I am a China's bber, a market research analyst. I have confidence on the BlackBerry bb10 OS, now does not see hope. Now BlackBerry performance decline, layoffs, may be acquired, Blackberry Chinese companies may be closed, so I could not help but talk about things BlackBerry Chinese company all these years.

In early 2011 I had several big cities in China, the smart phone users conducted a sample survey, people who actually use the BlackBerry as much as 5%, which means that the number of 200-300 million people. You know, Blackberry BIS service knows 2011 was officially listed in China, Chinese bbers true for BlackBerry features, safety and efficiency, there is no concept. They are more like the BlackBerry mobile phone screen's performance in the sun, shortcut keys, and full keyboard typing.

Thanks to parallel distributors in Shenzhen Hua Qiangbei, including Southeast Asia. They are the real BlackBerry company's employees. Although RIM is not give them wages.

2013, bb10 start selling mobile phones, Blackberry found a large market research company to do a survey report, the report mentioned that in five years, bb10 phone can be more than $ 500 in China's high-end mobile phones, dominant 20% of the market. It means that 20 million units sold.

The fact is, according to the latest survey results, BlackBerry's market share in China is only 0.1%. According to China's ebay - Taobao.com data and the parallel importer's sales, we can know, and now China has activated 10,000 units per month.

The gap between ideal and reality is so big, I'm afraid no one would dare to take over Blackberry China.

According Blackberry usual style, I think, may be laid off blackberry China, followed by Hong Kong, Blackberry, and even Southeast Asia branch management.

In fact, the BlackBerry has never been seriously and truly into the Chinese market, China for them, it does not matter a noun. But many examples have proved, say no to china is dead!

First let me tell you what kind of blackberry China an organization, in fact, limited to the level of my English, I can not find a suitable adjective. But for Chinese bber, they represent stupid, unprofessional, no professional ethics.

Sina Weibo is Chinese bbers only a social platform, and its status similar Twitter. Now more than a micro-channel, thanks to BlackBerry users in Southeast Asian countries, because they are, Tencent developed �Wechat� version of the BlackBerry. But most Chinese bber, are used Sina Weibo.

Blackberry China attaches great importance to Sina Weibo, they each quarter to the ID for this microblogging spend 30 million U.S. dollars. You know, generally 500 companies Sina Weibo ID one year maintenance fee is? May be sufficient for 300,000 yuan.

Undoubtedly, the price comes to commercial bribery. Well, we look at the PR firm and Blackberry China microblog editor to do something.

They made content is often outdated and useless. Never before sync introduces Blackberry has introduced new phone.

They have specialized clarify a parallel vendors, called Dongtong Blackberry, not the officials. Because they are a BlackBerry Repairs made a commitment, often introduces new BlackBerry phones.

This is equivalent to making a commercial Dongtong Blackberry. Privately, we think they are the only one doing the right thing. You do not know Chinese bbers anger. I purchased in the U.S. pb bad, in China, Hong Kong can not be repaired, you must go to the U.S. repair. Dongtong Blackberry to help me fix it.

In June I attended the BlackBerry developer activities, there are two z10 because developers need to upgrade 10.2os, can not boot up. I want to work on BlackBerry Chinese friend to help restore it. Then a woman, seriously tell me that your phone is smuggled goods, can not enjoy our service. Who are you where to buy it to find him.

In 2012, blackberry China through Sina Weibo told us to plug in the computer when u disk, which is unique to the BlackBerry features.��I bet that editors will certainly use the iphone.

Edit ignorance derision, and then they said she was sent to study in Malaysia.

bbers imitate this microblog write different articles, we called �Blackberry style�.

In 2012, the BlackBerry Developer Conference, we blackberry China's official micro-Bo, but in asking you, where to go Labour Day holiday.

They warned a bber, because he wanted a blackberry poker on using pictures to not infringe copyright Blackberry company. However, the Blackberry China's official microblogging has unauthorized to use the bber photographs, and even sources are not indicated.

They are still working hours listening to music, share it forgot to switch ID, fans discovered this thing, and quickly removed the article.

