Hi. I just installed BlackBerry OS 10.3.1 1784. On 10.2.x i used to just unlock my Q10, type first letters of name an app and hit enter to launch something but on 10.3.1 instant search just dont wanna find some apps on phone. Am i do something wrong or this feature is gone in 10.3.1?
    03-29-15 07:15 AM
    Still works that way for me. I can search documents on my SD card too by just starting to type in assistant.
    03-29-15 07:52 AM
    Did you use Sachesi to upgrade from 10.2.1 or upgrade through your carrier sending you and update notification?

If Sachesi then it's a bug known to others who upgraded that way where BlackBerry Assistant's databases don't include your installed apps so it can't find them. I've been able to reproduce this problem several times.

If through a Software Update notification then it's worse than we thought and BlackBerry need to fix this bad bug.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.2576 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.5.6
    03-29-15 08:09 AM
    I've also upgraded from 10.2. directly to 10.3.1 when it was officially released. I used the standard procedure and experienced the same problem as described by the OP with BlackBerry Assistant.

My solution was to security wipe my device and reinstall all the apps.

Now everything is fine and i'm very happy with my device.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 08:25 AM
    Yes you have to either wipe your device and start again or use an autoloader and start again. Backing up and restoring just backs up and restores the problem.

There must be many people who have ended up being affected by this upgrade bug but don't even realise it. I think I'll report it as a bug in the beta zone and see if it's known or being worked on. We need an update that fixes it instead of having to wipe and start again.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.2576 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.5.6
    03-29-15 08:37 AM
    Yes you have to either wipe your device and start again or use an autoloader and start again. Backing up and restoring just backs up and restores the problem.

There must be many people who have ended up being affected by this upgrade bug but don't even realise it. I think I'll report it as a bug in the beta zone and see if it's known or being worked on. We need an update that fixes it instead of having to wipe and start again.

I just started getting this exact bug after updating to Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558. Initially Assistant worked properly, but since last night it cannot find any apps on the device, but it use the apps. So I can't say "open calendar " because it replies "can't find calendar on your device", but I can say "what's my day like" and it will display the calendar events for today.

Also, co-incident with this issue, when I rebooted the phone I get the wrong time and date displayed. It's always 1400 on 5 March. It corrects to the right day and time after connecting with olive service. And the reboot procedure now happens very fast - like it's missing something in the loading of the OS.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 10:08 AM
    Actually, I may have figured out a solution to the Assistant losing the database of the device's apps (or my solution could just be a fluke and coincidence). Anyway, I switched off Full Assistance with the Assistant app. Now the phone wouldn't even recognise the voice command to open an app, whereas in full Assistance mode it had recognised the voice command but said the app couldn't be found on the phone. Then I restarted the phone with Full Assistance turned off. When the phone turned back on, it now recognised the basic voice commands to open an app. Next I switched Assistant to Full Assistance and lo and behold I could open my apps again!

I had previously restarted my device four other times without switching Assistant to the more basic mode, without it having any effect, so perhaps my method forced Assistant to rebuild the database of apps? In any event, I would suggest those suffering a similar problem to mine to give the above mentioned solution a try before doing a wipe and OS reinstall.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by timboalogo; 04-21-15 at 07:39 PM.
    04-05-15 03:58 PM
    This is extremely annoying on Q10. I've got this problem after updating OTA to 10.3.1.1779 and fixes mentioned here are not working for me.

Have you reported it in Beta Zone and what was the BlackBerry response? There is a thread on support forums and they are blaming it on Sachesi, which is bull**** because I didn't use it.

supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/BlackBerry-Assistant-Bug-OS10-3-1-1581-with-Q10/m-p/3084287#M15245
    04-14-15 05:02 PM
    Did you go into the assistant options and make sure apps is checked to be available for search?
    04-14-15 06:15 PM
    I just started getting this exact bug after updating to Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558. Initially Assistant worked properly, but since last night it cannot find any apps on the device, but it use the apps. So I can't say "open calendar " because it replies "can't find calendar on your device", but I can say "what's my day like" and it will display the calendar events for today.

Also, co-incident with this issue, when I rebooted the phone I get the wrong time and date displayed. It's always 1400 on 5 March. It corrects to the right day and time after connecting with olive service. And the reboot procedure now happens very fast - like it's missing something in the loading of the OS.

Posted via CB10
    Thought this was just me.

Posted via CB10 on Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.2243
    04-14-15 06:21 PM
    Did you go into the assistant options and make sure apps is checked to be available for search?
    Ye, it's on - tried unchecking, checking back, restarting... I also tried installing new apps in hope it will trigger the rebuild of the search index. All this fails to resolve the problem.

Does anyone know where is this index located? Assuming it's a separate file, I may try renaming it, perhaps it triggers a rebuild.
    04-15-15 10:15 PM
    Ye, it's on - tried unchecking, checking back, restarting... I also tried installing new apps in hope it will trigger the rebuild of the search index. All this fails to resolve the problem.

Does anyone know where is this index located? Assuming it's a separate file, I may try renaming it, perhaps it triggers a rebuild.
    Sorry, that's all I have for you. If it makes you feel any better, I've had an issue for a year where Web never shows in assistant for search options.
    04-17-15 09:18 AM