Just stumpled upon this (3 months old) article.: Apple beats Android in the DoD, but Blackberry still rules | TG Daily (My search terms were DoD BlackBerry, Google)

Another advantage fielded by Blackberry is speed. Indeed, I recently reviewed a Blackberry 10 deployment by a Canadian Security firm. Initially, I assumed it would list security as a primary reason for choosing the platform over iOS and Android. However, this wasn�t the case, as it was selected based on sheer speed.
    It strikes me as funny cos people always seems to state that the A10 won't be up to speed and dead on arrival.

Furthermore from the is Blackberry dead in two years debate.:
    @tickerguy looks like your argument about security is moot. FBI is going with Samsung. Clearly there are other choices in marketplace for corporations.

Samsung set to steal BlackBerry's slice of the FBI pie

Samsung set to steal BlackBerry's slice of the FBI pie - IT News from V3.co.uk (By YyzBerry)
    But as one can clearly reed Dod doesn't have an all exclusive contract with one company albeit Blackberry is close.:

recently contacted the DoD, which confirmed that the department has a total of 8,700 Android phones in test and deployment.
    Read more at Apple beats Android in the DoD, but Blackberry still rules | TG Daily
    However when you find out that the Pentagon also has a whopping 41,000 iPhones in trial, you can't help but get the sense that Android really isn�t that much of a big deal for the government.
    Read more at Apple beats Android in the DoD, but Blackberry still rules | TG Daily
    Then we get to Blackberry and suddenly both Apple and Samsung seem insignificant. Indeed, Blackberry boasts a total 470,000 products in deployment and test.
    If you bother looking at the actual source for Samsung's potential DoD deal it simply states that.:
    Samsung is on the verge of inking a deal with the FBI to become one of the agency's mobile phone suppliers.
    Source.: Samsung set to steal BlackBerry's slice of the FBI pie - IT News from V3.co.uk

Yet a lot of bashers (and there are more than one) behave as if BlackBerry is out of government and Samsung is the only in... this of cause is not the case.

From the tgdaily article.:
    To be sure, both Apple and IBM struggled during their respective turnaround efforts, with both taking nearly 5 years to convince the market they could be trusted again.

So to sum up.: Will spec's be a performance issue for the A10? No.

IS BB Dead within two years? Well the question should have been is media and short term traders impatient? Well yes they are
    sergey_IL likes this.
    07-29-13 04:47 PM
    Sounds good to me!
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    07-30-13 11:49 AM
    Well 10.2.0.810 is not really fast but I don't care.
    Android and ios and wp sucks

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 11:51 AM
    Not surprising, since BlackBerry has always been close to security and speed (with this new BB10)
    08-01-13 03:22 AM