Also the kiosks would be run by BlackBerry and pushing BlackBerry ONLY phones... so pretty obvious the sales numbers would be doing better then in a Verizon store where the carriers make salespeople push iPhone. pretty obvious that Verizon will be paying some major money to apple for not selling enough iphones...uhhhhohhhh

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 05:02 PM
    Couldn't buy a Q10....
    I wait in line at a large AT&T corporate store for a rep to wait on me. I ask the rep if he has the Blackberry Q10 in stock, he says he will check and asks me if this is an upgrade. I tell him that I am not eligible for an upgrade at this time, and will pay full price.

He returns from the back/stock room some minutes later without the phone and says because of the manager�s policy that he can�t sell me the phone non commitment, and they don�t make any money selling phones off contract. Mind you he has no idea of who I am or what I have, or how long I have been a customer, or any information on my account. He then advises me to have a nice day and purchase one online, and then walks away.

I complained to AT&T. They responded with basically it's up to the stores individual policy. They would be happy to send me one by mail. I told them not to bother.
    If I have to order one, I might as well get an unlocked version for the same price. No more phones from AT&T stores for me.
    Last edited by jkassay; 07-31-13 at 05:33 PM.
    07-31-13 05:16 PM
    Couldn't buy a Q10....
    I wait in line at a large AT&T corporate store for a rep to wait on me. I ask the rep if he has the Blackberry Z10 in stock, he says he will check and asks me if this is an upgrade. I tell him that I am not eligible for an upgrade at this time, and will pay full price.

He returns from the back/stock room some minutes later without the phone and says because of the manager�s policy that he can�t sell me the phone non commitment, and they don�t make any money selling phones off contract. Mind you he has no idea of who I am or what I have, or how long I have been a customer, or any information on my account. He then advises me to have a nice day and purchase one online, and then walks away.
    Really? They wouldn't sell you a phone at full price? I just don't see the logic in that!

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 05:24 PM
    Really? They wouldn't sell you a phone at full price? I just don't see the logic in that!

Posted via CB10

I bet he could have bought an iPhone lol they probably have 400 in the back lol.
    07-31-13 05:28 PM
    Sorry you had that bad experience. Nobody should be shunned from a store when they want to buy something with cash. It is very pathetic. A quick question IF they had a Blackberry kiosk selling unlocked phones in your local mall would you have gone there as a first choice to buy and setup your new Q10?
    07-31-13 05:32 PM
    Yep....Samsung just started their new "Samsung Experience" and I stated basically what you said....F the carriers as they have CLEARLY shown they are pretty much actively undermining BB....staff the kiosks with BB people, NOT VZW or AT&T or T-mobile salespeople. They are gonna push only iPhone/android, as we have seen NUMEROUS times here in the forums.
    But then again, why do a great idea like this when you can spend millions on a superbowl ad that confounds millions of people and advertises a product that won't be available for 3 months....GENIUS Frank Boulben....GENIUS!
    07-31-13 05:32 PM
    Hahaha first off do u have numbers to back it up? Yeah USA market share 1 percent and India and Indonesia markets well over 10 percent and prob 25 percent lol... is that enough for numbers? and the issue at hand is getting it in people's hands and being interactive with the phones... and as far as getting the OEM aftermarket different colors gets kids /teens to make there phones different and more personal.

Posted via CB10
    Also the kiosks would be run by BlackBerry and pushing BlackBerry ONLY phones... so pretty obvious the sales numbers would be doing better then in a Verizon store where the carriers make salespeople push iPhone. pretty obvious that Verizon will be paying some major money to apple for not selling enough iphones...uhhhhohhhh

Posted via CB10
    You put forth the idea, thus, burden of proof (of viability in this case) would be up to you. As for the idea of adoption in those markets being higher, I think it's much more likely that is a result of cheap, BIS only plans, which have kept BB numbers high, most notably in Indonesia. How is BB10 adoption in those same markets?

