Is anyone else concerned that BlackBerry is spreading their resources too thin?

BBM, QNX, BES, BB10 , BBOS, IoT...

While apple Google and Microsoft are able to devote employees and vast amounts of money to their mobile os while also working in innovating, BlackBerry is not in the same boat. The new ios8 features look amazing. Many of the enhancements to battery and screen sharing and functionality are innovations that I would love to see BlackBerry make, I think they just don't have the resources.

It almost seems like a waste of time and money for BlackBerry to have developed at flat theme in 10.3. Don't get me wrong, I like what they are doing with 10.3 and all, but aesthetics really isn't the main problem.

How much longer do you think BlackBerry will be able to stay in this race if they start falling behind on innovations?

How can they solve this problem? I for one think they need to announce end of support for bbos.. just like windows XP, it's time to move on and free some resources internally (maybe even fix the frickin contacts app!?!).

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 12:15 PM
    Your post looks looks the same as some posted 3 or so years ago.

Concerned that getting into the tablet and consumer driven cell phone market
    would hurt BlackBerry. In the end it did, but due to lack of execution/bad launches, missing vital functions and failure to move folks over to the new OS. Not because it was a "tablet" but how BB did it.

They are way past being too thin and are now at the end of the "slash and get cash" portion.
    Moving into "whatever makes money for our shareholders" stage.

Gasp...
    crackbb10 likes this.
    06-04-14 12:25 PM
    They are way past being too thin and are now at the end of the "slash and get cash" portion.
    Moving into "whatever makes money for our shareholders" stage.
    And cutting out whatever doesn't.
    06-04-14 01:00 PM
    You do know how much revenue BIS brings in, right? By dumping that it'd be like putting a tourniquet around their cash flow, somewhere around the neck.

BES12 allows legacy and new to live together in harmony and will get a smooth transition in companies to the new devices. Cash will come in by BES12 managing all devices, not just Blackberry made ones in the form of licensing fees.

Updating your OS is required to not become jurassic as BBOS is seen by consumers; this is a play to keep updated in the market. "Appeal to more people and keep your functionality while improving everything" seems to be the tact they are aiming for this year. Give them a few more months. If the new devices and functionality play well together at enterprise level then they will penetrate back in to the consumer market naturally.

The new slogan should be "tools for awesome people".

I wantz more BlackBerry goodness!
    06-04-14 01:12 PM