Really? I can't see how. I was setting up a calendar on iOS today and was completely lost figuring out how to get between year and month view. iPhones are supposed to be simple, user friendly and intuitive to use. I didn't see any of that today.
    They sold 50 million phones last quarter. Obviously those people were able to figure it out. More than likely they got one of the 500 million apps to solve the problem. something BB cant offer anymore
    01-27-16 10:46 AM
    An "enterprise" phone should be able to handle attaching two file types to an email...
    Which the iPhone can do. And also has no relation to the Calendar app and your inability to figure out the most basic functions of a touchscreen interface.

Care to post another non-sequitur?
    01-27-16 10:55 AM
    And if awards.... guaranteed sales, the Passport would have sold 10 million units last year. I just think the IDC report was a big eye opener (factcheck) about BlackBerry's existing software prospects.. Without buying Good (and other recent acquisitions) Chen really had nothing - no hardware, no software. That is a very scary thing if you were a stock holder. And it shows that what Chen was telling everyone last year at this time.... well he was wrong.
    Exactly!!

There is no future for BlackBerry in software either.

JC has fooled a few with temporary "successes" due only to licensing of existing tech (read "old and unsustainable" ) and purchasing other software companies (again read "unsustainable" )

Give it another 18 months and it will be all over. Of course by then JC will have cashed in and be gone...
    anon(679606) likes this.
    01-27-16 11:10 AM
    With the unification of BES, WatchDox, and Good, they now command 25% of the EMM space, and have arguably the most compelling, secure product.

Things are looking pretty good there I think. We'll see how this plays out over the next year or two.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-27-16 11:27 AM
    Exactly!!

JC has fooled a few with temporary "successes" due only to licensing of existing tech (read "old and unsustainable" ) and purchasing other software companies (again read "unsustainable" )

Give it another 18 months and it will be all over. Of course by then JC will have cashed in and be gone...
    Wouldn't that put him in the doghouse with PW?
    01-27-16 11:29 AM
    Which the iPhone can do. And also has no relation to the Calendar app and your inability to figure out the most basic functions of a touchscreen interface.
    There was no clear indication on the screen of how to change between year and month view. If that's what you call user friendly, then there's no hope for quality UI design.

Explain to me again how you can attach multiple file types to an email?
    01-27-16 11:40 AM
    Last call...

[WARN]End the schizophrenic conversation and stay on topic![/WARN]
    01-27-16 12:29 PM
    Get off the train and let us have fun.

Posted via CB10
    vpblaze likes this.
    01-27-16 12:32 PM
    I just read a few of the posts on this thread. I just want to say that I disagree with many of the posts.
    Here's my opinion, just an opinion, I am not a CEO or a software developer.

BlackBerry maps are awful in comparison with Google maps. That's true. If we are talking about maps there are plenty of native apps for navigation that work better than Google maps (but with less features) . It happened several times that Google Maps "drove" me at a dead end. Once it took me in a forest. Navfree, for example, never had any issue. Another thing that I don't like about Google maps is that it cannot be used without Google services. I don't want Google Services, I only need a navigation app.

Developing all the drivers and things for the own OS is expensive, but I don't think it is more expensive than securing an OS that is not developed by the same company. The problem with BlackBerry 10 wasn't that it was to expensive to develop. The problem was the fact that they didn't sell enough devices.
    I know, you will all say that the lack of apps is why they didn't sell enough devices. I disagree. In Europe the masses don't know BlackBerry 10 exist. Not only that, they don't know BlackBerry still exists.
    Another problem is that people are convinced that BlackBerry is closing their doors and they don't want a device that will become obsolete.
    Think about the fact that every time when Google is releasing a new Android version, BlackBerry needs to do all the work in securing it from scratch. Most of the smartphone companies are releasing the first update with plenty of bugs because they need to adapt with the new release. And those are the companies that have a big experience with Android. If it takes a few months to secure the OS, the masses will not buy BlackBerry devices because they don't have the latest OS version.

I like BlackBerry devices because I find BlackBerry 10 the best OS on the market, but that's just my preference. I will support BlackBerry by buying their devices and services but if they go "full Android" I don't care if they will be out of the handset business. There are many other brands that can offer me an Android device.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 12:37 PM
    Last call...

[WARN]End the schizophrenic conversation and stay on topic![/WARN]
    Anyone else struggling to understand this?
    ssbtech likes this.
    01-27-16 12:46 PM
    I'm just curious. What's the point of this topic? Why did author started it? Seriously, you are a Marketing giant genius? Or just a regular troll? So, OK, your point is that BlackBerry needs to stop producing OS10. What then? OK, the company needs to focus on the Pro market. OK, good idea! But then all this forum needs to be shutted down. Otherwise it will dye itself with the BlackBerry users migrating to another platforms. So what then? Again, what's the authors point?
    If you, guys, are the BlackBerry 'abusers', why wouldn't you think how to help your favorite company, spreading a word on it's gods instead of starting pointless trolling threads?

And no, Blackberry doesn't need to shut the BlackBerry OS 10.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 12:48 PM
    I'm just curious. What's the point of this topic? Why did author started it? Seriously, you are a Marketing giant genius? Or just a regular troll? So, OK, your point is that BlackBerry needs to stop producing OS10. What then? OK, the company needs to focus on the Pro market. OK, good idea! But then all this forum needs to be shutted down. Otherwise it will dye itself with the BlackBerry users migrating to another platforms. So what then? Again, what's the authors point?
    If you, guys, are the BlackBerry 'abusers', why wouldn't you think how to help your favorite company, spreading a word on it's gods instead of starting pointless trolling threads?

And no, Blackberry doesn't need to shut the BlackBerry OS 10.

Posted via CB10
    OT: Not much really going on in the BlackBerry World (that we care about), so the conversations are getting pretty old and repetitive.

BOT: BlackBerry as a business, needs to sell as many BB10 devices as they can... as long as it is at a profit. And as a business they don't need to put any more money into new hardware or major updates (even though we would all love to see and Android 5 Runtime) for BB10. But as long as they can build them (have to assume they are still building some (as I taught they were keeping inventory level in channel pretty low), they should keep the current devices going for a while.
    gugomat likes this.
    01-27-16 01:08 PM
    Agreed...
    Exactly!!

01-27-16 01:14 PM
    Anyone else struggling to understand this?
    The conversation keeps veering off topic, in extraordinary ways. I think every angle of opinion has been expressed by now anyway. Time to put this one to bed.
    howarmat and Avenzuno like this.
    01-27-16 08:34 PM
164 ... 567