If you want a value proposition for kids/teens, fully fleshed app stores with the latest, cross platform, popular games and wide ranging music and movie catalogs is a much better idea than a colorful case. Compare to the iPhone, which is hugely popular in that demographic, yet only comes in 2 colors.

Your assumption of sales numbers being higher than a carrier store will be very badly hamstringed if they can't offer carrier discounts. Not to mention, flat out less customers.

Getting BB10 out there for people to see is a good thing, but doing it this way would be a huge money sink. Specailzed reps/demo stations in other stores was brought up in another thread, and would likely be more feasable than kiosks.
    07-31-13 05:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    The store doesn't make any money on an off contract purchase. That's a pretty douchey thing to do though, and if it was a corporate store, a call to customer service right then would have fixed the issue.
    07-31-13 05:42 PM
    You put forth the idea, thus, burden of proof (of viability in this case) would be up to you. As for the idea of adoption in those markets being higher, I think it's much more likely that is a result of cheap, BIS only plans, which have kept BB numbers high, most notably in Indonesia. How is BB10 adoption in those same markets?

If you want a value proposition for kids/teens, fully fleshed app stores with the latest, cross platform, popular games and wide ranging music and movie catalogs is a much better idea than a colorful case. Compare to the iPhone, which is hugely popular in that demographic, yet only comes in 2 colors.

Your assumption of sales numbers being higher than a carrier store will be very badly hamstringed if they can't offer carrier discounts. Not to mention, flat out less customers.

Getting BB10 out there for people to see is a good thing, but doing it this way would be a huge money sink. Specailzed reps/demo stations in other stores was brought up in another thread, and would likely be more feasable than kiosks.
    I will agree that we disagree. As mentioned before if getting Apps was easy as you make it seem then Blackberry would already have all the "cool apps " as stated before they are trying to get them and it is not as easy as it seems. As far as the "colorful case " comment and your iPhone comment the iPhone conversion market is HUGE . I see tons of iPhones green,gold,blue etc etc. HENCE why apple is now coming out with coloured iPhones.
    07-31-13 05:43 PM

And FYI Indonesia is a huge Blackberry market. I don't care if they buy BBO7 phones or BB10 phones to be honest. My post is how Blackberry sells the phones in Asia in kiosks and how they interact with customers there. The problem with Americans is they live in a bubble. Like stated from 100's of Americans on crackberry , no one knows that there is a BB10. That's the issue at hand and companies like Verizon aren't gonna want the sales people pushing them when they are gonna be on the hook for billions of dollars in fines from Apple for not keeping sales targets.!!!! I've done my research on BB. Google it
    07-31-13 05:54 PM
    And FYI Indonesia is a huge Blackberry market. I don't care if they buy BBO7 phones or BB10 phones to be honest. My post is how Blackberry sells the phones in Asia in kiosks and how they interact with customers there. The problem with Americans is they live in a bubble. Like stated from 100's of Americans on crackberry , no one knows that there is a BB10. That's the issue at hand and companies like Verizon aren't gonna want the sales people pushing them when they are gonna be on the hook for billions of dollars in fines from Apple for not keeping sales targets.!!!! I've done my research on BB. Google it
    I'm pretty sure I noted Indonesia as a strong market for them. However if they keep buying BBOS devices, they aren't helping. The future of the company is BB10. More customers on BBOS means more not using the platform that needs users to get things like positive word of mouth and app development. BB needs to get Indonesia converted to BB10, but they haven't released a budget device, nor have they figured how to make the loss of those popular BIS only plans seem offset. Let them keep putting out stale BBOS phones and see how fast WP and Android eat that marketshare up.

Stop trying to use the iPhone contract excuse. If that was the case, VZW wouldn't be pushing Android either.

