When I got my Z10 last week I entered my original Blackberry ID which I had historically used on many Blackberry phones. This worked and I was able to download Angry birds (not that I will ever play it).
    However, now I cannot download anything, nor can I access my Blackberry ID on my Z10 as it just hangs and says 'retrieving blackberry I'd properties'
    I am now told that I should have started with a new Blackberry ID for the Z10. How can I access, delete my Blackberry ID?
    So, how do I fix this and download something useful from Blackberry World?
    02-07-13 12:24 PM
    I'm having an issue also except it's with protect not working. If I were you I would try the following
    1. Login to the bbid website and change your password
    2. Backup your phone with blackberry link on your pc.
    3. Factory wipe your z10 by going into settings then security and security wipe.
    4. It will take about 10 min, then re setup your phone with your BlackBerry I'd, but DO NOT connect the phone to a wifi network until the phone is fully setup.

Let me know if it works for you.
    02-07-13 01:06 PM
    Well after much swearing it won't backup as it cannot link with the bbid on the phone!
    I think I am just going to have to bite the bullet, wipe it and start again unless there are any other ideas to complete the backup?
    02-08-13 12:29 AM
    This issue isn't related to you using an old BBID. I did the same thing, and I haven't had a single problem. I'm guessing it's just an anomaly that nobody could explain. Wiping and starting with a new BBID would probably be the best route.
    02-08-13 12:37 AM
    I can cope with the wipe and start again to a degree. It's the non ability to back the thing up that frustrates me!
    02-08-13 12:42 AM
    That was for security measures. If you are not the BB ID, BB won't allow you to backup the device data. I got the same problem here, resolving it right now but finger crossed:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-setup-768982/
    02-08-13 12:53 AM
    Wipe completed, data re-installed and everything seems to be working perfectly. Thanks for everything guys
    02-09-13 12:39 AM
    The problem came back to me after a couple of hours... wiped 5 times now, but every time it would only work for a little while....
    02-09-13 12:51 AM
    I have this same annoying problem....
    02-10-13 02:31 PM
    I did a step by step troubleshooting from wiping the device, to setting up BBID, to using all BBID related apps, to get my password data (with lots of other junk) from my old BlackBerry using device switch, to downloading all the apps I need, and to sideload apps. On each step I would backup using BlackBerry Link. After each step I would try to connect to BBID server by accessing BBID section in settings.

In the process I found that every time after I backed up the device data, I would need a reboot, otherwise I would not be able to connect to BBID server.

I don't know if it 's because of those power recycles or what, I didn't have this problem now.
    02-10-13 03:56 PM
    I'm having the same issue on my BB10. I have been downloading apps for the last week and everything has been fine. All of a sudden, yesterday when trying to download a new app, I get a message saying there was an error that occured while processing my request. I then went to settings to look to see if everything was working with my BBID, and it just keeps saying that it is retrieving blackberry id properties. Very frustrating. The last thing I want to do is do a full wipe of my BB, especially considering I'm reading posts saying that they did the wipe many times, and the problem came back.
    02-13-13 12:04 PM
    I'm having the same issue on my BB10. I have been downloading apps for the last week and everything has been fine. All of a sudden, yesterday when trying to download a new app, I get a message saying there was an error that occured while processing my request. I then went to settings to look to see if everything was working with my BBID, and it just keeps saying that it is retrieving blackberry id properties. Very frustrating. The last thing I want to do is do a full wipe of my BB, especially considering I'm reading posts saying that they did the wipe many times, and the problem came back.
    Try to turn off the Wifi, pull out the battery while the phone is on, remove the sim card, then put it all back together again.
    02-13-13 12:40 PM
    I'm having a similar issue with services that are linked to my blackberry ID not working. Blackberry link is also telling me that it can't communicate with my Z10 when its plugged in. I did notice that both times I plugged my Z10 into Blackberry link it updated the software on my Z10 and new problems became happening after each update. In blackberry link I turned on automatically download and install updates for blackberry link and BB10 (not a default setting). I wonder if its installing bad updates. I'll try restoring it when I have the time.
    02-13-13 05:24 PM
    Scratch that, everything magically started working again this morning
    02-14-13 07:06 AM
    I tried that (turning wifi off, pulling the battery while the phone is still on, pull the sim card, put it all back together), but didn't work. I went to blackberry world to try and download an app again, I click on the download button and it just sits there. It doesn't actually download. I try to go to "my world" to see the apps/games I have and just sits there with the spinning wheel. I went back to check and see if I can see my blackberry ID properties, but it still does the same. Spinning wheel as it tries to get the info, but it doesn't do anything. Any other thoughts/ideas? I went to blackberry.com and I am able to successfully log in using my blackberry ID, so I know the login details work.
    02-14-13 08:52 AM
    I may have fixed this problem. I shut down the phone, pulled the battery and removed the sim card. I then booted the phone back up WITHOUT the sim card and connected to wi-fi. I then went to the Payment option screen (prior to this, this page wouldn't even open for me) and this time it asked me to verify my blackberry ID, which I did. I was then able to download apps again. I then shut the phone down, put the sim card back in, and so far everything has been working. It's only been a couple hours, but so far so good. If I have issues again, I'll be sure to re-post.
    02-15-13 12:40 PM
    Having the same problem as previous posts. I'm going to try what "Berry-cracked-up" did and see if that works. I really don't want to wipe if it doesn't work 100% of the time.
    02-16-13 02:03 PM
    turn off auto update time. then change the year to one year ahead of time (example 2014), then do a battery pull and remove the sim card. when the phone comes back on it will ask you for your Blackberry ID pass word. once you put it in everything will work fine and you'll be able to download again from Blackberry world. Change your date back to the appropriate date and start downloading.
    02-17-13 04:24 PM