Just got my new z10 today so am busy setting everything IP as you do. Loaded up BlackBerry link to much disappointment. Script errors in running the application and then you can't sync to outlook (the desktop programme not the new Hotmail) .
    Speaking of which has anyone managed how to transfer large numbers of contacts from outlook to the z10? Without resorting to manual entry?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 09:58 AM
    I find it quite good, twice I transferred my contacts first from my 9900 and second time from a 9900 backup.

It seamlessly syncs my media files and best of all my work files too, before I was using docs to go files desktop app.

I have no complaints.
    03-09-13 10:20 AM
    actually one other chap posted on hoe to use bluetooth, problem solved.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ts-z10-767033/
    03-09-13 10:58 AM
    I found Link experience frustrating. Link takes too long to open, and its very laggy on my PC (good specd pc). I hope Blackberry improves it.
    03-09-13 11:14 AM
    BB Link sucks thats all there is to it really. I'd have been happier IF I could have transfered contacts etc but it wouldn't due to contact groups apparently. Did BlackBerry forget that BBOS offered that or something??

The transition to Z10 was painful considering it was BB > BB. Not only that because I use a Mac I'm stuck using iCrap as the only folder/app to sync. Sorry we don't use iPhoto or iTunes BB. PLUS there are no specific options what to backup or restore = limited.

I'm glad (almost) that I'm in a contract for awhile with my 9900, the girlfriends Z10 is fine mostly except for the sh*tshow with contacts and losing BBM contacts.

@Belfastdispatcher I'm glad you think Link is all rainbows and girl-on-girl pillow-fights but you also think the 9900 camera is great, which it isn't. As a solution it falls flat on its face not for what it can do but for what it can't. My girlfriend missed a shift last night because of the crap BB released. We don't have time to try to fix what BB couldn't do. Now she just looks at the phone and I can tell what she is thinking, its did I make the right decision buying this piece of Cr*p?

The phone is great if it works. So far it has been limping. If BB Link was better then maybe the problems would never have happened!
    03-09-13 11:16 AM
    I found Link experience frustrating. Link takes too long to open, and its very laggy on my PC (good specd pc). I hope Blackberry improves it.
    Don't close it, it's supposed to be left on an it syncs as soon as you're on the same Wifi network.
    03-09-13 11:17 AM
    actually one other chap posted on hoe to use bluetooth, problem solved.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ts-z10-767033/
    Bluetooth isn't a "good" solution. We ended up with multiple entries because the fields didn't match up. No one should have 3-4 contact entries coming from another BB device.

edit: thats 3-4 entries on the Z10 for approximately 1/4 of well over her 100 contacts.
    03-09-13 11:17 AM
    Well I don't take it for what it isn't, I take it for what it is and it works well at what it is. I get home and within minutes everything that I did on my phone during the day, photos, videos or updated documents they all sync to my laptop. If I do any work on my laptop it all syncs to my Z10.

it's like a mini cloud in my house.

However I don't sync contacts, calendars or anything else simply because my phone is always in my hand so I handle all that directly from the phone, not the laptop.
    03-09-13 11:31 AM
    Well I don't take it for what it isn't, I take it for what it is and it works well at what it is. I get home and within minutes everything that I did on my phone during the day, photos, videos or updated documents they all sync to my laptop. If I do any work on my laptop it all syncs to my Z10.

it's like a mini cloud in my house.

However I don't sync contacts, calendars or anything else simply because my phone is always in my hand so I handle all that directly from the phone, not the laptop.
    That's basically the position my GF has. But so far the experience has been unreliable because of the flaky BBM contacts (they disappear) and no selective restore. Does Link work? yeah it does but its a huge downgrade and ironically the weakest link in BB10. Contacts etc are a core area of BB. This shouldn't be a weak point. BB should have known the BBM problem and built Link to address potential problems. It can't. If you select backup daily you are stuck backing everything up when all that she needs to be backed-up is calendar/contacts. Its very lame/immature software right now and I really wish she'd waited.

Again BlackBerry should have had upgrading BB > Z10 iron clad. I don't care what the problem is technically, Link should be able to fix any issues that come along...it can't.
    03-09-13 11:54 AM
    That's basically the position my GF has. But so far the experience has been unreliable because of the flaky BBM contacts (they disappear) and no selective restore. Does Link work? yeah it does but its a huge downgrade and ironically the weakest link in BB10. Contacts etc are a core area of BB. This shouldn't be a weak point. BB should have known the BBM problem and built Link to address potential problems. It can't. If you select backup daily you are stuck backing everything up when all that she needs to be backed-up is calendar/contacts. Its very lame/immature software right now and I really wish she'd waited.

Again BlackBerry should have had upgrading BB > Z10 iron clad. I don't care what the problem is technically, Link should be able to fix any issues that come along...it can't.
    Why do you need Link for bbm contacts? BBID backs them up automatically. You can transfer them to any other BlackBerry in seconds by simply signing in with your BBID.
    03-09-13 11:58 AM
    For those of us that have numerous large contact lists, bb link is deficient. The upload process created one massive list on my device and created all of those contacts locally. Naturally, I didn't realize this until after several weeks of editing, and now it appears I have no way to get the list synced into outlook (that I can see). I don't even see a way to manually connect a local contact to an activesync contact list, though it would not be a solution for a large list. Also, I still see the need for selective backup and restore as well.
    03-09-13 01:03 PM