I downloaded and installed the new OS. Everything is ok. But the BlackBerry is slow. BBM is slow. The native apps are slow. Each operation is slow. I'm not the only one to whom it happened. What's going on? Suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 12:10 PM
    I downloaded and installed the new OS. Everything is ok. But the BlackBerry is slow. BBM is slow. The native apps are slow. Each operation is slow. I'm not the only one to whom it happened. What's going on? Suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    When did you do the update? Mine was extremely slow for the first couple of hours. After the OS settled, it is quicker and snappier than 10.2
    Mic_it likes this.
    02-02-14 12:31 PM
    Mine took about a day to become extremely smooth and fast. I did read a tip about people with this problem. No idea if it's true or not? 1. Put phone in airplane mode. 2. Remove battery for half hour. 3. Replace battery.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 12:35 PM
    It will take some time when you load a new OS. Give it at least 48 hours esp. if you're coming to a autoloader, the phone syncs contacts, messages, emails, and such that why PIM Services takes so much battery and CPU consumption.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    02-02-14 12:45 PM
    3 days ago
    02-02-14 12:47 PM
    Thanks
    Mic
    02-02-14 12:48 PM
    Is your device storage really low? I remember my Z getting a lil bit glitchy when my device storage dropped below 300 MB

Posted via CB10
    Levi_Asaiah likes this.
    02-02-14 12:48 PM
    Do a security wipe. I always do one after an OS update.
    02-02-14 12:49 PM
    If you use the search feature on CB, you will a ton of threads on this. The new OS takes a few days to settle in.

But I'm sure the folks at Apple and Android appreciate another. CB Thread title trashing BB for no reason.

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 and pvphooman like this.
    02-02-14 02:27 PM
    Do a security wipe. I always do one after an OS update.
    So, you can do a security wipe and still retain the new O/S? I thought the wipe gets rid of everything and puts the phone back to original condition?
    02-02-14 03:15 PM
    So, you can do a security wipe and still retain the new O/S? I thought the wipe gets rid of everything and puts the phone back to original condition?
    Security wipe just erases all data of the phone, you retain your OS.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 03:18 PM
    Security wipe just erases all data of the phone, you retain your OS.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, so you dont have to reload the O/S after? Just restore what you have backed up? How would you approach this if you were going through link? Just curious if you would do a complete wipe, or just reload the O/S. What order would you do things in? Sorry for all of the questions I just dont want this to turn out to be a disaster as I rely heavily on my phone. I can only do this through link as I am on a mac and do not want to be side loading things, or trying to do something that will not work

Thanks
    02-02-14 03:48 PM
    It will take some time when you load a new OS. Give it at least 48 hours esp. if you're coming to a autoloader, the phone syncs contacts, messages, emails, and such that why PIM Services takes so much battery and CPU consumption.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    I wonder where those numbers come from. Any sources from BlackBerry to confirm this?

I don't know how the device downloads, stores and indexes data. I *think* it is done in a SQLlite database and I would expect the indexing to happen just as fast as data can be downloaded and inserted.

Depending on the amount of data and the internet connection speed, initial sync (after setting up an account) can take from seconds to ... hours? days? (time to change your carrier then)?

Nobody can give a qualified answer without fact, so I wonder why this "wait two days advice" is being repeated again and again.

IMHO it is not true. In most cases with a reasonable connection speed, the initial synchronization is over in 1-2 hours. If anyone is interested in battery draining - open the new application monitor and get the facts. When the CPU seems to go idle you know it done.

There could be plenty of other source for battery draining, but pls. use the application monitor for a start. That's what it is there for.

But what do I know. I might have missed something. I have only been working as a BlackBerry system integrator for 7 years, alliance member and having all BB certifications except for dev.

If anybody has some BlackBerry issued documentation og KB articles about the famous "two days or more" PLEASE post them.
    Branta and fanatical like this.
    02-02-14 05:14 PM
    Reloading the OS is not nescessary. Just a hoax being repeated again and again.
    Wiping the device will leave it clean and you can start again. Maybe it is not even nescessary, but starting with a clean device will definitively give you "factory speed".

I assume you are on OS 10.2.1.1925. Use the application monitor to see what process is using the CPU. Typically is is some app (even the built-in PIM sync) that's stuck. Without some debugging from BlackBerry you will not find the root cause, but you can typically just remove/reinstall the app or remove/setup an account to clear what ever caused it keep looping.

My approach strategy is: If you have very few data/apps - do a wipe and start from scratch installing your apps and setting up accounts. If you have loads of apps, data, settings etc. try to identify the source of the problem instead.
    Branta and fanatical like this.
    02-02-14 05:26 PM
    So if I do a security wipe, the O/S will remain intact then I just have to reinstall all of my apps again? Newbie here with reloading O/S as I seldom had to do it on my older black berries through out the years
    02-02-14 05:36 PM
    My device gets slow when the device memory is low, a few days ago I only had 382 MB of storage left n my phone flipped on me and I almost got a heart attack. No android app would load and then when I rebooted, every folder I made was deleted n that prompted me to start deleting stuff like crazy and it was alright after that

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    02-02-14 05:38 PM
    So if I do a security wipe, the O/S will remain intact then I just have to reinstall all of my apps again? Newbie here with reloading O/S as I seldom had to do it on my older black berries through out the years
    You are correct

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    02-02-14 05:38 PM
    You are correct

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Thank you. And the security wipe can be done right through the phone too I think?
    02-02-14 05:43 PM
    Yes it can, you'll find it in settings/security and privacy
    BlackBerry now is slow very slow-img_20140202_200209.png

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    02-02-14 06:02 PM
    This WILL delete all of my contacts too, so I need to back up completely or transfer them to my sim card. Sim card and SD card will not be touched during this process? One last question, I think do I take the battery out for this and just leave it plugged in?

Thank you for all of your replies. I really appreciate it
    02-02-14 06:19 PM
    SD n sim will not be touched, but I see a lot of people recommend u take both out before attempting. One reason was that so an incoming call r message wouldn't disturb the process and leave you with a bricked phone. Prevention being better than cure makes removing both SD and sim a good step I guess. Anyways make sure u r battery is charged at a high percentage like say 80 (I have performed successful wipes with my phone plugged in when I was too impatient to wait till my phone was charged)

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    02-02-14 07:07 PM
    Thanks for all of the help from everyone. I have now started my wipe
    02-02-14 07:25 PM
    Good luck

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    02-02-14 08:04 PM
    Let's us know how it goes and if it fixed your problem. Thanks

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10 - 10.2.0.424 OS
    02-02-14 08:17 PM
    As usual same as any new release give it 24-72 hours to settle down as it's re indexing everything..
    02-02-14 08:41 PM
36 12