What BlackBerry needs to do is pull all BB10 phones from Verizon,atandt,and sprint ( T-Mobile seems to be doing good job). Screw the USA carriers, don't let them sell the phones period!!!

BlackBerry needs to open up "keep moving kiosks" in the middle of the malls and have young BlackBerry employees show the phones off and interact with customers. Have kiosks where they show off the BB10 phones and sell them UNLOCKED. Push the updates OTA so that every BlackBerry customer gets the update. For those who can't afford to buy the phone outright they could offer financing like in India.... these kiosks should offer personalized customized options for your phone EXACTLY Like colorware but extremely cheap.

BENIFETS :

1) It let's BB10 get real exposure and in the hands of customers.

2.) It prevents carriers from hurting USA Sales.

3.) OTA updates or updates at the kiosks gives customers up to date phones.

4.) The fact that you could change the cover of your Q10,A10,Z10 to pink or red or green, will give customers something different and a more personal phone something no one offers ( except China aftermarket)

5.) Possible small revenue stream on financed phones. Also maybe offer "BlackBerry care" like apple for extra revenue stream.

These kiosks exist in other parts of the world. It is time to screw the USA carriers and start selling these phones unlocked . It is time to get BB10 out there and into people's hands. Let the weak people of the USA be told by their carrier what phone they should buy.!!!

Posted via CB10
    edu3110 likes this.
    07-31-13 11:21 AM
    Agreed 1000%.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 11:32 AM
    The problem is that people in the US don't like to buy things at full price. They prefer to buy stuff on financing/loans where the true cost is hidden, cf. the 2008 financial crisis.

For this to work, the kiosks have to offer carrier contracts so that people can get subsidized devices.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-31-13 11:35 AM
    True. I am not sure how USA works as far as plans but in Canada carriers offer plan discounts to those already coming with a phone. So if the plan is now cheaper for them because of that and with BlackBerry financing the phone say 25.00 a month for 2 years ? For a Q10 or say 15.00 a month for a Q5? It might be worth it? Then they Don't need to be locked into a contract and can also go the pay as you go way?

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 11:40 AM
    I think BlackBerry can team up with some pay as you go USA companies to offer text or BBM to teens without the high costs? Colorware is awesome for the BB10 phones but let's be real who can afford 1000.00 to turn your phone pink or green? BlackBerry can make OEM aftermarket covers or chasis at a fraction of the cost. WHY pay 50.00 for an otterbox when hey if you damage your phone you can go make it red or blue if you want for 30.00. This is something apple doesn't offer period. The AFTER MARKET phone market is HUGGGGE. Why not target teens and possibly let them build there "own custom" phone the way they want. Now thats cool.

Posted via CB10
    stevepar likes this.
    07-31-13 11:45 AM
    The problem is that people in the US don't like to buy things at full price. They prefer to buy stuff on financing/loans where the true cost is hidden, cf. the 2008 financial crisis.

For this to work, the kiosks have to offer carrier contracts so that people can get subsidized devices.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Agree with this, great idea but unrealistic unless they can be sold subsidized under the carrier.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 11:52 AM
    Yeah I do agree but keep in mind in places like India and Indonesia I believe they actually finance the phones thru blackberry and then go to the carriers thus the carriers offer discounts to those who already have a phone. ! I guess BlackBerry could also just man up and I guess sign up people to carriers like what a Bestbuy would do!! Only difference is that you woukd have people who want to sell the phones and the exposure would be amazing with 1000's of people walking by the booths everyday.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 12:06 PM
    I see this costing an insane amount of money in the short term and maybe having potential benefits in the long run but not any that outweigh the cost.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 12:25 PM
    I think the revenue stream from aftermarket parts ,accessories and also direct sales revenues would Def over way the costs. This concept is currently working in Indonesia and India and in Vietnam. These booths are all over the place and they help people with the devices.!! The revenue stream is large in these countries.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 12:42 PM
    It's definitely a proven concept for BlackBerry and these are working in their largest markets.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 12:44 PM
    From a happy, all American, Bberry T-mo customer... Canadians on track again!

