Teenagers don't have the buying power to create the lead iOS has. For many adults, the iPhone is a better business tool.
    They haven't tried bb10 for sure.

My friends on iPhone only do fb, twitter, instagramm, etc.

Ask them how they handle their schedules. None.

BlackBerry by choice. Powered by BlackBerry 10. I choose BlackBerry. Keep moving.
    04-06-14 09:09 PM
    The "out-of-box" experience has been supplanted by easy overall usability for most people. That is why BBRY is struggling. That delayed response -- powerful response -- to the iPhone is costing the company today. To win people back, one has to show that people can do just as much as they can do on their iPhones with the same degree of ease on the new platform.
    I use the Mrs. as a good proxy for what non-tech savvy people think. She hates the iPhone, but she's also not caught up in the Apple fanboi crowd (which I suspect is more tech-savvy than average). (Other family members who had an iPhone hated it and moved on once there was a better Android device. YMMV.) She uses a Samsung Galaxy Lite; she loves the phone and can navigate pretty easily around it - because she's taken the time to use it (and because she has a Samsung tablet, so the two work pretty similarly). She openly admits that while she isn't as familiar with my Z10 as she is her G-Lite, she could probably get used to it much faster because the swipe motions are more natural and easier to follow; however, since she doesn't need a BB device, she won't get one.

The point about the tablet-phone synergy may be more telling. The iPhone has the iPad, the Galaxy phones have the Galaxy tablets, ... Blackberry has a set of phones on two different OS and a Playbook on one operating system (and is phasing it out). There's no synergy there. I'm not necessarily saying that Blackberry needs to crank out a tablet to go head-to-head with the iPad and the Galaxy ___, but people are more likely to use something they're familiar with; having a second device that's as good (or better) than what competitors have out would help draw people in, and that could potentially translate to drawing people over to the BB10 phones.

Teenagers don't have the buying power to create the lead iOS has. For many adults, the iPhone is a better business tool.
    I know *a lot* of people at my place of employment who openly admit the iPhone isn't a better tool than the BB devices; however, after the fiasco that was the Storm + the company's choice to use Good as its enterprise system (and its lack of support for BB ... at least as currently configured by our IT department) + no more employer-provided devices (there's a $50/mo payment if your personal device is used for work), they're using non-BB devices and the remaining BB devices are being phased out as contracts end.
    CpE CKS likes this.
    04-06-14 09:35 PM
    I use the Mrs. as a good proxy for what non-tech savvy people think. She hates the iPhone, but she's also not caught up in the Apple fanboi crowd (which I suspect is more tech-savvy than average). (Other family members who had an iPhone hated it and moved on once there was a better Android device. YMMV.) She uses a Samsung Galaxy Lite; she loves the phone and can navigate pretty easily around it - because she's taken the time to use it (and because she has a Samsung tablet, so the two work pretty similarly). She openly admits that while she isn't as familiar with my Z10 as she is her G-Lite, she could probably get used to it much faster because the swipe motions are more natural and easier to follow; however, since she doesn't need a BB device, she won't get one.

I know *a lot* of people at my place of employment who openly admit the iPhone isn't a better tool than the BB devices; however, after the fiasco that was the Storm + the company's choice to use Good as its enterprise system (and its lack of support for BB ... at least as currently configured by our IT department) + no more employer-provided devices (there's a $50/mo payment if your personal device is used for work), they're using non-BB devices and the remaining BB devices are being phased out as contracts end.
    That, maybe, is something we can blame on BlackBerry. LOL. Even knowing it's not better than BlackBerry and still getting it, makes me wonder what's the point of having employer-provided devices. Aside from its not better, it's also more expensive. So why? LOL

BlackBerry by choice. Powered by BlackBerry 10. I choose BlackBerry. Keep moving.
    04-06-14 09:46 PM
    I don't understand this argument. I know many professionals that use iPhones, and they are happy. Doctors, business people, lawyers, etc. All the phones basically do the same things but in different ways. And the ecosystem thing is a big deal. Being able to share the same media on your iPhone, iPad, TV, and computer works great for a lot of people I know.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 10:26 PM
    I don't understand this argument. I know many professionals that use iPhones, and they are happy. Doctors, business people, lawyers, etc. All the phones basically do the same things but in different ways. And the ecosystem thing is a big deal. Being able to share the same media on your iPhone, iPad, TV, and computer works great for a lot of people I know.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry about the argument. We were trying to answer some questions in our mind. Anyway. As thread suggests, or my 1st post, let's just help in any way we can
    sorry again

04-06-14 10:44 PM
30 12