I am calling it now, Rim will get BB10 to at least #2 in the US, meaning one of Apple or Android will fall! #BB10Believe

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    In what time frame? I'll give RIM 3rd place but not 2nd for at least 3 years.
    snaqvi91 likes this.
    01-26-13 09:13 PM
    IMO the spot doesn't matter, as long as the company makes profits and the OS/apps are supported.
    bodjor likes this.
    01-27-13 12:04 AM
    IMO the spot doesn't matter, as long as the company makes profits and the OS/apps are supported.
    To some degree the spot does matter. BBM might be very good, but unless you can reach your friends by BBM the advantage of having it available is weakened.

There are some very good ideas in BB10 and finally they are moving to a modern OS but this is somewhat like the situation that apple was dealing with when they moved to OS X. It was a long uphill climb to get from insignificant to major player - and then it wasn't even a major player in their original market category (iPhones and pods instead of desktop computers).

2014 is extremely optimistic. Maybe 2018 if it happens.

I personally don't think it will make it to #2 in the US. iOS might be getting old in UI design but it is exceptionally polished and established now. Android has a way to go to get to the iOS level of polish but what will BB10 offer over android (aside from novelty) to make it worth the switch?
    01-27-13 12:15 AM
    Beating out windows phone is easier to imagine than the other two.

This may have been beaten to death, but what would you tell iOS or android owning friends about BB10 to convince them to take a look at it?

I am afraid part of it is fashion or popularity. iOS phones are still desirable above and beyond their utility.
    Villain likes this.
    01-27-13 12:21 AM
    The average user is going to look at BB10 and see an iOS and Android phone, in my opinion. They're going to see rows of icons, the little dots to indicate which page you're on and a less than desirable app store and then they're going to go to the iPhone. Excitement is good but this is just frothing at the mouth. I would love someone to tell me one feature of the Z10 that is different and will turn the masses' heads.
    01-27-13 02:11 AM
    The average user is going to look at BB10 and see an iOS and Android phone, in my opinion. They're going to see rows of icons, the little dots to indicate which page you're on and a less than desirable app store and then they're going to go to the iPhone. Excitement is good but this is just frothing at the mouth. I would love someone to tell me one feature of the Z10 that is different and will turn the masses' heads.
    One thing I can think of that would be very nice for me is the separate work and personal modes. I carry two phones with me half the time because I don't want to mix work and personal things across the phones. This would solve that. BBM is another potential advantage, but I'm not really sure what else there is.
    01-27-13 02:43 AM
    we will all let you know soon enough...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 and 9850 devices
    01-27-13 05:42 AM
    One thing I can think of that would be very nice for me is the separate work and personal modes. I carry two phones with me half the time because I don't want to mix work and personal things across the phones. This would solve that. BBM is another potential advantage, but I'm not really sure what else there is.
    Yes. I did that for a long time as well. I had two phones. One for personal, one for business. I still have two phones, but now it's more for the fact that my BBerry is on the T-Mo network, and my spare phone is on Sprint. This way I have two separate carriers, and two separate carrier technologies (GSM and CDMA) to hopefully get coverage no matter where I am in the U.S.A. Globally, of course, my CDMA phone is useless.

Having one phone that can switch between work and personal modes would be good for us guys that work hard, but want to switch to another mode when we play just as hard.
    01-27-13 05:47 AM
    If it goes to #2 position that will be be around the time Cramer finally comes out and gives it a "buy" rating.
    01-27-13 07:50 AM
    Yes. I did that for a long time as well. I had two phones. One for personal, one for business. I still have two phones, but now it's more for the fact that my BBerry is on the T-Mo network, and my spare phone is on Sprint. This way I have two separate carriers, and two separate carrier technologies (GSM and CDMA) to hopefully get coverage no matter where I am in the U.S.A. Globally, of course, my CDMA phone is useless.

Having one phone that can switch between work and personal modes would be good for us guys that work hard, but want to switch to another mode when we play just as hard.
    Strangely I end up traveling where CDMA is still useful - but nowadays the phones can so both CDMA and TDMA/GSM/WCDMA anyway.
    01-27-13 12:15 PM
    BB10! Enough is enough and it's time for a change!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 and 9850 devices
    01-29-13 03:47 PM
    Hopefully, RIM can figure out a way to introduce Balance to rank and file consumers.
    Last edited by trelawrence; 01-29-13 at 10:40 PM.
    01-29-13 04:27 PM
    3-4 years down the road?

Maybe.
    Best case, RIMM gets over 10% market share in the USA in 12 months. I expect BB10 to take about 5% market share in the USA within 6 months. From there it is word of mouth.
    01-29-13 09:41 PM
    I hope it comes down to Apple Microsoft and RIM, and Android just disappears and becomes something that people flash their phones with to experiment instead of manufacturers offering it on their phones.
    Like how Linux works on PCs.
    01-30-13 03:25 AM
    I hope it comes down to Apple Microsoft and RIM, and Android just disappears and becomes something that people flash their phones with to experiment instead of manufacturers offering it on their phones.
    Like how Linux works on PCs.
    That would have been more likely if BB10 arrived two years ago and RIM had semi-opened it in the way that android is. Android is not going away because it is the one OS that gives the carriers much more control over the configuration, it's very inexpensive and anyone can build an android phone.

I don't think that iOS an android are going to fall out of the #1 and #2 slots anytime soon. If BB10 can become a close third in the US that would be remarkable.
    01-30-13 04:26 AM
    #3 will be BB's...for sure!

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930
    02-03-13 11:50 AM
    trust me there are TONS of people who feel the same. Forget the naysayers, I personally know 5 Iphone 4S and 5 users dumping their phones for the z10 and q10.
    02-03-13 11:57 AM
42 12