ok silly question but will rim show us the blackberry 10 hardware in this keynote ? or is it going to be focused on the software ?
    09-15-12 11:30 PM
    Your guess is as good as anyone's. None of us know what will be shown at the keynote until the keynote actually happens.

That being said, I'm very much looking forward to sitting in that room and watching it live. (while the bloggers behind me attempt to post a new article for every two sentences someone says up on stage, hehe)
    09-16-12 12:44 AM
    I would seriously doubt we'll see anything as far as consumer hardware goes. There IS a rumor that there's going to be a new revision of the Dev Alpha that may (or may not) look a little different.

Jam is for developers. What we WILL see is some new SDKs and revised developer tools. Nothing terribly exciting, though hopefully what we SHOULD see some new BB10 demos.
    09-16-12 12:58 AM
    Your guess is as good as anyone's. None of us know what will be shown at the keynote until the keynote actually happens.

That being said, I'm very much looking forward to sitting in that room and watching it live. (while the bloggers behind me attempt to post a new article for every two sentences someone says up on stage, hehe)
    I'm jealous. I got a Dev Alpha in Vancouver last month, so I got a free invite, but my employer's in the midst of a big implementation that week so I can't get away
    09-16-12 12:59 AM
    I would seriously doubt we'll see anything as far as consumer hardware goes. There IS a rumor that there's going to be a new revision of the Dev Alpha that may (or may not) look a little different.

Jam is for developers. What we WILL see is some new SDKs and revised developer tools. Nothing terribly exciting, though hopefully what we SHOULD see some new BB10 demos.
    you said that there's nothing terribly exciting but i've heard that expectations are high and it's going to be a huge show.. So maybe rim will show us the hardware personally i would want that because since the iphone 5 isn't "THE NEXT BIG THING" in my opinion, this would be the best time for rim to show us some blackberry 10 devices i think it's the perfect time
    09-16-12 01:50 AM
    Nobody knows, at least anyone who's saying... my expectations are quite high at this point as well though.

No idea if we'll see hardware, but then again nobody there should really care about the hardware much... we already know it will be quite similar to the Dev Alpha, which almost everyone there will probably have (since those who don't yet have one have some chance of getting one there, though maybe not all).

For the developers, it should be all about the software at this point, and more specifically the OS itself. We shouldn't be expecting to see much if any of the non-core apps, so don't expect a bunch of reveals that Skype or Netflix or such is present... they may be, but they'd be silly to tell the developers. I expect they'll keep many such surprises away from the news until closer to launch, and rightly so.

What I do really expect is lots and lots more of the OS to be revealed, and since we're expecting an update to the Cascades SDK to give us access to "peek" and "flow" functionality, and the PIM interfaces and more, it seems not unreasonable to expect we'll actually get some of the new UI for the home screen including possibly the keyboard.

We can hope anyway... I'm not letting my expectations get specific enough that I'll feel let down if we don't, but I do expect "a lot" for this one. :-)
    09-16-12 08:48 AM
    Jam Americas will be a developer conference. I expect RIM to announce new PIM apis and give developers a better look at app integration.

As far as hardware, I think they shouldn't announce or show final BB10 hardware. I do not see the benefit for RIM to show off a product which consumers cannot purchase for another several months. They need to control their marketing. Surprise us. November would probably be a great time to start building buzz for the product, ramp up etc.

Whatever happens, I think this will be a historic developer conference. RIM is shifting focus to the BlackBerry 10 platform.

We'll see BB10 soon enough.

09-16-12 12:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD