Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Thumbs up Blackberry Replaces Android as the number two mobile OS in Canada

I was shocked to see the dramatic jump in Blackberry mobile operating systems in Canada in the
    last seven days. Blackberry OS systems have increased from third place at 8% StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share to oust android from the number two spot and is standing over 27% market share today: StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share. Good for
    Blackberry. In the United kingdom the Blackberry Mobile operating system is approaching 20%
    Thanked by 15:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    Bobcat665 (06-19-2013),  ArmedHitman (06-17-2013),  DJRikko (06-17-2013),  elGuapoTorres (06-18-2013),  Gnomesane (06-17-2013),  Grumblegrumble (06-16-2013),  k3vtruj (06-16-2013),  maddie1128 (06-17-2013),  nathfren (06-16-2013),  Oscar_E (06-17-2013),  rampagingpanda (06-18-2013),  rngeek (06-20-2013),  RoboticGolem (06-17-2013),  tryfe (06-16-2013),  world traveler and former ceo (06-17-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,848 Global Posts

Wow

Posted via CB10
    If God can walk on water and Chuck Norris can swim on land, then you don't want to know what my Z10 can do.
    CrackBerry Addict

Love it. Go BlackBerry!!!

Posted via CB10
    Posted from my Gorgeous Z30
    hobbyboy#CB likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    950 Global Posts

I'm not sure if i believe this... I want to but when I look around, most of my buddies are iPhone and such. maybe it's just my city.

But keep on going BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Could it be that the browser on BB10 is so good that BlackBerry users browse more than Android users?

"Other" beats Window phones?

Someone please send these stats to Netflix CTO.
    redsaph and JamesPtheNerd like this.
    CrackBerry Master

Is anyone else seeing android at #2 from the link?

Posted via CB10
    Sorta Kinda Bento Lunch - Channel for easy lunch ideas! C001A8DC6
    Browsing from your BlackBerry? Click Here to Join!
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

This thread brought a tear to my eye
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    PIN
    23339D2E

What are you saying? Are they comparing BlackBerry 10 along with legacy BlackBerry OS versus ALL Android powered devices? I know that every little bit counts, but if this is just about Internet usage I don't know if I'm impressed. Unit sales will impress me.

Thanks for the post.
    @BruvvaPete
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by emstardeluxe View Post

Posted via CB10
    First link is June 9 to 15th (android #2) and second link is June 16th (bb #2). That's what I see but not sure how reliable that is. Hope it's dead on. Love seeing that.

Posted via CB10
    Sent from my Z30
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by EnchantedBB View Post
    Could it be that the browser on BB10 is so good that BlackBerry users browse more than Android users?
    No...

It's due to the fact that Blackberry users HAVE to use mobile websites as apps are not available, example:

iPhone & Android users have Banking apps.
    Blackberry10 users do not, so must use the browser which displays the mobile version.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,848 Global Posts

Posted via CB10
    Check the other link

Posted via CB10
    If God can walk on water and Chuck Norris can swim on land, then you don't want to know what my Z10 can do.
    CrackBerry User

Sorry, but you can't compare a one day period (maybe including unfinished data) with a week period...
    Set it from just Sunday to Saturday and Sunday and you'll see different data.

Posted via CB10
    mikeo007 and richardat like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    PIN
    23339D2E

Posted via CB10
    The OP posted two links. The first showed stats before. The second showed stats after.
    @BruvvaPete
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    PIN
    23339D2E

Quote Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
    Sorry, but you can't compare a one day period (maybe inclusing unfinished data) with a week period...
    Set it from just Sunday to Saturday and Sunday and you'll see different data.

Posted via CB10
    True this. I compared 2012 versus 2013 and BlackBerry is still a close third.

*edit*. That comparison I did was for Canada only. World wide BlackBerry is still getting slaughtered.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by mr_zed10 View Post
    No...

It's due to the fact that Blackberry users HAVE to use mobile websites as apps are not available, example:

Blackberry10 users do not, so must use the browser which displays the mobile version.
    Could be but if the browser is not good, the uptake would not be this huge. Besides, many technical savvy users already know how to sideload many apps "properly" using xascha's method.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CB Forums mobile app
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    ask

if its true.....its well deserved
    CrackBerry Master

Thanks to all suggesting to check both links.. thought I had but I guess I must have clicked the first one twice

Obviously I need more coffee.

