I understand what you mean, and that you prefer the files to be accessible at other devices/websites. I don't use many other devices and don't need my files/contacts anywhere else than my BlackBerry. For you, cloud sync is the way to go while I prefer no other sources to have my information. Matter if preferences I guess.

But because that isn't possibility anymore I do need to sync to be sure to back up everything, unfortunately. I'm probably going to get used to it over time.

Posted via CB10
    And I too get that. The problem BlackBerry faced is that the OS and devices that provided that kind of service weren't selling, were beginning to shed user base when BB10 was released, and faced more and more critizism. The problem is that many of the features that people are complaining about loosing depend on the technology that was responsible for sales sagging. When they couldn't use BBx they decided to use BB10, skipping over 8 and 9, as an indication how different BB10 would be from BBOS 7. You really should think of BB10 and BBOS 7 as competative products. There is probably a greater difference between BB10 and BBOS 7 than there is between BB10 and iOS, or BB10 and Android. The good news is that BBOS 7 products are still available. If the features available from BBOS 7 are more important to you than the features available from BB10, maybe that is really the phone for you. Same decision really as iPhone vs Android vs Windows Phone vs BlackBerry. I think BlackBerry understands this, they just announced free apps for users who upgrade to BBOS 7.1, so they aren't prepared to walk away from that product line just yet. I'm sure they don't expect to sell many units, but the development has already been done so they don't have to sell many to make a profit at it.

There have been posts in other threads to the effect of using BB10 style hardware to run BBOS7.1 like a super 9900. The problem is that probably wouldn't be a profitable product line.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-22-13 10:15 PM
    I never had BlackBerry OS 7, my Torch had OS 6 installed. Therefor I cannot compare the way you do. However I do love the new system, but missing some key futures which made me trust my phone so much is difficult. I'm sure I don't want to downgrade but can understand that others would want to. A friend of mine is buying a curve because that's her favourite phone. (it was stolen but she's buying another one) I still hope blackberry will offer something similar in the future, until that happens I will never say I'm disappointed. This is definitely the best device out there at this moment, beating other platforms as well and it can only get better. I'll join the Jam Zone just to give my piece of mind, let's see where it gets me

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 04:33 AM
    They may add features to Protect on BB10. The BIS server complex made it easy to do for BBOS devices. For BB10 they will have to create the service and decide how they are going to pay for/monetize it. I was wondering how they were going to pay for the cost of providing BBM for BB10 since they don't get funding from the carrier billing any more. Turns out that Channels and a wider audience (cross platform) is the answer. If that works we may see more BlackBerry hosted cloud services, or maybe even cross platform BlackBerry Push services.

BTW 7.1 is really just 6 with better touch support and NFC capability.
    kimoi likes this.
    05-23-13 08:20 AM
28 12