Because he didn't actually ask a question or even ask for help. He just moaned about problems he is having and claimed that it is fact and it applies to the whole ecosystem.

Our responses are valid. Get off your high horse.

Mmm...CB10! Just the tip though...
    From my understanding there are a lot of unnecessary remarks and comments

Very childish behavior from a few on here lol

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 08:14 AM
    You're being condescending towards someone who gave a relevant suggestion. Loose batteries can cause reboots in a device.

Now you're the a*s...

There was clear sarcasm behind the loose battery comment.

So I suggest you get off YOUR high horse and watch your foul mouth, it ain't attractive.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 08:17 AM
    Make sure your battery isn't loose

Posted via CB10
    I've already put some paper between the battery and cover. The problem is, as discussed in multiple threads, the battery never -seems- loose in anyone's phone. It isn't noticeably insecure. Adding business cards behind and in front of the battery as a fix... is it a placebo? Is there a real issue? And frankly, is it a fire hazard which could void one's warranty? I'll keep trying to cram more stuff in there and rig a trial-and-error fix, but my point very much still stands. I really shouldn't have to perform questionable experiments to get my phone to operate reliably. Before I get too attacked, my work background includes phone QA, years of software and hardware IT troubleshooting/support, and writing DIY tech guides. I'm not quite a clueless noob who doesn't know how to care for or use his device.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 08:56 AM
    Couldn't agree any less!

Posted via CB10
    May I ask about what, and why? Not trying to flame, truly just want to understand.

If you mean to say that you've had no problems personally, and your phone works perfectly- that's awesome. I'm happy for you (seriously, no sarcasm there- I'm even jealous). Unfortunately I'm not experiencing the same thing. Not because I abuse my device, dropped it, exposed it to moisture, am running half a dozen things at once, trying headless Android apps, have twenty BBM groups... none of that. Very pristine, clean device here (software and hardware) that doesn't operate reliably. By the amount of "my device reboots!" posts, I'd hazard to say there's a real issue here, even if it's in the minority. I understand how it feels to have a great-working device and love it. I understand seeing others' complaints and thinking, I wonder what they did to their poor phone? I get that, but this is not that case.

If you mean to say that you would really rather have your device reboot at random times instead of times you choose... well, that I can't understand. In the IT world, we schedule server maintenance. If a mission-critical machine randomly reboots, it has a flaw that must be fixed. Generally slowdown or glitches occur with almost any software- I can forgive that. I can't forgive inconsistent, unreliable, difficult or impossible to diagnose and repair cellphones. I wouldn't use WindowsME on my laptop for that reason. Why would I accept it from my communication tool?

And what about businesses? Is it acceptable to tell one's boss, So sorry, my phone decided to reboot again. I'm going to be unavailable for three minute periods randomly throughout the day, hope that isn't an issue...?

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 09:11 AM
    May I ask about what, and why? Not trying to flame, truly just want to understand.

If you mean to say that you've had no problems personally, and your phone works perfectly- that's awesome. I'm happy for you (seriously, no sarcasm there- I'm even jealous). Unfortunately I'm not experiencing the same thing. Not because I abuse my device, dropped it, exposed it to moisture, am running half a dozen things at once, trying headless Android apps, have twenty BBM groups... none of that. Very pristine, clean device here (software and hardware) that doesn't operate reliably. By the amount of "my device reboots!" posts, I'd hazard to say there's a real issue here, even if it's in the minority. I understand how it feels to have a great-working device and love it. I understand seeing others' complaints and thinking, I wonder what they did to their poor phone? I get that, but this is not that case.

If you mean to say that you would really rather have your device reboot at random times instead of times you choose... well, that I can't understand. In the IT world, we schedule server maintenance. If a mission-critical machine randomly reboots, it has a flaw that must be fixed. Generally slowdown or glitches occur with almost any software- I can forgive that. I can't forgive inconsistent, unreliable, difficult or impossible to diagnose and repair cellphones. I wouldn't use WindowsME on my laptop for that reason. Why would I accept it from my communication tool?

And what about businesses? Is it acceptable to tell one's boss, So sorry, my phone decided to reboot again. I'm going to be unavailable for three minute periods randomly throughout the day, hope that isn't an issue...?

Posted via CB10
    I'm having problems myself mate with poor battery life and random reboots

I am running the latest official 1925 OS and my phone is brand new lol

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 09:30 AM
    I've already put some paper between the battery and cover. The problem is, as discussed in multiple threads, the battery never -seems- loose in anyone's phone. It isn't noticeably insecure. Adding business cards behind and in front of the battery as a fix... is it a placebo? Is there a real issue? And frankly, is it a fire hazard which could void one's warranty? I'll keep trying to cram more stuff in there and rig a trial-and-error fix, but my point very much still stands. I really shouldn't have to perform questionable experiments to get my phone to operate reliably. Before I get too attacked, my work background includes phone QA, years of software and hardware IT troubleshooting/support, and writing DIY tech guides. I'm not quite a clueless noob who doesn't know how to care for or use his device.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry you are having issues with your device, this is not the norm but the exception. Sounds like you may need to go back to you retailer and demand a repair or replacement, perfection doesn't exist in any product. I've been having issues with my car, had the same part replaced twice in a single year, the latest part has been revised which I hope will fix the issue permanently. What I didn't do is go on the Web and complain about it, instead I got help from where I bought it. The OP appears to have written a rant rather than approach his or her issue with the intent for a solution, and to many here, including myself, makes people angry. Most don't approach a problem in such a manner unless.....you know.

Z30 on 10.2.1.537 in Canada
    02-11-14 09:42 AM
    No, mate...thread title should be "I'm having issues with my Phone - Please Help". This isn't about the actual OS released by BlackBerry...it is about the issues he has on his own phone.

There is nothing BlackBerry can do about this other than arrange a replacement or provide steps on reinstalling his phone.

That would've been nice, cause I usually skip threads with such a general title at all.
    On the other hand, using the forum search (cause there are plenty of threads concerning exactly those issues) would've been nice too!
    Nharzhool likes this.
    02-11-14 09:46 AM
    Sorry you are having issues with your device, this is not the norm but the exception. Sounds like you may need to go back to you retailer and demand a repair or replacement, perfection doesn't exist in any product. I've been having issues with my car, had the same part replaced twice in a single year, the latest part has been revised which I hope will fix the issue permanently. What I didn't do is go on the Web and complain about it, instead I got help from where I bought it. The OP appears to have written a rant rather than approach his or her issue with the intent for a solution, and to many here, including myself, makes people angry. Most don't approach a problem in such a manner unless.....you know.

Ah, but here's where I know the system.

There's a fairly active thread right now in the Q10 forum about this exact issue. It's generally accepted that a lot of this model is afflicted with the "loose battery" issue. So, you say we should all shut up and take it back to our retailer. Your car analogy showed that you think it'll be resolved. Unfortunately a phone is not a car. For that comparison to work, the Verizon rep would have to be considered the mechanic. I've worked that gig, so let me tell you what will happen: I'll go in, clearly explain the problem to an underpaid, ignorant representative whose job is to sell phones. Likely he's rather unfamiliar with BlackBerry devices, and will look in his troubleshooting docs if he cares to make a real attempt at all. No offense, but I know more than this guy. He'll ask how to recreate the problem, do a battery pull, and say "Well, sometimes they just need to be restarted." If I push the issue, he'll grudgingly suggest a software wipe, blaming whatever apps I have on it. If I follow his useless steps and keep coming back in b*tching, MAYBE I'll get a refurbished replacement just to shut me up- though likely not, as they can't recreate / verify the issue. So instead of the brand new device I paid for, the best I can hope for is a pot-luck trade-in of a used phone which likely got sent back to the manufacturer for this same damn issue. Why do you think people who have to return their phone often go through multiple replacements? Not all of them are nitpicky, bad customers. Some are frustrated people like me, who forked out hundreds of dollars and justifiably expect their device to not have an inherent day-one design defect.

Before you think I'm just being pessimistic, I've also worked in phone QA. There's a series of standard tests, rather basic, to ensure all basic functions perform within acceptable margins. This type of reboot issue would NOT show up in that scenario. My phone works beautifully... 99% of the time. It's real-world use and time that triggers the flaw. Any phone like mine which gets returned for a "non-recreatable customer complaint" gets reset, shined up, tested as described above, and sent right back out. For a growing minority issue such as this, it creates its own problem, making frustrated customers angrier and hopeless until they finally 1) Win the trade-in pool lotto and get a 'good' one. 2) Run out of allowed trade-ins. 3) Give up and switch to an iPhone or Android- which have their own problems, but at least don't spontaneously reboot.

To avoid that time-wasting, unproductive cycle, us customers turn to the mecca of BlackBerry discussion, CrackBerry. Hint: That's what this place is FOR- sharing opinions, groupthink fixes, and having a voice SOMEwhere when the usual process chain is ineffective / uncaring / ignorant. Granted, some of the crowd here is the ignorant "My phone sucks because it doesn't match my exact expectations!" people. But many people here are very kind, knowledgeable, and helpful. Even filtering the 'noise', CB in general has TONS more hands-on, real world experience than your average carrier service rep. If rebooting phones were actually like a car with a bad part, we'd have our choice of mechanics besides raising a stink at the dealership. For my Q10, I must be my own mechanic, cutting up pieces of cardboard and shoving them in the battery casing in hopes of achieving the ability to pick up or put down my phone without it continually going into a coma. Weeks of swapping my new phone out for used ones with the same design issue, hoping to get a stable one... or home remedies we cook up here on the forums? Being a techie, I'll try the DYI stuff first. And it's totally valid and understandable to express my frustration at the build quality / design / whatever that forces me to suffer in this regard. If BlackBerry offered a recall, replacement batteries / battery doors, or provided a technician that was familiar with this issue and could repair it- even at a cost! -then I'd get off my soapbox.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 11:04 AM
    This thread needs to be closed. It is nothing more than a personal venting session. What folk need is a Therapist.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt, endevour and deptech like this.
    02-11-14 11:25 AM
    Ah, but here's where I know the system.

There's a fairly active thread right now in the Q10 forum about this exact issue. It's generally accepted that a lot of this model is afflicted with the "loose battery" issue. So, you say we should all shut up and take it back to our retailer. Your car analogy showed that you think it'll be resolved. Unfortunately a phone is not a car. For that comparison to work, the Verizon rep would have to be considered the mechanic. I've worked that gig, so let me tell you what will happen: I'll go in, clearly explain the problem to an underpaid, ignorant representative whose job is to sell phones. Likely he's rather unfamiliar with BlackBerry devices, and will look in his troubleshooting docs if he cares to make a real attempt at all. No offense, but I know more than this guy. He'll ask how to recreate the problem, do a battery pull, and say "Well, sometimes they just need to be restarted." If I push the issue, he'll grudgingly suggest a software wipe, blaming whatever apps I have on it. If I follow his useless steps and keep coming back in b*tching, MAYBE I'll get a refurbished replacement just to shut me up- though likely not, as they can't recreate / verify the issue. So instead of the brand new device I paid for, the best I can hope for is a pot-luck trade-in of a used phone which likely got sent back to the manufacturer for this same damn issue. Why do you think people who have to return their phone often go through multiple replacements? Not all of them are nitpicky, bad customers. Some are frustrated people like me, who forked out hundreds of dollars and justifiably expect their device to not have an inherent day-one design defect.

Before you think I'm just being pessimistic, I've also worked in phone QA. There's a series of standard tests, rather basic, to ensure all basic functions perform within acceptable margins. This type of reboot issue would NOT show up in that scenario. My phone works beautifully... 99% of the time. It's real-world use and time that triggers the flaw. Any phone like mine which gets returned for a "non-recreatable customer complaint" gets reset, shined up, tested as described above, and sent right back out. For a growing minority issue such as this, it creates its own problem, making frustrated customers angrier and hopeless until they finally 1) Win the trade-in pool lotto and get a 'good' one. 2) Run out of allowed trade-ins. 3) Give up and switch to an iPhone or Android- which have their own problems, but at least don't spontaneously reboot.

To avoid that time-wasting, unproductive cycle, us customers turn to the mecca of BlackBerry discussion, CrackBerry. Hint: That's what this place is FOR- sharing opinions, groupthink fixes, and having a voice SOMEwhere when the usual process chain is ineffective / uncaring / ignorant. Granted, some of the crowd here is the ignorant "My phone sucks because it doesn't match my exact expectations!" people. But many people here are very kind, knowledgeable, and helpful. Even filtering the 'noise', CB in general has TONS more hands-on, real world experience than your average carrier service rep. If rebooting phones were actually like a car with a bad part, we'd have our choice of mechanics besides raising a stink at the dealership. For my Q10, I must be my own mechanic, cutting up pieces of cardboard and shoving them in the battery casing in hopes of achieving the ability to pick up or put down my phone without it continually going into a coma. Weeks of swapping my new phone out for used ones with the same design issue, hoping to get a stable one... or home remedies we cook up here on the forums? Being a techie, I'll try the DYI stuff first. And it's totally valid and understandable to express my frustration at the build quality / design / whatever that forces me to suffer in this regard. If BlackBerry offered a recall, replacement batteries / battery doors, or provided a technician that was familiar with this issue and could repair it- even at a cost! -then I'd get off my soapbox.

Posted via CB10
    It seems like you may have a Hardware issue, and the typical approach to this type of problem is take it back to your retailer, if you choose not to do that because you feel that is not the answer or approach you would like to take, that's fine too, that's your choice. I sincerely hope you find a solution to your problem.

02-11-14 11:34 AM

So I suggest you get off YOUR high horse and watch your foul mouth, it ain't attractive.

Posted via CB10
    The loose battery comment was sarcasm free, I think they let bad Q10's pass through made crappy in Mexico. I went through 3 at Sprint store to get one I felt wasn't refurbished!!

Posted via CB10
    Nharzhool likes this.
    02-11-14 12:46 PM
    When I shook the first one, I felt the battery move back and forth. I said, give me another one now.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 12:48 PM
    Second one, space bar sunk in one first sentence and didn't come back up, I said give me another one

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 12:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    I can't...I'm stapled to my horse and I live in South Africa where we use offensive words as punctuation...like the Aussies do.

Besides...there was no sarcasm in "make sure your battery isn't loose" - that's a legitimately helpful comment, like "make sure your brake pads aren't worn" or "make sure the fuse isn't blown".

Just relax, man. You're actually being ridiculous.

The OP was being insane and you're coming on here with issues and whining as well instead of trying to actually get help. That's why you're getting these reactions.

I'm actually embarrassed for you...I do genuinely hope you come right with your device though. I know how frustrating it is to have problems with a device. For instance: Mine doesn't read SD Cards. It is a hardware fault and I need to return it. No whining...I just accepted that sometimes s**t hits the fan with hardware and I get a lemon, so I must just return it. That's all...no claiming that BlackBerry is making an unreliable OS or anything like that.

02-11-14 07:01 PM
    And that was meant to be helpful?!

Posted via CB10
    Yes, because loose battery has been the culprit in most situations

BlackBerry Since 2006. Rogers Halifax, NS - Official 10.2.1
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-14-14 06:15 AM
    Just would like to share my thoughts on how much of a let OS 10.2.1.1925 has been.

Fair enough there are some nice new features however there is no reliability with BlackBerry 10 OS!

Nice new polished features and tricks up its sleeve and then there's a catch a compromise of some sort. E.g. Disgraceful battery life, calls dropping, random reboots etc

I wish it just worked rather than having to load leaks and leaked radio files which brick your phone and what not.

Why are apple and android so successful? Nothing to do with the hardware; it's because their OS actually performs and works and is also released on time!

BlackBerry please pull your finger out and invest some real money into making a reliable OS!

I have been loyal to BlackBerry and continue to be but it would be nice for things to simply work.

Rant over.

Posted via CB10
    The problems you describe are hardware related and BlackBerry isn't alone when it comes to poor battery life just ask anyone who uses an IPhone. Ever since cell phone manufacturers decided to integrate antennas into their phones as a trade off for better aesthetics radio reception has suffered. As you may or may not know when your in an area with poor reception such as an older building with thick cement walls what happens is your signal begins to degrade which causes the radio software to increase the antennas power consumption to find a better signal if you are in an area with poor to no signal the radio will just keep on searching for a better signal which causes your phone to heat up as the battery is being drained at such a fast pace, this is how the majority of "My phone heated up and My battery died" complaints come from. Secondly battery technology has not caught up with the reality that we are carrying a portable computer in our pockets the require large amounts of energy to run. BlackBerry has tried to counter this industry wide problem with the purchase of Paratek which you can see in the Z30. As well as using hardware that uses less power AMOLED screen larger battery etc. As for OS reliability you claim IOS and Android work properly? Just visit Android central and Imore forums to find out each OS has its unique problems and or glitches.

Z10 Running 10.2.1.1925 Take that Mr App Gap!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-14-14 09:22 AM
    Just because something is happening to your phone doesn't mean it's doing the same for others... it's kinda annoying when someone with problems makes a blanket statement saying the "OS isn't reliable"

Psh... whatever.. get that junk outta here... how dare you make a statement like that... USER ERROR... that's all
    02-14-14 10:10 AM
    Maybe you have defective phone. If you are under warranty, try and exchange it.
    Maybe the OS is not superb in your opinion but other people will beg to differ because their experiences have been good. Just curious, what's your definition of "superb OS". What are you using as your benchmark?
    I bought my phone in India. And now I'm back in London I found out I can NOT send it in for repairs (it's 6months old) nor can I even get tech support unless I go back to the store I got it from.

The double letter typing seems to be a problem with lots of other ppl (ssearch for the thread).

I think a suburb OS is one that works and does what it is meant to do fundamentally.

1. Sennd/recieve emails (the Gmail bug is not isolated to me, it is something BlackBerry knows about)
    2. Keyboard work
    3 battery not get drained

As a side point. They should offer better customer support. I would benchmark the support to Apple.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 12:23 PM
    I bought my phone in India. And now I'm back in London I found out I can NOT send it in for repairs (it's 6months old) nor can I even get tech support unless I go back to the store I got it from.

The double letter typing seems to be a problem with lots of other ppl (ssearch for the thread).

I think a suburb OS is one that works and does what it is meant to do fundamentally.

1. Sennd/recieve emails (the Gmail bug is not isolated to me, it is something BlackBerry knows about)
    2. Keyboard work
    3 battery not get drained

As a side point. They should offer better customer support. I would benchmark the support to Apple.

Posted via CB10
    I agree that BlackBerry should offer better Customer Service Support. Hopefully under John Chen's leadership we will begin to see emphasis on customer service.
    However, I have owned both the Z10 & 30 from their respective launch date here in Canada and I can tell you that I have been happy with my phones except that I had a one time issue with my Z10, six weeks after purchase, and I sent it back for repair. I often load leaked OS on my phones but I always manually load back everything on my phone. Although I always back up my phones before each download but I always shy away from reloading my back ups.
    Finally, ironically, we both don't share the same experiences with BB10. Most of the friends I know do not have issues with their BB10 phones. Also most people who are content with their BB10 phones don't come on these forums. So you can't use your observations on these forums as an absolute yardstick to measure contentment of BB10 phones. The good news is that BlackBerry is working hard to improve the BB10 experience.
    02-14-14 02:14 PM
    I agree that BlackBerry should offer better Customer Service Support. Hopefully under John Chen's leadership we will begin to see emphasis on customer service.
    However, I have owned both the Z10 & 30 from their respective launch date here in Canada and I can tell you that I have been happy with my phones except that I had a one time issue with my Z10, six weeks after purchase, and I sent it back for repair. I often load leaked OS on my phones but I always manually load back everything on my phone. Although I always back up my phones before each download but I always shy away from reloading my back ups.
    Finally, ironically, we both don't share the same experiences with BB10. Most of the friends I know do not have issues with their BB10 phones. Also most people who are content with their BB10 phones don't come on these forums. So you can't use your observations on these forums as an absolute yardstick to measure contentment of BB10 phones. The good news is that BlackBerry is working hard to improve the BB10 experience.
    If u can give me the phone number or email address for BlackBerry support I'd be happy to contact them. Even just to go through some troubleshooting steps. At the moment I have ZERO support from BlackBerry. Apart from google/forums. After paying �450 for this phoone that's ridiculous. Flying back to india just to get my phone looked at Is not an option, nor should it be.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 05:02 PM
    Lol @ the html tags

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 05:02 PM
171 ... 567