Maybe you should keep googling and look deeper than the talking points on BB fan sites.
    07-31-13 07:48 PM
    I'm pretty sure I noted Indonesia as a strong market for them. However if they keep buying BBOS devices, they aren't helping. The future of the company is BB10. More customers on BBOS means more not using the platform that needs users to get things like positive word of mouth and app development. BB needs to get Indonesia converted to BB10, but they haven't released a budget device, nor have they figured how to make the loss of those popular BIS only plans seem offset. Let them keep putting out stale BBOS phones and see how fast WP and Android eat that marketshare up.

Stop trying to use the iPhone contract excuse. If that was the case, VZW wouldn't be pushing Android either.

Maybe you should keep googling and look deeper than the talking points on BB fan sites.

Bro I am not sure what planet you live on but it's not earth lmao. Your comments about BBO7 make no sense . 90% of the people in India and Indonesia can't afford a BB10 phone period. Indonesia brings in large amounts of revenue from Indonesia. HENCE why they are going to be releasing NEW BBO7 phones for those regions period end of story. Do you really think that people In India and Indonesia go around spending tons of money in the APP store ? BBO7 phones are used as a real tool so they can communicate for a small price.

To your BUDGET phone ??? It's not going to happen its been stated over and over again that they are not getting In the sub 100 or 200.00 market. There is NO money in it!!!!

The statements about Verizon is in the news and has been for the past month, read the news bud and get in the real world. Nothing I am saying is new and is current in the news
    07-31-13 08:04 PM
    no need for the expense of Kiosks, simply triple or quadruple the number of #keepmovingvans
    07-31-13 09:31 PM
    [thread moved]
    07-31-13 10:00 PM
    I actually like parts of the idea. I don't think they need to be really fancy kiosks, just staffed with knowledgeable and friendly people. Get the word out about BlackBerry 10 and all it can do!

The important thing is that the kiosks are placed in busy venues and shopping places and to improve visibility moved around to various locations. They only need to do this on weekends and during big events.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 10:39 PM
    Bro I am not sure what planet you live on but it's not earth lmao. Your comments about BBO7 make no sense . 90% of the people in India and Indonesia can't afford a BB10 phone period. Indonesia brings in large amounts of revenue from Indonesia. HENCE why they are going to be releasing NEW BBO7 phones for those regions period end of story. Do you really think that people In India and Indonesia go around spending tons of money in the APP store ? BBO7 phones are used as a real tool so they can communicate for a small price.

To your BUDGET phone ??? It's not going to happen its been stated over and over again that they are not getting In the sub 100 or 200.00 market. There is NO money in it!!!!

The statements about Verizon is in the news and has been for the past month, read the news bud and get in the real world. Nothing I am saying is new and is current in the news
    Ok, since you fail to address any of the points I brought up, I'll try one more time, though its probably fruitless.

1. BBOS is popular because it offers cheap BIS only plans. The hardware is still expensive unless old low end models. (Do you really think a new, more expensive BB7x deivce is going to sell well?)
    2. Markets strong in BBOS are eroding still, as cheap, more fully functinal WP and Android devices gain traction.
    3. Those cheap devices are making somone money, companies don't sell them for a loss. It doesn't have to be 40% margin to be succssful.
    4. BB10 needs users to grow to gain appeal, thereby generating interest (and income) for developers.
    5. BBOS doesn't support those same apps, so every BB7 reboot phone sold takes away one BB10 phone that could be helping the cause.
    6. BB10 users buying apps/media generally drive more revenue than BIS suscribers.
    7. A budget BB10 phone that can sell in those markets will drive more money than BBOS and adds users which helps #4.

And again, explain how the risk of not meeting the iPhone mark makes VZW only sell iPhones. I seem to recall them being successful with the GS3, GS4, Droid DNA, Driod Razr series, and are about to drop the HTC one and new Droid Ultra series. They are CLEARLY not only focused on iPhone. Heck, they have 99% of the BB10 commercials I've seen on TV out.
    07-31-13 10:45 PM
    your totally right bro lol. You got me.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 10:57 PM
42 12