This line from Derek Kessler just put things into perspective for me.

I am super depressed at the state of affairs and now I fear that I am going to be stuck with yet another device that loses support, whose apps stop getting updated, accessories stop being made, and I have 2 years to go before I can move on to my next mobile life.

And can I just say, I'm kind of pissed off that we haven't heard anything from Thorsten Heins in regards to the state of affairs. Give us some hope if there is any left. Or perhaps the silence speaks volumes.

Sorry I don't usually do posts like this and I'm not really looking for answers, part of me just wants to vent.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 12:30 AM
    My blackberry is working great

Posted via CB10
    chern, eldricho, miker476 and 1 others like this.
    09-22-13 02:03 AM
    Mine too, and my Z30 will as well.

But my issue is this: I paid premium money for a premium phone. When the Z10 gets 're-tiered', is it too much to ask BBRY to do us loyal customers a solid and give us a rebate on their new 'premium' phone(s)?

Wishful thinking, perhaps...

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 07:34 AM
    Mine too, and my Z30 will as well.

But my issue is this: I paid premium money for a premium phone. When the Z10 gets 're-tiered', is it too much to ask BBRY to do us loyal customers a solid and give us a rebate on their new 'premium' phone(s)?

Wishful thinking, perhaps...

Posted via CB10
    That isn't even close to wishful thinking. It is an absolute baseless fantasy. Nothing happened to your phone. It hasn't changed. Your view of it isn't BBs problem.
    09-22-13 11:39 AM
    ... Nothing happened to your phone. It hasn't changed. Your view of it isn't BBs problem...
    Actually it is Blackberry's problem. That is exactly Blackberry's problem.

Responses such as "my phone still works", or "your phone hasn't changed" speak volumes about those people not understanding the issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 06:24 PM

Responses such as "my phone still works", or "your phone hasn't changed" speak volumes about those people not understanding the issue.

Posted via CB10
    Then explain it.

From our perspective, you bought a device without promise that it would be the top-dog for any period of time. Tech moves quick these days. If you stand still, you get passed (as evidence by BBRY's current state of affairs). So, like any business that has half a brain, BBRY is releasing new stuff, better stuff in the hopes to attract more customers and to *gasp* make a profit.

From our perspective, it just sounds like unjustified sense of entitlement.
    09-22-13 06:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Actually I think I completely understand the issue with Blackberry. It it has nothing to do with someone buying a Z10 and then wanting money back because they introduced a higher level phone subsequently. That isn't why people didn't buy Z10s.
    09-22-13 07:25 PM
    Actually I think I completely understand the issue with Blackberry. It it has nothing to do with someone buying a Z10 and then wanting money back because they introduced a higher level phone subsequently...
    Well no, because that is not what happened or at least what the other posters are speaking to.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 10:07 PM
    Well no, because that is not what happened or at least what the other posters are speaking to.

Posted via CB10
    It is what the specific post I responded to seemed to be talking about.
    09-22-13 10:12 PM