Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BaconMunch
  • 1 Post By AVPTI
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BlackBerry Trade-Up Program and BB10

Is RIM planning to add the BB10 L-Series (now Z10, God, I hate this new name) and the N-Series to its BlackBerry Trade-Up Program? If they do so, it would a token of gratitude for their loyal BB users. So, any info or comments about this?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts

I think the L-Series should have been the X10 and the N-Series should have been the Z10 because X is cooler and for the touch screen people and Z is N tilted, square screen 720x720 pixels. That being said I'd be happy to trade-in my 9900 that still has just under 2 years on contract for a subsidized BB10 device.
    Thanked by:
    Lehomer (12-25-2012) 
    Cesare21 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Available upon request.

The whole Z is N tilted is actually pretty clever.

Nice little find.
    XoXoXo
    jerryeight likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

I do not believe RIM came out and announced the name of the new BlackBerry 10 full-touch device as "Z10".
    Purchase these awesome apps for Z10 (BB10-device): Utilities: Mobile Network | Developer ModeBluetooth | Mobile Hotspot | NFC | Learn Essential Japanese Verbs | Ultimate Powerball
    FREE BlackBoard Lite (Free!) Coming SOON!: Mega Millions 10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,042 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaconMunch View Post
    I think the L-Series should have been the X10 and the N-Series should have been the Z10
    Neither name is 'confirmed'.
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yes-yes. They definitely should do this!
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by kdna View Post
    I do not believe RIM came out and announced the name of the new BlackBerry 10 full-touch device as "Z10".
    They haven't and hopefully it is not the actual name as it seems fairly idiotic to pick one where your major english-speaking markets are going to be pronouncing it differently let alone the rest of the world.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,354 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TrioGM View Post
    Is RIM planning to add the BB10 L-Series (now Z10, God, I hate this new name) and the N-Series to its BlackBerry Trade-Up Program? If they do so, it would a token of gratitude for their loyal BB users. So, any info or comments about this?
    It would be a great idea and way to get max sales on release
    CrackBerry Abuser

My Z phone can beat up your iPhone! What difference does a name make!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Default Re: BlackBerry Trade-Up Program and BB10

Quote Originally Posted by stardotstar View Post
    My Z phone can beat up your iPhone! What difference does a name make!
    It could make a lot difference because if you have a great phone but with a sh*tty name it wouldn't have the respect that it deserves
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,354 Global Posts

It could make a lot difference because if you have a great phone but with a sh*tty name it wouldn't have the respect that it deserves
    Respect comes from performance.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaconMunch View Post
    I think the L-Series should have been the X10 and the N-Series should have been the Z10 because X is cooler and for the touch screen people and Z is N tilted, square screen 720x720 pixels. That being said I'd be happy to trade-in my 9900 that still has just under 2 years on contract for a subsidized BB10 device.
    Agree. I don't like the name either. I will still be buying one, but will just be calling it Blackberry 10 phone. L-series series shou be "Blackberry Touch" and the N-series should be "Blackberry Type"
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,691 Global Posts

It would definitely make sense for them to do so. I'm still using my 9700 so wouldn't get much for it... that, and I think I may just hold onto it as a back up should the new phones have any issues.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,352 Global Posts

I would certainly hope so. I just hope they don't adjust down the prices too far when the new ones launch and they make it easier to do, like they can tie directly to the Carriers and allow us to trade in right in the store and not limit us to one device, I know a few people with more than one BlackBerry laying around that would be eligible. Would definitely help sway them toward BlackBerry again.
    8700, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9860, Z10! Spider-Man case FTW!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,781 Global Posts

I'm rather hoping they do a trade-up promotion of some sort, it would make the upgrade much easier for me considering that I still have a pretty long time left on my contract.
    Z30 (10.2.1.2947) | Lumia 1020 (WP8.1 Dev Preview, Lumia Black) | Nexus 4 (Android 4.4.2)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Default Re: BlackBerry Trade-Up Program and BB10

So, if RIM decides to have BB10 for a trade-up, how much do you think it'll cost then?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,691 Global Posts

So, if RIM decides to have BB10 for a trade-up, how much do you think it'll cost then?
    That would all depend on what model your trading in as per how it currently works. As for the cost of the new phones, before trade up values, we'll all have to wait until they are released and the carrier's post their pricing.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,084 Global Posts

Toe mate toe / Toe mot toe, Z ee 10 / Z ed 10, everybody knows what a tomato is, Z10 will follow naturally, if not it will create more buzz, more buzz is always good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeevecr View Post
    They haven't and hopefully it is not the actual name as it seems fairly idiotic to pick one where your major english-speaking markets are going to be pronouncing it differently let alone the rest of the world.