It's funny how people don't get this ad. It'd clearly be a precursor to other ads.

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    +1000

Second of all I dint think it was made by BlackBerry but a fan doing his own thing.

This ads does a great job of making me want to learn more, which is the purpose of the marketing. Create interest and Buzz.

Sales is another function altogether.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 10:30 AM
    Great but could've been better. I'd like to see flashes of the peek/hub, picture password, snap, multiple opened apps, shown on an lcd screen via miracast. But hey keyboard greatness was what the author decided to focus so..

I think it the video is enough to make people do their own googling to find out how un-secure other OS are.

BBQ10
    05-18-14 10:36 AM
    I do understand but at this stage, do blackberry need a precursor ad?

Kinky BlackBerry Z30STA100-2/10.3.0.296
    Absolutely... especially toward the release of 10.3.1.xxxx and their next flagship device. They need to slowly build interest. I'd even like for the first few ads not to even show the device (teasers to build buzz). Make people wonder what's going to make Apple and Samsung look like a thing of the past.

Slowly show features of the device without showing which brand it is (show the real benefits, keeping in mind that gimmicks sells products) ... then blitz with features.

I could go on and on.

Genghis2k3 likes this.
    05-18-14 10:39 AM
    Great but could've been better. I'd like to see flashes of the peek/hub, picture password, snap, multiple opened apps, shown on an lcd screen via miracast. But hey keyboard greatness was what the author decided to focus so..

I think it the video is enough to make people do their own googling to find out how un-secure other OS are.

BBQ10
    It was created by an individual, of course it could be tweaked.

I love the boldness and aggressiveness of the "ads", BlackBerry has to quit the *****-footing around.

I think JC has shown he won't take sh*t off people which is a great sign.

What you are explaining is the nuts and bolts, are you looking for a 30-min long I infomercial. What he did here makes people think, I want to know more.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 10:41 AM
    Absolutely... especially toward the release of 10.3.1.xxxx and their next flagship device. They need to slowly build interest. I'd even like for the first few ads not to even show the device (teasers to build buzz). Make people wonder what's going to make Apple and Samsung look like a thing of the past.

Slowly show features of the device without showing which brand it is (show the real benefits, keeping in mind that gimmicks sells products) ... then blitz with features.

I could go on and on.

If you put it that way then I couldn't agree more.

05-18-14 10:45 AM

Trekking.
    05-18-14 11:58 PM

Trekking.
    Oh great people copying BlackBerry again!

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 12:03 AM
    I do understand but at this stage, do blackberry need a precursor ad?

Actually the video is quite old now. It's been there around OS 10.0

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 03:39 AM
    I think they could have done more when they said how your world is an illusion. That's when they could have shown how insecure iPhones and Androids are.
    05-19-14 10:35 AM
    I think they could have done more when they said how your world is an illusion. That's when they could have shown how insecure iPhones and Androids are.
    Who do you mean by "they"?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 11:47 AM
    I'm loving it :-)

Posted via CB using BlackBerry Z10
    05-19-14 12:14 PM
    Needs more Evil.
    05-19-14 03:15 PM
    Love it!
    05-19-14 03:33 PM
    Great post OP. That's they way I feel every time I pull out my BlackBerry in public. I've never been ashamed, always proud to be different than the techno zombies that buy any Samsung phone a salesperson puts under their nose, or the lemmings that gather at the Apples store.
    05-19-14 06:35 PM
    I have no idea what made me click on that link as I usually skip things like this...but wow...that fan made ad was pretty good!

Did that fill anyone else with a sense of pride? I couldn't help but feel this had a certain movie trailer type story line about it; how the antagonist seems all powerful and infallible until the protagonist swoops in from above.
    05-19-14 07:09 PM
    I'm sorry and I mean no offense to the person who made it, but that video does not make me want to rush out and buy a BlackBerry in any way. It's almost admitting 'Hey, we sucked for a bit but we're trying to make a come back, please roll with it.' Benedict was good though.
    shorski and OneArseneWenger like this.
    05-19-14 08:41 PM
    Oh great people copying BlackBerry again!

Posted via CB10
    First they copied email... then the keyboard. Then this.
    05-19-14 09:20 PM
    I'm sorry and I mean no offense to the person who made it, but that video does not make me want to rush out and buy a BlackBerry in any way. It's almost admitting 'Hey, we sucked for a bit but we're trying to make a come back, please roll with it.' Benedict was good though.
    Isn't that the reality?

05-20-14 06:34 AM
    Better than the non existing videos that Blackberry isn't putting out to the masses

Posted via CB10
    Smitty13 likes this.
    05-20-14 08:12 AM
    Kind of like Star Trek?

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 12:11 PM
    Isn't that the reality?

Ha!
    05-20-14 04:59 PM
    Better than the non existing videos that Blackberry isn't putting out to the masses

Posted via CB10

^ Both uploaded in the past two days with the first actually airing in Canada on a pretty regular basis, especially during hockey. Just because you might not see the ads in the US, doesn't mean there's not ads anywhere else. Indosat has their own Z3 ad running as well.

Could they be doing better? Sure, always. But to say it's non-existent is inaccurate. It's just non-existent in your region seemingly.
    05-20-14 05:01 PM
47 12