Posted via CB10
    Sorta Kinda Bento Lunch - Channel for easy lunch ideas! C001A8DC6
    Browsing from your BlackBerry? Click Here to Join!
    CrackBerry User

Also the day is not finished yet. So the site is still collecting data. Just compare Saturday with Sunday. Saturday is finished, Sunday not yet. To get good data always select days which are finished all around the world already.

If you'll check back tomorrow, the data from link two will look exactly like the data from link one (or if you set to Saturday manually). Usage share doesn't change that fast.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

No...

That's a bit of an exaggeration, we don't have all banks yet, but we do have...
    TD
    CIBC
    SCOTIA BANK
    PC FINANCIAL
    ING DIRECT
    Just missing RBC and BMO.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

No...

Really? I use the TD app for BB10.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by zeeten View Post
    That's a bit of an exaggeration, we don't have all banks yet, but we do have...
    TD
    CIBC
    SCOTIA BANK
    PC FINANCIAL
    ING DIRECT
    Just missing RBC and BMO.

Posted via CB10
    Truth is...
    I'm a little bitter as the only native banking apps I have are on my 9900, none for my Z10 (from the UK), so I HAVE to use the browser.
    The eBay (android) app is terrible, so I'm forced to use the web browser
    The wordpress app is rubbish, so again... browser for me.

The banking was an example though, not to be taken as the core reason.

The statistics may not be an exact science from the OP's point, but nevertheless it's good to see a positive gain as oppose to a decline, I wonder as the graph shows "Blackberry OS", if this is to do with legacy OS heavily as BB10 devices are out, the older models are going for peanuts to clear stock thus contributing to the marketshare of BB as a whole?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,141 Global Posts

Honesty, 90% of the time I use website as opposed to apps, simply because LTE is awesome and everything runs buttery smooth. Most of the time browser works better than apps do.
    Samsung Flip Phone (Busted)- >Another Samsung Flip (Tossed Into Camp Fire)- >BB Curve 8300 (Sold)- >HTC Dream (Cracked Screen)- >BB Curve 8900 (Been Through Hell, Still Kicking)- >Samsung Omnia 2 (Sold) BB Torch 9800 (Sold)- >BB Curve 9300 (Water Damaged)- >BB Storm (Clicker Broke)- >BB Playbook 16BG (Still Own)- >BB Torch 9810 (Alarm Clock)- >LG Optimus One (Gifted)- >BB Bold 9900 (Bricked and Never Came Back)- >BB Zed10 (Retired)- >BB Q5 (Girlfriends)- >BB Z30 (Currently Using)
    CrackBerry Abuser

It's good news for sure ... but I did poke around a few other countries (France, Beglium) and the stats don't look great at all for us..
    CrackBerry Master

Good news, but take these stats with a dozen grains of salt:

• Many mobile browsers fool sites into thinking they are iPhones so they'll get a decent mobile version of the site;
    • Users on platforms with many apps tend to prefer the app to the browser, and app usage is not included in these stats;
    • BB users are especially active browsers/downloaders on Sunday, much more so than IOS and Android users who spread their activity more throughout the week;
    • The Statcounter network is hardly representative of the web. It tends to be used on personal hobby sites, where professional sites would more likely use Google Analytics;
    • The stats don't give sample sizes, so we have no idea if this is 10 users or 10 million;
    • ... I could go on...
    ORBIT for BB10 - The World In Your Pocket - World, Time, Weather in spectacular 3D. Demo on our site!

Files & Folders
    for PlayBook and BB10: a powerful unified file, folder & cloud manager and media streamer with integrated SkyDrive, Google Docs, Google Drive, SugarSync, Dropbox, Box, thumbnails and more - Free 3-day trial! - Voted Best New BlackBerry App
    Thanked by:
    LazyEvul (06-16-2013) 
    mikeo007 and LazyEvul like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    24F19D14

Quote Originally Posted by md03wx View Post
    It's good news for sure ... but I did poke around a few other countries (France, Beglium) and the stats don't look great at all for us..
    Strange, i'm from belgium en went to some shops to ask about bb10 and sales.
    They said the sales went fine (first 2 weeks after launch it wasn't, but now they are good).

Maybe they lied to me.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast