Now Windows is coming with Windows 10 and BlackBerry has also 10 it might be an Idea to lauch OS 11. It should be an relaunch.

The best part is they can advertise with Android Runtime Support and get the OS on the map, also it would be wise to get one or two hardware brands using there OS also, I thinking about Sony, Samsung and HTC. I also think it would be clever to get a 8 inch tablet with front speakers and with the same specs like the Leap.

I see advertisings like BBOS 11 is like 1+1 with phone and tablet or with phone and laptop etc. or just mention the new OS. Get QNX/Blackberry in front from outer space and moving to plane and in the car (FORD) with a BlackBerry phone with new OS 11. With Android runtime support .

Still lot op people thinking that BB10 is like BBOS 6 and many people BlackBerry is allready gone from the Market?
    05-02-15 04:34 AM
    Blackberry is not in the business of advertising, it could launch bb11 and only crackberry users would know about it.

Bb10 is still a work in progress I don't think they are ready for the next stage.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 05:13 AM
    They can't even get 10.3 out to the masses and you are talking about OS11 wtf

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 10:14 AM
    I doubt that the current generation of BlackBerry phones with the exception of Passport and Rio will see 11.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 10:41 AM
    OP always have great ideas and respect due always.. before people jump on here with wise head responses it's always good to check background on OP. Nothing wrong with what was suggested and nothing can be lost from brainstorming ideas like that...

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 06:17 PM
    Why not just skip it and go to OS12? That's thinking outside of the box. Nobody will see that coming.

Come to think of it....nobody will see it anyway because BB fired everyone that has any connection to marketing except their twitter team.
    05-02-15 06:44 PM
    While I think you may have a valid point, I actually spoke to a friend yesterday and told him about the new BlackBerry Slider coming in October. The first thing he told me was

Who is funding the phone? Isn't BlackBerry bankrupt?
    The have to upgrade their OS because it's very old and requires a track pad.

So the average person out there still thinks BlackBerry is running BBOS7 and doesn't realize BlackBerry 10 has been out for ages. So I would say Stick with BlackBerry 10 and do small increments until 10.9 or something, then upgrade to 11.

First need to get the population to learn about 10 before we move to 11

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    05-03-15 06:11 AM
    Now Windows is coming with Windows 10 and BlackBerry has also 10 it might be an Idea to lauch OS 11. It should be an relaunch.

The best part is they can advertise with Android Runtime Support and get the OS on the map, also it would be wise to get one or two hardware brands using there OS also, I thinking about Sony, Samsung and HTC. I also think it would be clever to get a 8 inch tablet with front speakers and with the same specs like the Leap.

I see advertisings like BBOS 11 is like 1+1 with phone and tablet or with phone and laptop etc. or just mention the new OS. Get QNX/Blackberry in front from outer space and moving to plane and in the car (FORD) with a BlackBerry phone with new OS 11. With Android runtime support .

Still lot op people thinking that BB10 is like BBOS 6 and many people BlackBerry is allready gone from the Market?
    In reference to QNX, BlackBerry's first choice name for the OS is BBX. However, BBX was already trademarked by another company and was not available. BlackBerry chose BB10 instead. 10 is a reference to X. Therefore, it possible that 11 does not fit the scheme.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 08:31 AM
    Lol dkm
    05-03-15 09:03 AM
    Why skipping 10.4 / 10.9?
    Simply changing the version number won't change a thing.

Instead they should just increase their marketing.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 09:25 AM
    I think this is a kind of mug's game, especially when you think of return on investment. The immense complexity of the company, the thousands of employees - all to make a few bucks (or not!). And the new OS still won't sync with all your tunes. Better to fund a few bright students working out of their parents' garage on some new chat app and then sell that company for billions.
    05-03-15 09:34 AM
    I can't believe there are still folks here who think Chen's BlackBerry cares about being in the smartphone OS race.

BlackBerry has gave up! They don't advertise their smart phones because they know they won't see a return on that investment. They've abandoned native third party app devlopment and told all of their developers to write Android apps instead. BlackBerry isn't trying to capture market share with BB10. Isn't that evident by the total lack of advertising and the incredibly small numbers of units being produce?

Also, if Chen's BlackBerry wanted to make BB10 successful wouldn't they keep unique BB10 features exclusive to the platform instead of bringing them to all other mobile operating systems? BB10 is more valuable to Chen's BlackBerry as a scrap yard that they can take and sell parts from.

It isn't 2010 any more, BlackBerry isn't still in the smartphone race battling with iOS and Android in a three-way war for king of the mountain. They are now squarely in the "others" category and Chen has yet to do anything to show that he is at all interested in trying to change that.

These ideas would be great if BlackBerry was still trying to capture market share with their smart phones, but sadly, they sure don't seem to be.
    05-03-15 10:56 AM
    I can't believe there are still folks here who think Chen's BlackBerry cares about being in the smartphone OS race.

