Hi Everyone,

Many diehards know just how important marketing is needed for blackberry to get the message out about BB10 and just how quickly it has evolved and the incredible usefulness it's getting, especially with BB10.2.1.

Over the last 2 months of not having a Mac (sold mine, desperate times, desparate measures), I realized just how useful and how powerful my Z10 has been! Like many of you already know about your BB10.2.1 device of choice is.

However many of us in North America (Canada, United States, and Mexico) don't see just how good BlackBerry's marketing efforts are vs the rest of the world. I personally didn't noticed until I've spent more time on BlackBerry's BBM Channel or even with Youtube account for the UK and seeing vastly different push/aspects towards marketing. This has led me to think why isn't BlackBerry's UK team more in charge of how BlackBerry is perceived in North America ... because I can both show and tell you just how powerful it is.

For instance ...

Take a good look at the content of the BlackBerry UK Youtube account videos vs those from BlackBerry USA (or simply BlackBerry)!
    Example.

BlackBerry Natural Sound
    - featuring their expertise in sound quality in both calls and in speaker quality featured in the Z30. Just think about the original BlackBerry 6200 series that required you to use a headset to make/receive calls vs the 7200/8800/9000 series and their call quality and longevity of talk times! I believe this alone shows off not only BlackBerry's expertise but subtly their patents in technology the majority of the consumer and business market has no idea of!!
    > solution this commercial alone highlights their patents, expertise, level of focus for experience done in a very real and subtle way.

(the title is a joke though lol)

This commercial alone highlights a world competitor for the championship of amongst 1 out of 2 of the words most challenging and prestigeous racing events on the globe (Le Mans being the first)! I get that the USA citizens don't follow F1 as closely collectively as they do Nascar or Indy vs NBA or BaseBall with a larger fan base. But you get the idea how the Z30 was FULLY shown off in what its features and advancements can do!

- House music all forms has been at my heart since 1986! Yes from The Bellview Three, to Fast Eddie, to The Prodigy (Voodoo People, Outer Space, etc), to Armend Van Heldon, Lil Louis Vega and MAW, to current Prog House ... I LOVE house music so this kind of video appeals to my heart and soul! (I grew up with parents and uncles and aunties listening to Motown, Disco, Funk and R&B/Soul so Hip-Hop & House was but a natural progression for my tastes but with high-school so to was Rock & Roll.
    Just because the a-typical US citizen still loves rock/country to a lesser degree I really feel they should key in on the ultra cool underground scene as well as the big box ticket concert events as well. They don't have to spend much but should they innovate their product accessories and come out with new core software to bring new features that can easily help define BlackBerry beyond the traditional view point. Even the corporate user has a life outside of the office and with BlackBerry Balance - the Personal vs Work side should BOTH be focused on ... the Z30 is a key device to highlight this.

(this track ... so soulful. I think BB should also look at featuring Afro House tracks such from Black Motion & Black Coffee in their videos catered to South & West African countries!

Also ... consider this video below. Although it's great to highlight a large corporation that is critical to personal security, health and safety ... gets to show the old devices and new devices in use, in harmony ... yet BlackBerry NEEDS to work not just on the BB10 advancing bringing back core features to BB10 but also how business can fully benefit from BB10 & BES10 and developer solutions. Developers need more help, more incentives more motivation behind Angry Birds ... give them the SDK for a REAL world use applicable mobile desktop platform and also give them help to achieve this vision!!

Poor marketing $$ wasted!

How in any way does this translate to BB10 or BlackBerry as a whole as being anything powerful, efficient or useful?

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS supposed to show??!

The musical track is awesome ... hyped gets you amped yet when you watch it you think BlackBerry is clowning around!!

Excellent, Powerful, To the Point!

Now THAT is what I'm talking about! Featuring BlackBerry Core technologies and features being implemented or used in the REAL world type of setting! Completely highlights work and personal use cases in a typical professionals daily life!

Now I'll be back to edit this post with BBM Channel Screen shots that further show just how BlackBerry can do well with marketing yet nothing is focused centralised.

Attachment 247377

Attachment 247378

Attachment 247380

Attachment 247381
    ^ I particularly live this one!

Attachment 247382

Attachment 247383

I'm WELL aware of target marketing, market segments, market demographics ... but surely all these can be integrated and done from a central point then someone adjusted to suit specific segments and specific target markets as demographics are trending to be equal for youth or adults, or artists vs professionals in the business sense from country to country, region to region across the globe.

I'm VERY curious on all of your thoughts on this ... let us discuss this .. negative and positive.
    Last edited by Supa_Fly1; 02-13-14 at 05:26 AM.
    02-13-14 03:23 AM
    Here is a VERY Powerful, effective and yet fun video that shows the power of BB10 and Social ... actually Social has been a part of BlackBerry for the past 10+years now and it's well integrated.

This is both a modern video yet very to the point!
    02-13-14 03:46 AM
    Whoops looks like screenies from BBM didn't show up oh well.

I guess nobody has a comment. C'est la vie.
    02-13-14 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD