!?!
    I think he meant the 1500 solitaire apps and perhaps the 400,000 other apps that never get down loaded,lol.

Too little apps are no good, too many apps are no good, a happy medium of good apps is the ticket imho.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    01-26-13 12:01 PM
    I think he meant the 1500 solitaire apps and perhaps the 400,000 other apps that never get down loaded,lol.

Too little apps are no good, too many apps are no good, a happy medium of good apps is the ticket imho.
    Absolutely your correct as to many apps which never really get used so if apple were to remove such apps i bet they would be down at least 200,000 apps in the ecosystem.

Really think about it how many ppl use more then say 10-20 apps on a daily basis and how many ppl downloaded all those apps in the apple store? Probably most ppl on average use 10-20 apps a day and probably only downloaded and tried out maybe 2000 apps WHOOPY boring apps and boring app base Apple has so for APPLE to try an boast they have a HUGE app base.... LMAO a base that hardly is ever used for the entire store.
    01-26-13 12:10 PM
    As for Android, I have a Nexus 7 and I can confirm its a pain.
    Who are you confirming with? Yourself? If you're having trouble with the Nexus 7, all's I can say is, technology isn't for everyone.
    Admorris, bodjor and Saiga like this.
    01-26-13 04:16 PM

And how many of the 40,000 apps in the 2 or 3 days from the recent port-a-thon do you think will get downloaded? It doesn't matter how many of the same app something has, because i'm sure each one is different in it's own way, and will appeal to different people accordingly. The good ones stand out and get promoted, whereas the other ones not so much..but the more options the better imo.
    01-26-13 04:22 PM
42 12