07-31-13 12:52 PM
    That's what they're doing in Selfridges London. First for the Z10 they had 8 walk through booths, then for the Q10, eight again. There's now a booth for the Q5.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 01:31 PM
    I like that idea.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 01:33 PM
    Hey I am not blowing smoke out of my *** here I think the biggest problem is in the USA is that people don't know it exists. This was done in cafes in India I believe they had BlackBerry cafes set up where people from blackberry showed off the phone. 8 outta 10 people didn't even know that their was a new BB10 phone and when showen about 2 outta ten ordered one on the spot. People don't know it's out there and Verizon and at and t isn't gonna show them either. My hats off to T-MOBILE because they seem to want to sell the phone.!!

Posted via CB10
    stevepar likes this.
    07-31-13 01:51 PM
    You can't get rid of the carriers but I think BBerry should invest in stores/kiosks in high traffic areas to show off what BB10 phones can really do. I was at a mall last weekend and saw Sony showing off their new waterproof cell phone at a kiosk in the middle of the mall. Heck, I didn't know Sony still made cell phones...
    07-31-13 02:15 PM
    I'm partial to this. Partly because, londonont has a very valid point. Sale thru for Blackberry on the carrier level in the US simply sucks ***. I'm here in Columbia, South Carolina...whether Walmart, or Best Buy or Sam's Club...I never see the Z10 or Q10 on display. When I am in AT&T (I'm an AT&T customer), employees look at me like I have two heads when I ask them anything Blackberry. I've even been told "you sure you want a Blackberry?" They are clueless at the features and often say that they haven't had a chance to operate the phone yet. I have several friends that work for Verizon as well...they know the phone exists, but they don't push it to customers. They push customers to the S4 or the iPhone...I haven't seen a sales person push anyone to a HTC One....or honestly...anything other than the S4 or iPhone.

No, I'm not in stores 24/7 nor do I work at a carrier...I'm only speaking for what I've seen with my two eyes. I think that Blackberry having separate kiosks would be a HUGE step towards brand and device awareness...which is simply not happening...as far as what I've seen...in the US market.
    tbims01 and AggreX like this.
    07-31-13 02:26 PM
    ^^^^^ what he said^^^^^

Posted via CB10
    Shekeese likes this.
    07-31-13 02:53 PM
    Yeah and the radio file will wreck havoc on the net work and will shut out bb for good. Good idea but bad way to do it.
    Where I live phones are sold unlocked and you barely get 3 bars indoor and 3g speed is a joke. You can't watch youtube with it, calls drops like crazy and sms will drop out half of the time. This is what a unregulated market looks like. Do you want that ? No, oh hell no
    07-31-13 03:12 PM
    OK, so... where are you going to put these little BBerry Islands? Which US cities? And where in these cities? In Los Angeles, for example? Half-baked idea. Cute, though.
    07-31-13 03:22 PM
    Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of making the phones visible and giving the public some hands-on time. It's just a matter of doing it in a viable way. But I think they'd get a better ROI on this type of thing than TV ads.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-31-13 04:04 PM
    Half baked idea? How so? These kiosks already work in India and Indonesia so obviously they work lmao and where exactly do you live? Because we won't put one in your mall it obviously it needs to be in malls where people are intelligent

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 04:28 PM
    Maybe scannel if you do some actual research how BlackBerry runs things in Asia you would see how these cute little islands actually work and boost sales and how they even help out complaining operators with their phones (operator errors)

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 04:34 PM
    Half baked idea? How so? These kiosks already work in India and Indonesia so obviously they work lmao and where exactly do you live? Because we won't put one in your mall it obviously it needs to be in malls where people are intelligent

Posted via CB10
    You actually think things will work in the US just because they work in India/Indonesia?

Do you have any numbers backing up how much more successful those kiosks are there vs normal wireless stores in the same market?

While the idea isn't bad, there's a lot more to consider that makes it less than feasible.
    07-31-13 04:51 PM
    Hahaha first off do u have numbers to back it up? Yeah USA market share 1 percent and India and Indonesia markets well over 10 percent and prob 25 percent lol... is that enough for numbers? and the issue at hand is getting it in people's hands and being interactive with the phones... and as far as getting the OEM aftermarket different colors gets kids /teens to make there phones different and more personal.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 04:59 PM
    Now that's the best idea I've seen for a while!
    07-31-13 05:02 PM
42 12