Here's the vid :

BlackBerry Z10 Support - How To Demo BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone Help 101

Here are the questions :

1) It mentions syncing to Outlook, but now how or which Outlook it syncs to (desktop version without Exchange vs Outlook.com) - any idea as to which one(s) it syncs to, and how?

2) It mentions you can Tag the Task entries - do these correspond to desktop Outlook's "Categories", and if they do, will they sync along with the Task?

TIA - R.
    02-04-13 07:54 PM
    On no1 I believe it syncs with the email service setup on your phone - so my exchange account tasks are there. I would assume Outlook.com's tasks would also sync there (I haven't set my outlook.com account up as i don't use it). There is no wired sync for any of the PIM apps and the outlook desktop client directly.

I'm not sure on no2.
    02-05-13 12:04 AM
    Here's the vid :

BlackBerry Z10 Support - How To Demo BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone Help 101

Here are the questions :

1) It mentions syncing to Outlook, but now how or which Outlook it syncs to (desktop version without Exchange vs Outlook.com) - any idea as to which one(s) it syncs to, and how?
    Yeah, saw that. I don't have a BB10 or BlackBerry link desktop manager yet, but it seems Link doesn't sync with Outlook desktop, so they must mean Exchange and/or syncing to an Outlook account.

2) It mentions you can Tag the Task entries - do these correspond to desktop Outlook's "Categories", and if they do, will they sync along with the Task?
    No, I believe Tags work like Tags in Evernote, it's assigning an easily searchable word to a note, task, to-do, ect. I don't think Remember uses the old BBOS categories anymore, you can assign folder colors (which I guess would sync to Outlooks color categories) or use tags to easily find something.

More speculation from me, I would love to know about this stuff as I have a ton of Tasks and Memos on my current BB. It sounds like I'm going to have to go through all my Tasks and Memos and re-assign Folders, colors and tags to make them easily searchable in BB10.
    02-05-13 05:21 AM