I've always dragged & dropped my media files (pictures, songs, videos) to my SD card for the BlackBerry Q10 (I'm imagining it works the same with the Z10). I decided to try out syncing files and besides BlackBerry Link being clunky, it wasn't that bad either. Which do you prefer and why is that the best option?

Also if I do sync the files, where would they be stored (phone memory or SD Card)? Finally if I do decide to sync is there any risk like BlackBerry Link failing/freezing/crashing and me not getting my files transferred correctly? The main positive thing I see with syncing files is I don't need to make duplicate files. What I have on my PC doesn't need to be moved/copied/cut and it's not affected because it's just syncing.
    12-29-13 04:54 PM
    I always like the drag and drop approach. I know exactly where I am putting everything and no dups. Link is pretty crappy software and could always fail IMO. Syncing might be good if you want everything on the device but most people are more selection given space restrictions
    Qaddafi likes this.
    12-29-13 04:57 PM
    Definitely drag and drop or copy and paste but never Link.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 05:49 PM
    Since I used link (I had to try it, haha) how do I unsync everything now?
    12-29-13 06:28 PM
    I actually use a bit of combination of two. The best way is WiFi drag and drop. No cables, faster sync.

If you don't know how to do it just do this (on windows)
    1. Go into storage settings, and turn on WiFi access
    2. On computer turn press windows button (on keyboard) +r
    3. \\192.168.0.XXX
    *XXX put in the IP address, which can be found in about settings, under network.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 09:23 PM
    WiFi is faster for you?
    What's your 'net speed I find wifi takes forever and is less stable. I stick with wired data transfer, unless its important and a very small file.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 09:44 PM
    I prefer to use Dropbox and pin to device. I have a specific folder that I use for this, works good except it seems you need enough of a connection to get Dropbox's file structure so you can get to the pinned folder. If I'll need docs in a 0 connection area, I'll transfer them to the media card from Dropbox at home.
    12-29-13 09:59 PM
    I actually use a bit of combination of two. The best way is WiFi drag and drop. No cables, faster sync.

If you don't know how to do it just do this (on windows)
    1. Go into storage settings, and turn on WiFi access
    2. On computer turn press windows button (on keyboard) +r
    3. \\192.168.0.XXX
    *XXX put in the IP address, which can be found in about settings, under network.

Posted via CB10
    Is this safe? Is it also free?
    Also why do people put ip address while others say do //(device name). Isn't the name faster than numbers?

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 02:41 AM