BlackBerry has gave up! They don't advertise their smart phones because they know they won't see a return on that investment. They've abandoned native third party app devlopment and told all of their developers to write Android apps instead. BlackBerry isn't trying to capture market share with BB10. Isn't that evident by the total lack of advertising and the incredibly small numbers of units being produce?

Also, if Chen's BlackBerry wanted to make BB10 successful wouldn't they keep unique BB10 features exclusive to the platform instead of bringing them to all other mobile operating systems? BB10 is more valuable to Chen's BlackBerry as a scrap yard that they can take and sell parts from.

It isn't 2010 any more, BlackBerry isn't still in the smartphone race battling with iOS and Android in a three-way war for king of the mountain. They are now squarely in the "others" category and Chen has yet to do anything to show that he is at all interested in trying to change that.

These ideas would be great if BlackBerry was still trying to capture market share with their smart phones, but sadly, they sure don't seem to be.
    As sad as it sounds I have to agree with you!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 11:03 AM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 11:51 AM
    Your post is either satire or delusional.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I thought BBX was the airport code for Boise, Idaho.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 01:35 PM
    In reference to QNX, BlackBerry's first choice name for the OS is BBX. However, BBX was already trademarked by another company and was not available. BlackBerry chose BB10 instead. 10 is a reference to X. Therefore, it possible that 11 does not fit the scheme.

Posted via CB10
    good point naming it BB10 was only a 2nd choice, or maybe even a last minute choice. could go with (barring any trademarks) BBXI but that that doesn't sound too appealing.
    05-03-15 02:15 PM
    I see Blackberry commericals on TV a lot.
    05-03-15 02:36 PM
    Apple also has every year a new OS that people think it 's new,so why not BlackBerry 11, o dear there is 12 and wow 14 allready
    05-03-15 03:17 PM
    Why not just skip it and go to OS12? That's thinking outside of the box. Nobody will see that coming.

Come to think of it....nobody will see it anyway because BB fired everyone that has any connection to marketing except their twitter team.
    Sure, lets rename BlackBerry into BerryBlack....put out OS14.... Put out Pink Only phones. Sell them 50$ each with 4GHZ CPU / 32 GIG of RAM / 2 TB of Device Storage.

We're on 10.3 and you're telling US that putting out OS12 is "thinking outside the box?"

10.4 - 10.5 - 10.6 - 10.7 - 10.8 - 10.9
    11.0 - 11.1 - 11.2 - 11.3 - 11.4 - 11.5 - 11.6 - 11.7 - 11.8 - 11.9.... > 12

People seriously.
    I understand it's "brainstorming" of actual "users" but let's be realistic.

Look at the pace BlackBerry puts out OS's.
    Look at the actual "new features" that are being put out. (There's barely any significant ones)
    How do you expect them to put OS11 or even OS12...What can they do to better the OS? What can stand out for them to stand out in the cellphone industry? If BlackBerry really wanted to appeal to "consumer market" it would make sense to have such discussion but obviously, they're full blown into Corporate/Business.

/End of story.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 03:40 PM
    OP always have great ideas and respect due always.. before people jump on here with wise head responses it's always good to check background on OP. Nothing wrong with what was suggested and nothing can be lost from brainstorming ideas like that...

Posted via CB10
    As oppose to same ideas as OP but a newbie writing the post and having justified criticism? Good ideas are good ideas surely whoever they come from right? Ideas can be criticised also regardless of who they come from, whether from an experience crackberry forum member or brand new one
    05-03-15 03:57 PM
    I doubt that the current generation of BlackBerry phones with the exception of Passport and Rio will see 11.

Posted via CB10
    LOL. I doubt "any" of the current phones will see 11.
    extisis likes this.
    05-03-15 03:58 PM
    want outside of the box thinking? BBOS8, that would truly bring back the old timers
    05-03-15 04:42 PM
    want outside of the box thinking? BBOS8, that would truly bring back the old timers
    not to mention a total waste of resources.
    05-03-15 07:24 PM
    good concept of OS 11. The way Microsoft is promoting windows 10 as one OS for all devices, BB OS 11 with full compatibility of android applications, would be great idea to go ahead.
    05-03-15 09:04 PM
    While I think you may have a valid point, I actually spoke to a friend yesterday and told him about the new BlackBerry Slider coming in October. The first thing he told me was

Who is funding the phone? Isn't BlackBerry bankrupt?
    The have to upgrade their OS because it's very old and requires a track pad.

So the average person out there still thinks BlackBerry is running BBOS7 and doesn't realize BlackBerry 10 has been out for ages. So I would say Stick with BlackBerry 10 and do small increments until 10.9 or something, then upgrade to 11.

First need to get the population to learn about 10 before we move to 11
    Absolutely!

 Living the life, posting via BB Z30 
    05-03-15 09:09 PM
35 12