Too many stupid things, China's blackberry fans all know. I'm not list one by one

On August 2, 2013, they also use models, nine years ago, the Internet search images, the watermark image, with the tone of the business elite wrote a tweet。��****!I threw a 8700 four years ago

BlackBerry BIS service too late to enter China, a lot of people do not know its characteristics. Blackberry mainstream media did not understand. Attention Sina Weibo platform are reasonable, we can understand that the editors are not professional, but the blackberry employees certified performance on Sina Weibo, more people feel incredible.

A BlackBerry Chinese middle managers use a ipad write Weibo, bbers discovered the problem, and ultimately the company fired him under pressure.

But this is not the worst. Bbers found blackberry China before CEO, Mr. Liu, who had created the BlackBerry Chinese companies. He is the biggest undercover. We found that when he was living in Canada , the Weibo shows blackberry client, when he was in China continent, the Weibo shows iphone.

Blackberry China pr, MS Kaite wrote a tweet on departure day say goodbye to everyone, with android devices.I think, she finally breathed a sigh of relief: I can use their own mobile phone!

Responsible for blackberry pr companies in China is also ignorance to the fullest. Because I have job interview one from the public relations company blackberry team out, he wrote a resume on the this project. At that time, 9900 has been on the market for three months, I bought a used from Hong Kong. He didn't know what is my new mobile phone model.

If the above problems because of ignorance, the following problems can only be explained by "greed".

In China of the blackberry phone models, basic half higher than foreign retail price, and more.
    For example, when gray market bold 9900 below 3000 yuan, they buy more than 5000 yuan.
    Do you know p9981 just listed the retail price is how much money in China? 28888 yuan, equivalent to more than $4,000. Even if they give a nice flight trunk, it is sky-high.
    This is not the worst, they say that because China's tariff is too high, high channel cost. We have enough evidence to show that the blackberry's official flagship store in China, are doing one thing: from the dealer's hand at a low price to buy the blackberry, and then the price is sold to consumers. And the scrap warehouse machines sold to consumers, after-sales service query less than this is available.

And consumers buy a z10 on the blackberry flagship store, he spent 8888 yuan($1300), also open the invoice. Someone smile he cheated, because he spent only 6000 yuan($1000). In fact, Z10 until now has not officially went on sale in China.

According to Chinese law, consumer requirement pay double the purchase cost money, at least mention of pr project involving commercial bribery.

We know that the blackberry bb10 to succeed, at least with the commonly used app. But in China, even this all can't satisfy us. Bb10 applications, even more than the old OS.

When friends using mobile phones for social, shopping, navigation... Our bb10 can only be used for text messaging, E-mail and telephone. Not to mention the App from android. Damn of blackberry, everywhere is junk Apps in Appworld. They won't tell you this from android.

Blackberry in China this year hired dozens of developers, specially developed common app. ****! This was the work of public relations department, spend money to contact native developers and companies, let them do the blackberry version of the app. This turned out to be wrong, they get nowhere, layoffs, now dismissed this group of people and spend a lot of money.

They make weibo app, even less personal mowriter. Later, there is a developer, modified the original webos weibo app, because it is based on the development of the HTML 5, gesture to operate smoothly. The blackberry bought this app, just have a better version.

I come into contact with many Chinese developers, because they don't understand the blackberry bb10 platform, they find it hard to raise interest. Combined with blackberry China doesn't even have a Chinese development documentation, let alone encapsulate some development kit, they want more Chinese app, this is not possible.

Without synchronization of the latest products, publicity, marketing, the price is too high, also without the support of developers, a group of fool with a high salary in operating the blackberry company in China.

Blackberry fans in China, in fact, the blackberry circle maintenance are stronger than them several times.

This is the blackberry China's status quo. I don't know, my peers, the market research company, why dare to make a target of up to tens of millions of sales market.

My peers is not wrong, in the past, give a person the illusion is always the cause of the Chinese government, causing the decline of the blackberry in the Chinese market. Now you know. Blackberry is of its own making.

Apple, samsung, nokia, such as competitors, in the Chinese market is far more than the blackberry.

China's domestic mobile phone, lenovo, huawei, zte, etc., is also very competitive.

This is not equal to the blackberry no living space in China.

