I know most of us are using many patched android apps and trying different version of apks for specific need. We need to patch different versions and try all of them before we install the working version of apk.This has become repetitive for others as they need to go through same process of installation which is very painful and time-consuming

There are threads here with working apks but we don't know in which page they appear. Hence, people are creating threads like 'Need working apk for viber' etc.

Why can't we have an app which stores the patched & working apks for all the apps irrespective of their availability of BBW

This way it will be very much helpful for people like me.

This app should be updated with modified and patched apks as they are updated in play store

I'm not sure if auto installation will be possible but that will be great idea

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by babugaru1; 11-10-16 at 11:24 PM.
    Vladislavt, arpan_bb and Vistaus like this.
    10-20-16 09:51 AM
    Good idea. Let us know when it's up and running.
    10-20-16 09:54 AM
    Good idea. Let us know when it's up and running.
    Hahah, I need answer from genius like u. I'm ready to pay for that app

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    10-20-16 09:56 AM
    I like the idea also, but maybe we could have and the sticky thread here where the working patched apk's will be linked?

Personally, I don't need urgently app which will do that for me, but the one place on this forum where all those working apk's will be posted, linked, etc. On one place, just to avoid like you have said, the searching all over the forum where someone posted some patched apk. 😉
    10-20-16 10:14 AM
    Idea is great
    10-20-16 11:28 AM
    Not sure what the developers would think of unofficial edited APKs floating around...
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-20-16 11:33 AM
    Something similar was made a while back for nokia symbian phones. It worked great and I think it is still up and running.

It shouldn't be hard even if it is Web based app. You just need a server, some coding and then Polish it up.

Also we need some kind of group testing what apks and their versions work on different bb10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 11:37 AM
    Isn't this something "Snap" already does?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 11:41 AM
    Isn't this something "Snap" already does?

Posted via CB10
    No, Snap doesn't spoonfeed the patching process.

There are threads here with working apks but we don't know in which page they appear. Hence, people are creating threads like 'Need working apk for viber' etc.
    That's what searching is for.
    10-20-16 11:42 AM
    Yes, snap is not have some important apps.... BB10 is needed separate android app store. Good idea

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 09:31 PM
    There are many people who are not aware of crackberry and many don't have time to post a thread here for required apk.

I believe it will certainly give positive impression on bb10 common users (not only the one who always roam around here)

As bb10 apps in BBW are becoming obsolete slowly and this idea can make bb10 devices alive for at least 5 years from now

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 10:55 PM
    Why can't we have an app which stores the patched & working apks for all the apps irrespective of their availability of BBW
    At the very least, that's a clear violation of the Terms of Service (ToS) of all of those apps. It's probably illegal, but even if it isn't, it could result in nuked accounts or worse.

Those apps are owned by the developers who create them, and they definitely don't want hacked versions of their apps being hosted for group use - no matter how well-intentioned you think you are.

As those devs would likely tell you: if they wanted you to run their app on another OS, they'd write a native app for it.
    JeepBB and bishumoharana like this.
    10-21-16 12:56 AM
    At the very least, that's a clear violation of the Terms of Service (ToS) of all of those apps. It's probably illegal, but even if it isn't, it could result in nuked accounts or worse.

Those apps are owned by the developers who create them, and they definitely don't want hacked versions of their apps being hosted for group use - no matter how well-intentioned you think you are.

As those devs would likely tell you: if they wanted you to run their app on another OS, they'd write a native app for it.
    If my understanding is correct, there are plenty of Android app stores which does the same.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    10-21-16 01:35 AM
    And crackberry forum itself have many pached apks

They would have filed case on cobalt already if they bother about bb10

Posted via CB10
    10-21-16 01:43 AM
    If my understanding is correct, there are plenty of Android app stores which does the same.

Posted via CB10
    Not with hacked versions of the apps there isn't.

The other issue is the maps api key. Everyone has to patch and inject their own key anyway, so a store would not be useful.
    10-21-16 03:12 AM
    Yes there are app stores out there. Apkpure is the one I use. They have their app to download from their repository.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    10-21-16 07:01 AM
    Not with hacked versions of the apps there isn't.

The other issue is the maps api key. Everyone has to patch and inject their own key anyway, so a store would not be useful.
    There are a few Android app stores that host hacked versions. Apkpure, for example, has a bunch of patched apps to make them work on older Android versions.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red) <3
    10-21-16 11:55 PM

What about open source apps? There are a lot of them and they are free to patch and hack by anyone.

10-21-16 11:57 PM
    What about open source apps? There are a lot of them and they are free to patch and hack by anyone.
    Obviously those exist, and, sure, do as you like there. But if you're going to build an app store, you're going to need the top 50 apps in each significant category in order to have much market value. If you're missing popular, even critical apps, there's not much point. And none of THOSE apps are likely to be open-source.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-22-16 01:49 AM

There's already F-Droid for FOSS apps, but OP wants patching of popular (i.e. closed source) apps spoonfed for him.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-22-16 02:53 AM
    Obviously those exist, and, sure, do as you like there. But if you're going to build an app store, you're going to need the top 50 apps in each significant category in order to have much market value. If you're missing popular, even critical apps, there's not much point. And none of THOSE apps are likely to be open-source.
    Obviously, most are closed source, but some popular apps in the Play Store happen to be open source. VLC for Android is one such example.

10-22-16 03:02 PM
    A very good idea indeed.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 11:13 PM
    We could at least upload those patched apks in wap site if building an app is tough job
    11-10-16 11:23 PM