For those of you who are pointing out that some feature or mechanism was "always there" - remember that different carriers around the world launched with different versions of firmware. Specifically, some carriers at launch delivered devices with 10.0.9.x revision levels of BB10, others launched with 10.0.10.x revisions, and different sub-versions of those. I'm sure there were some differences in how those different versions functioned.
    I would understands if the OS difference is due to different bandwidth usage or such carrier specific issues but for a feature difference like this? Is that reasonable? I'm just wondering...
    03-01-13 08:29 AM
    I would understands if the OS difference is due to different bandwidth usage or such carrier specific issues but for a feature difference like this? Is that reasonable? I'm just wondering...
    Yes it's reasonable and common. The MOST common reason is every carrier does not release updates at precisely the same time. If Carrier A is ready to release an update on February 22, and Carrier B is ready to release an update on February 28, chances are the versions that those carriers release will not have identical build numbers, because the software from Blackberry is continuously evolving every day, with new changes.
    03-01-13 08:53 AM
    i am with you know idea what the big deal is with instagram... mostly i think is so people can cyber-stalk.....kidding .. kinda..haha... but seriously i think its more the the icrowd have be complaining it doesn't have instaram the horror..... and people are like omg it doesnt have instagram.... deal breaker... maybe its the people from facebook spreading all the deal breaker no instagram..
    You realize that Microsoft has a significant financial holding in Facebook shares, and Facebook owns Instagram, right? There have been some recent articles about how Microsoft has used that financial/investor leverage to twist Facebook's arm NOT to release Instagram for BB10, even though allegedly they were technically ready to do that weeks ago.

Is Microsoft Threaten By The BlackBerry 10 Come Back? - The Sprint Cult
    03-01-13 09:00 AM
    You realize that Microsoft has a significant financial holding in Facebook shares, and Facebook owns Instagram, right? There have been some recent articles about how Microsoft has used that financial/investor leverage to twist Facebook's arm NOT to release Instagram for BB10, even though allegedly they were technically ready to do that weeks ago.

I might start boycotting microsoft is that is true
    03-01-13 09:25 AM
    Yes it's reasonable and common. The MOST common reason is every carrier does not release updates at precisely the same time. If Carrier A is ready to release an update on February 22, and Carrier B is ready to release an update on February 28, chances are the versions that those carriers release will not have identical build numbers, because the software from Blackberry is continuously evolving every day, with new changes.
    Actually, that would not be the case as BB will have a release process that they will stick with and not simply throw a new release over the wall whenever they feel like it, the only reason why you would see slightly different build numbers being released would be that there was an issue found in one bundle that only affected certain carriers and the unaffected ones would obviously have no need to reject that initial release and restart all their testing.

Looking at the stuff that has come out, it would seem like 648 was meant to be the first update for everyone, but some carriers needed some slight change from that and we see a wider range of versions.
    03-01-13 01:05 PM
    I have a great formula for making people mad at BlackBerry. Say that an app that isn't yet available on BB10 is pointless, and it's advocates get mad at BLACKBERRY.

HOW ABOUT YOU SEND YOUR HATE MAIL TO THE SOFTWARE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERS WHO ARE NOT SUPPORTING YOUR FAVORITE PLATFORM?

And get the **** of BB's back. They are doing whatever they can to get it done... if they'll spend millions of dollars on marketing don't you think they'd spend millions trying to woo companies to their platform (it's well documented that they are) but, at the end of the day, FaceBook has their own 'strategic initiatives' and no amount of money is going to make them do something that they don't consider "strategically sound".

Now, you go write to FaceBook and get a bunch of fellow FaceBook users to sign a petition that if they don't bring native Instagram to BB10, you'll simply close your facebook account, period.

And stop blaming BB for FaceBook's capriciousness.
    nemo7, pandapurple and dbarz like this.
    03-02-13 05:09 PM
    If Telus releases this update then it will become available for all ST100-3 devices. Even if no other carriers release it a leaked release will be available right away I am sure. I'm personally really looking forward to it
    I'd want to be the one to leak it I <3 Telus.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 12:55 AM
    Did Telus make a mistake with the software version? The site no longer says anything about 10.1, but instead says v10.0.10.85 is in manufacturer testing and still expected to be released March 2013.
    03-11-13 12:19 AM
    Yeah it looks like they changed it from 10.1 to that :/
    03-11-13 12:39 AM
    Unfortunately there are two sad truths that have been pretty much confirmed 10.1 will not be coming in March at all and the jellybean update to the Android player won't be a part of the 10.1, I'm hoping that can be changed but it was made clear at the Dev conference in February that it won't be included.
    03-11-13 01:31 AM
    03-11-13 03:03 PM
    So the hype and speculation about 10.1 and those very popular apps didn't exactly pan out. T-Mobile US is taking orders for the Zee10 today for shipment this week and AT&T just released OS 10.0.10.88 for their Zee10s.
    03-11-13 03:12 PM
    So the hype and speculation about 10.1 and those very popular apps didn't exactly pan out. T-Mobile US is taking orders for the Zee10 today for shipment this week and AT&T just released OS 10.0.10.88 for their Zee10s.
    We don't know yet if they pan out, Kevin has already said that isn't the big news and he will try to have it out by the end of the day today.
    03-11-13 03:22 PM
    Q10 is currently in testing with Telus.

Q10 has 10.1

10.1 will be available for Z10 soon.
    03-11-13 03:41 PM
    I just checked. What's listed on the Telus page above is now 10.0.10.85. The one we just got.
    03-12-13 12:24 AM

If that is the case then there shouldn't be any reason for Facebook NOT programming a native app on the WP8 platform. At the moment, the main app is programmed by Microsoft. We would have also had Instagram much sooner if Microsoft was really in kahootz with Facebook.
    03-12-13 01:50 AM
    Hey its the middle of March now, whats the deal??
    03-14-13 07:34 PM
    Hey its the middle of March now, whats the deal??
    Lol not going to happen
    03-14-13 07:38 PM
    Telus is about to lose credibility

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 11:10 PM
    I have a feeling it wont be released in march must have been a HUGE typo

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 11:34 PM
70 123