From the Angle of market, blackberry, determines its saturated in the global business market, and continuously eroded by competitors. In South Africa, the Middle East and southeast Asia, the less developed areas, the blackberry another advantage, market incremental are slim.

Only the mobile Internet market capacity is huge, the smartphone market holdings has been as high as 600 million, the world's second largest economic entity, industrial transformation and upgrading of China, can bring huge growth could blackberry company. That's the key to the blackberry can survive.

Other example I don't speak, p9981, actual sales in China is very significant, is likely to be the world's top three sales. I found a lot of rich people use 9981. Although they didn't use the blackberry bis service, do not understand the backup, not install the software. They only care about: it is so cool, it is a symbol of identity.

The blackberry in the mobile phone market in China, the business world is almost blank, only foreign companies in use. This means that the vast majority of Chinese companies do not understand the blackberry. Including our most of the blackberry fan. Have not used the blackberry service, are one-sided understanding of blackberry, so to speak.

Sorry, blackberry never watch China accounted for 90% of the small and medium-sized enterprises market, today, these companies are particularly lack of mobility solutions.

Smartphone users safety consciousness is very weak in China, it's the chance of blackberry, they also can't see.

Chinese mobile phone users don't lag behind in terms of fashion, for samsung, apple has the aesthetic fatigue, nokia finished, local mobile phone industry design strength is not enough, it is also a blackberry.

In the aspect of government supervision, implements the server moved to China last year at least and circuit switching.
    ��

In a word, the Chinese market completely enough blackberry turnaround, but they will never lay down their pride and prejudice.

As one of the IT industry analyst, I am very bullish on bb10 OS technology advantage. But the market has let me down. Too many bugs, on the expression of safety and efficiency, is not as good as the old bb OS. I can tolerate, because a new OS needs time to grow.

I can't stand is that the blackberry habitually ignore to Chinese consumers.

For example, the playbook, doesn't even have Chinese input method. Hines blatantly lied to us.

Z10 system and input method, there is no special optimization for Chinese consumers. We have a joke, said the Chinese go abroad use z10, find English level decreased, because the cell phone too good English association input; International students come to China with z10, found that Chinese level raised, because the input Chinese need to input one word.

The Chinese market is very big, but need enough authorization, and formulated the market strategy, foreign companies to gain a foothold in China. Procter & gamble, Microsoft, apple and so on, in the Chinese market had many painful lessons.

I wish that my article can be canadians see, don't put the blackberry China to also do not understand the Chinese market of Hong Kong people or southeast asians. If the blackberry can China company restructuring, so, I believe the blackberry can rebirth.
    milo53, LuisCast, Eakle and 1 others like this.
    09-22-13 09:21 PM
    Sounds like BlackBerry should have been hands on there and should have learned how to speak Cantonese and Mandarin

Q10 10.2.0.1725 thanks BL Team
    eldricho, LuisCast and milo53 like this.
    09-22-13 09:31 PM
    I'm a Chinese BBer since 2011, i have BIS all the time.

What does Blackberry China do here? No AD, no promotion, no marketing, lack of carrier support, terrible contract with carrier, high price with a 2-year contract, sale old phone in carrier store (do you want a 9300 now?), no apps like QQ/WeChat (available now, but i personally don't use it at all), stock app in the early days.

You talk to people BB is secure, no one here care about security, goverment doesn't want to let you own a phone which has better security, coz they always monitor you, no privacy in China at all. How can BlackBerry promote itself as a security phone?

Who knows why they don't act better here?
    Last edited by zhb; 09-22-13 at 09:56 PM.
    09-22-13 09:42 PM
    China is considered the biggest and fastest growing nation when it comes to adoption of smartphones so I understand what you mean. The US has been very harsh to BlackBerry in the last few years, ever since the rise of iPhones and Android.

BlackBerry should improve their marketing in China and perhaps negotiate a deal with China Mobile even if profits will be marginal during the first year or two - in order to gain something in the long run, there are small things that must be sacrificed... but sadly the arrogant management team at BlackBerry can only see what's in front of them and huge profits are their main concern - this lead them to a write down of close to $1 billion in unsold inventory of BB10 devices all thanks to their pricing schemes that made the majority of buyers run away when seeing the price tags.

