Hi. I want to change my BlackBerry id for blackberry world but it is asking me to fully format the phone to set the id again, is there anything possibly else formatting the phone i can do to change my BlackBerry id?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by playyah; 12-09-13 at 10:15 AM.
    12-09-13 09:27 AM
    you need to change your BBID here https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login login with your original one and change it ...
    12-09-13 09:35 AM
    The OP will still need to wipe his phone before the new ID will be accepted on it.
    12-09-13 09:49 AM
    The OP will still need to wipe his phone before the new ID will be accepted on it.
    Nope he doesn't I had changed my BBID with new ones (to solve some RFA issues with Link) and I had no need to wipe my phone. May be I changed it to the ones that I had never used as BBID before tho.
    12-09-13 09:53 AM
    you need to change your BBID here https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login login with your original one and change it ...
    Didnt worked for me when i login i get this screen and then if i open my account it doesnt asks me to change my id on my phone, any other solution?
    BlackBerry ID change problem-img_00000639.png

Posted via z10
    12-09-13 10:30 AM
    There is always the confusion about BlackBerry ID and the email associated with it.

You can change the email associated with a BlackBerry ID, but it has to be an email not registered to another BlackBerry ID. In this case you are keeping the same BlackBerry ID account and just changing the email associated with it. You do not need to do a security wipe to do this.

To put an entirely different BlackBerry ID account on the phone, you need to security wipe.

Just to be clear, changing the email associated allows you to keep the same BlackBerry ID and all things associated with it such as your BBM contacts and items purchased from BlackBerry World.

Changing to a different BlackBerry ID requires the security wipe because it has to remove any BBM contacts and programs associated with the old BlackBerry ID, or in the case of a used phone, the old owners info.
    12-09-13 10:34 AM
    Couldn't put it better myself.

Op needs to go to account details and change the email there. Bbid is email, is it not?

There is always the confusion about BlackBerry ID and the email associated with it.

You can change the email associated with a BlackBerry ID, but it has to be an email not registered to another BlackBerry ID. In this case you are keeping the same BlackBerry ID account and just changing the email associated with it. You do not need to do a security wipe to do this.

To put an entirely different BlackBerry ID account on the phone, you need to security wipe.

Just to be clear, changing the email associated allows you to keep the same BlackBerry ID and all things associated with it such as your BBM contacts and items purchased from BlackBerry World.

Changing to a different BlackBerry ID requires the security wipe because it has to remove any BBM contacts and programs associated with the old BlackBerry ID, or in the case of a used phone, the old owners info.
    12-09-13 11:27 AM
    Couldn't put it better myself.

Op needs to go to account details and change the email there. Bbid is email, is it not?
    The answer to that question is probably no the email is not the BlackBerryID, just the way you log into it. There is probably a other unique ID used on the BlackBerry system that is the actual. BlackBerry ID account number.

The question usually comes up when somebody wants to change the BlackBerryID on a phone but retain the app's from the previous ID, which can be a problem if somebody else is using that ID. If you do change the email associated with a BlackBerryID, that email will automatically propagate to any device signed in on that ID. It becomes really problematic if you change the email and the password, as any other device on that ID will get the email and password changed, possibly locking them out of the phone.
    12-09-13 05:45 PM