I am preparing to update BB10 using an OTA, and I wanted to back up my data in advance (although I'm also exporting it to other formats/systems and do not plan on restoring it through Link).

I was receiving error messages that my backups were failing, and it appeared that the problem was that Link didn't have write permission for the backup location (even though it was saving the backup to the desktop of my personal laptop using the administration account!)

On a hunch, I trying Link using the "Run as Administrator" option in Windows, and that solved the problem.

Windows 10 Pro fully updated with AT&T locked Z10 updated OTA to 10.3.2.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    04-04-17 10:09 AM
    1 bug down, 999 more to go.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    04-04-17 10:42 AM
    1 bug down, 999 more to go.
    True, but I think that many of the bugs in Link are tied to the OS environment, so that they can be mitigated for many users with administration rights.

The missing features are more annoying and intractable. The biggest issue for me is that it's impossible to sync or move notes in device Reminder folders (as opposed to Evernote and Exchange-synced folders).

I have over three-hundred multi page notes with critical information dating back to 2004 that I have transferred from device to device, and now I have to take a day to manually copy and paste their contents piece by piece to new notes in Exchange or Evernote folders that will sync properly!

Technically it's not a bug. It's a failure by some anonymous business analyst to include the requirement to move notes and tasks from the device to any other location. But it's another example of the orphanware that is BlackBerry Link!

04-04-17 05:13 PM
    True, but I think that many of the bugs in Link are tied to the OS environment, so that they can be mitigated for many users with administration rights.

The missing features are more annoying and intractable. The biggest issue for me is that it's impossible to sync or move notes in device Reminder folders (as opposed to Evernote and Exchange-synced folders).

I have over three-hundred multi page notes with critical information dating back to 2004 that I have transferred from device to device, and now I have to take a day to manually copy and paste their contents piece by piece to new notes in Exchange or Evernote folders that will sync properly!

Technically it's not a bug. It's a failure by some anonymous business analyst to include the requirement to move notes and tasks from the device to any other location. But it's another example of the orphanware that is BlackBerry Link!

So serious.. it was joke.

But it's another example of the orphanware that is BlackBerry Link!
    The heart of the matter.
    04-04-17 07:26 PM
    So serious.. it was joke.

The heart of the matter.
    Oh, I knew it was a joke. :-)

I just wanted to reassure people who absolutely need Link that many of the issues with Windows 10 can be worked out.

04-04-17 10:30 PM