The image of BlackBerry has been badly painted thanks to their legacy devices and the position that they're now in isn't like what they used to back in the early 2000's. Hence, in order to gain back market share, they seriously need to price BB10 devices below flagship Iphones and Android devices, especially Samsung Galaxy phones. If they had priced the Z10, Q10 and Q5 at the right prices at launch, they could have avoided close to a billion dollars of write downs in unsold inventory.... BlackBerry management has never learned a thing or two about their current state in the dynamic field of technology.

Posted via CB10
    LuisCast likes this.
    09-22-13 09:55 PM
    Chinese State Intellectual Property Office has a department in the use of BlackBerry, albeit very old - 8700。 I know a large state-owned enterprises is also useful Blackberry, but only a small number of senior management. Times have changed, so-called government control, is just failure excuse for marketing and public relations.
    LuisCast and co4nd like this.
    09-22-13 09:58 PM
    I'm a Chinese BBer since 2011, i have BIS all the time.

What does Blackberry China do here? No AD, no promotion, no marketing, lack of carrier support, terrible contract with carrier, high price with a 2-year contract, sale old phone in carrier store (do you want a 9300 now?), no apps like QQ/WeChat (available now, but i personally don't use it at all), stock app in the early days.

You talk to people BB is secure, no one here care about security, goverment doesn't want to let you own a phone which has better security, coz they always monitor you, no privacy in China at all. How can BlackBerry promote itself as a security phone?

Who knows why they don't act better here?
    Chinese State Intellectual Property Office has a department in the use of BlackBerry, albeit very old - 8700。 I know a large state-owned enterprises is also useful Blackberry, but only a small number of senior management. Times have changed, so-called government control, is just failure excuse for marketing and public relations.
    09-22-13 10:01 PM
    China is considered the biggest and fastest growing nation when it comes to adoption of smartphones so I understand what you mean. The US has been very harsh to BlackBerry in the last few years, ever since the rise of iPhones and Android.

BlackBerry should improve their marketing in China and perhaps negotiate a deal with China Mobile even if profits will be marginal during the first year or two - in order to gain something in the long run, there are small things that must be sacrificed... but sadly the arrogant management team at BlackBerry can only see what's in front of them and huge profits are their main concern - this lead them to a write down of close to $1 billion in unsold inventory of BB10 devices all thanks to their pricing schemes that made the majority of buyers run away when seeing the price tags.

The image of BlackBerry has been badly painted thanks to their legacy devices and the position that they're now in isn't like what they used to back in the early 2000's. Hence, in order to gain back market share, they seriously need to price BB10 devices below flagship Iphones and Android devices, especially Samsung Galaxy phones. If they had priced the Z10, Q10 and Q5 at the right prices at launch, they could have avoided close to a billion dollars of write downs in unsold inventory.... BlackBerry management has never learned a thing or two about their current state in the dynamic field of technology.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I agree with "arrogant" this word
    09-22-13 10:12 PM
    Everytime I travel to CN, I am always asked about the BlackBerry device that I happen to be using at the time. The interest is there, but not one friend, or family member in CN, or TW currently rocks a BlackBerry device. It is sad.
    LuisCast likes this.
    09-22-13 10:30 PM
    I think native 3rd party apps would save blackberry. The major ones that are all ready available on multiple platforms would anyway. I have read that some people would claim that a BlackBerry in the phone world is what a BMW is within the auto industry. That may be true, and if it is great, than that would mean that native 3rd party apps is gasoline to our BlackBerry bmws. No matter how awesome the car is if you don't put gas in your beautiful BMW it will lose most of its functionality.

A lot of people on here state that they don't need apps, or they are happy with the apps that are available which is nice to know, but over 90% of the market find native 3rd party apps (not games necessarily just apps, and services) important when choosing a phone.

If I had any part of say within BlackBerry I would dispatch as many devs as possible to work with all the major popular services in order to expedite app creation for BlackBerry World.

I only say this because I have really grown to like bb10's ui, and would be disappointed if blackberry stops making hardware as a whole, and ends up just making apps for other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 05:44 AM
    Appreciated thread! Thanks for your effort and reports OP.

I don't know if BB never really care about China (how to do that with an immense market) or if that the govrnt that isn't that friendly with a said very secure devices...(ie not that controlable for them)...

But sure China would be a good market, and that would be more justice for sinoBB users that always have been sort of "ra*ped" when buying Blackberrie products!
    09-25-13 06:14 AM
    I don't know if BB never really care about China (how to do that with an immense market) or if that the govrnt that isn't that friendly with a said very secure devices...(ie not that controlable for them)...
    ^ This right here.

You know the sort of gut feeling some blackberry users have that "they are out to get blackberry". Well if you can't control them f**k them.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 06:53 AM
    Thank you for that information about Blackberry achievements (or lack of) in China.

The point of a company is to make profit and Blackberry seems to doing the exact opposite. BMW is a bad example because BMW sell like hotcakes in China as people with the money also like the German cars which proves that just surrender a market because the believe it's not going to sell is just blatantly stupid.

Then there is how they cover the market. They should have lowered the price they low end devices like Q5 and soon Z10, they should have even allowed a loss for every phone. Getting quick market share here is extremely important when launching a new platform. That's what Microsoft did, by undercutting their phone on the expense of Nokia in order to get market share. That didn't work well though but that's because WP is crap and not because the market strategy is wrong.

The security reason is also not valid since BB allowed Indian government and some arab states to sniff on BB communication.

What is Blackberry doing really, do they want to sell phones or not?
    09-25-13 08:37 AM
    If I remember correctly, one of the Z30 variants is targeted at China's TD-CDMA network. But still, at least they haven't thrown in the towel like they did with Japan.

Posted via CB10
    LuisCast likes this.
    09-25-13 08:44 AM
    China is where the game is currently at. Apple saw this and jumped on it with the 5C.

BlackBerry needs to rethink their strategy and start investing outside the US just like Peugeot and Opel have done in the past.

Sent from my Motorola Startac
    LuisCast likes this.
    09-26-13 10:48 PM
    Even if Blackberry make the jump to China it wont be good...simply becoz of the chinese goverment privacy policies.....they allow android and iphone there becoz this 2 platform are not high secured platform like bb....would u like bb to take the risk lowering the most effective security feature just for the stock price sake??? for me my privacy matter more than stock price
    LuisCast likes this.
    10-01-13 10:01 PM
    Actually, the really sad thing is you CAN'T blame the Chinese government for this one. I know given their track record you'd expect them to have been the problem but they were all for bringing BlackBerry to China actually.

BlackBerry was close to a joint venture in China, but the plan came to nothing
    10-01-13 11:18 PM
    China is the biggest market out there. Why not bring the bbos7 there..

Posted via CB10
    LuisCast likes this.
    10-02-13 05:42 PM
    I was in Beijing this past May 2013 in one of their biggest malls. I saw a BlackBerry branded store there with a rack full of BB OS phones... some of which were discontinued long ago here in Canada and the US. Unfortunately there were no Z10s on display as I do not believe it was released yet at that point. The store was full of people browsing phones.

So BlackBerry does actually have a presence there, just no one is buying their phones. I'd say most of the young demographics (15-35) I saw had iPhones.

I tried to take a picture of the store with my Z10, but got yelled at by one of the staff
    10-02-13 06:16 PM
    The BIS server has been moved to China, and regulationby the Chinese government.
    Even if Blackberry make the jump to China it wont be good...simply becoz of the chinese goverment privacy policies.....they allow android and iphone there becoz this 2 platform are not high secured platform like bb....would u like bb to take the risk lowering the most effective security feature just for the stock price sake??? for me my privacy matter more than stock price
    10-03-13 11:48 AM
    If I remember correctly, one of the Z30 variants is targeted at China's TD-CDMA network. But still, at least they haven't thrown in the towel like they did with Japan.

Posted via CB10
    In September 25, I have a video to share the experience of using the z30。the natural sound is very good!
    Some of my friends work in telecom operators, they have not yet introduced z30 plan.
    In fact, the entire BlackBerry Chinese people are looking for a new way, and their future is unknown.
    10-03-13 11:55 AM
    I never quite understood why bb wanted to get into the US market so badly when the market it should have been chasing was china.
    10-03-13 11:57 AM