Really??? Company that was making best hardware quality phones is given away that job to Alcatel?! To Alcatel!?

Posted via CB10
    07-28-16 03:15 PM
    Looks like a pretty good phone to me, just saying
    07-28-16 03:18 PM
    You're right OP. They should just shut down hardware instead of evolving with economic realities....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-28-16 04:49 PM
    Really??? Company that was making best hardware quality phones is given away that job to Alcatel?! To Alcatel!?
    You DO realize that well over 95% of all BB phones ever produced were actually subcontracted out to various contract manufacturers, right? BB themselves manufactured very few phones themselves. They did design the phones, though, and that's not something they can really afford to do anymore, with under 3M/year in annual devices sold.
    Jrox74 and CDM76 like this.
    07-28-16 09:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    TCL Communications actually. Alcatel-Lucent no longer exists.
    07-29-16 12:14 AM
    TCL Communications actually. Alcatel-Lucent no longer exists.
    It's not just BlackBerry that is manufactured there, also new Nokia models

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 07:46 AM
    You DO realize that well over 95% of all BB phones ever produced were actually subcontracted out to various contract manufacturers, right? BB themselves manufactured very few phones themselves. They did design the phones, though, and that's not something they can really afford to do anymore, with under 3M/year in annual devices sold.
    I am working at service repair shop, Alcatel phones breaks on changing the mic or earpiece, we threat them like whale babies. It's a piece of junk, believe me. And for past 7 years, I had about 10 BlackBerry phones dropped in my shop, just for changing mic and speakers, 5 min of work. I DO realize one thing, and that is build quality. With Priv, they are finished

Posted via CB10
    pstrusi, skstrials and skinnymike1 like this.
    07-29-16 07:53 AM
    That's sobering.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    07-29-16 08:02 AM
    I am not an expert but like the quality of build of blackberry phones so much
    Last edited by Vladislavt; 07-29-16 at 08:20 AM.
    07-29-16 08:06 AM
    Looks like a pretty good phone to me, just saying
    Looks like Idol 1,2,3 combined

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 09:21 AM
    Just the security alone sets it apart from those, for a cheap device with good security you can't beat it.
    07-29-16 09:46 AM
    I am working at service repair shop, Alcatel phones breaks on changing the mic or earpiece, we threat them like whale babies. It's a piece of junk, believe me. And for past 7 years, I had about 10 BlackBerry phones dropped in my shop, just for changing mic and speakers, 5 min of work. I DO realize one thing, and that is build quality. With Priv, they are finished

Posted via CB10
    At price of DTEK50, phones are throwaway models. This is the direction of the smartphone market. Like TV and Computer Repair, the future will be less about hardware and more about software.

CDM76 likes this.
    07-29-16 12:09 PM
    At price of DTEK50, phones are throwaway models. This is the direction of the smartphone market. Like TV and Computer Repair, the future will be less about hardware and more about software.

True story...it's just a matter of time

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-29-16 12:11 PM
    True story...it's just a matter of time

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully Blackberry will be able to capitalize on midrange trend.

07-29-16 03:11 PM
    Reminds me of the phone that everyone uses on that show Power on starz
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-29-16 03:27 PM
    Good grief. I bet some of the people complaining about the TCL partnership can't even tell me the last device that was actually BUILT by BlackBerry.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-29-16 06:32 PM
    Good grief. I bet some of the people complaining about the TCL partnership can't even tell me the last device that was actually BUILT by BlackBerry.
    Bold 9900. That was last device build by rim. I am not saying it just for hate, my point is that I bought every single BlackBerry for hardware quality, more or less for software, and I accepted android on Priv, cool, not a problem, but to have Alcatel phone with BlackBerry apps, no.
    I have knowledge, advanced knowledge of software, for.any mobile os, and I managed to install BlackBerry Hub and all other BlackBerry apps on my HTC One m7. Added BlackBerry launcher, and guess what? Its Priv without hardware keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-29-16 06:58 PM
    I don't think that they would sacrifice build quality just because they used the idol 4 as a reference design. With all blackberry devices new or old they were always well built. I'm sure they took that into consideration as well, plus, if they had to add physical things for security such as the crypto or what not I'm sure they looked at the manufacturing process and adjusted for quality. Last thing BlackBerry needs is a low quality device. I usually buy Blackberrys not only for build quality but for ease of repair. We will just have to see how this device works.

When the passport first was released people were talking so much negative things about it, and I was one of them and I realized that I loved it. Not because I love blackberry because if fit my needs very well. I still don't think that we should down this product just because. Give it a chance and it makes sense for mid range phones to come out it well priced and I think that the added security and all that and the sixty dollar battery pack that comes with it is worth its price range.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 07:15 PM
    Watch some of the unboxing and first look videos. I think it's a pretty good looking device. Build quality is better than the Priv. And if you like the Z30 you'll probably really like this.
    07-29-16 08:20 PM
    Bold 9900. That was last device build by rim.
    Except that RIM actually manufactured far less than 10% of all 9900s made - the vast majority were manufactured by Jabil Circuit in factories in China, Mexico, and eastern Europe.
    07-29-16 09:36 PM
    Lots of companies do design now and leave the manufacturing to someone else.. Its pretty normal and it doesn't affect the quality.. BB can still have great phones.. The DTEK50 is not looking like your average BlackBerry in design, its understandable and if it makes them profitable then by all means keep releasing stuff like that.. Now We'll see more BlackBerry in the Rome and everyone will be happy, just wait for it Gents.
    07-30-16 01:39 AM
    Lots of companies do design now and leave the manufacturing to someone else.. Its pretty normal and it doesn't affect the quality.. BB can still have great phones.. The DTEK50 is not looking like your average BlackBerry in design, its understandable and if it makes them profitable then by all means keep releasing stuff like that.. Now We'll see more BlackBerry in the Rome and everyone will be happy, just wait for it Gents.
    Profitable? Listen, mate, in my country called Serbia, I can get you unpacked and unused Note 5 for 500eurous, and this DFek gonna cost same in Europe, I guarantee it, and you think they gonna profit? Pffff

Posted via CB10
    07-30-16 07:49 AM
    To me is fine, looks really good, I don't like two things, the logo in the back looks horrible not being silver... and the fact that BlackBerry Logo is not in the front of the device.. that really sucks.

Besides that, let's wait for the Hamburg!

Posted via CB10
    07-30-16 08:15 AM
    Profitable? Listen, mate, in my country called Serbia, I can get you unpacked and unused Note 5 for 500eurous, and this DFek gonna cost same in Europe, I guarantee it, and you think they gonna profit? Pffff

Posted via CB10
    First of all, I said "If" it makes them profitable then by all means.. Now, since we're talking about what I think.. I don't know if they can be profitable with this device but I hope so, I would rather be optimistic anyway.. Oh by the way, It will cost €339 in Europe.

€500 For Note 5? That's a lot.. I can get it for $437, New of course.
    07-30-16 09:02 AM
    To me is fine, looks really good, I don't like two things, the logo in the back looks horrible not being silver... and the fact that BlackBerry Logo is not in the front of the device.. that really sucks.

Besides that, let's wait for the Hamburg!

Posted via CB10
    Rome, The next one is the Rome.
    07-30-16 09:03 AM
33 12