It has been a long time since I have used a BlackBerry device, and I'm finding all of these notifications in the Hub a bit too much.

I have multiple email addresses, and would like to have a separate icon on my desktop for each one. Is that possible?
    I know I can probably tweak the notifications, and turn some off, but it would be really helpful if not everything showed up in one place.
    09-29-14 09:53 AM
    I would suggest you add just the important email accounts first. Then after you get accustomed to the device, add the remaining accounts. BlackBerry hub can be a bit overwhelming to newbies.

And no, you can not create separate icons for different email accounts.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 10:00 AM
    You can however section off the hub to only show the emails from a particular account

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 10:04 AM
    There's two choices here:
    a) Go to the hub > more > settings > hub management > account > show in separate account only. Then download a shortcut app from BlackBerry World, like Shortcut Creator from ToySoft to give each account it's icon on the home screen.

b) Stop living in the past.

pin:2B7CAF06
    09-29-14 10:09 AM
    Heh. :-)

I appreciate the suggestions.
    I have one email account (work-related) that gets so many emails that it has got to be a stand-alone. Otherwise, all the other notifications would be missed.

a) Go to the hub > more > settings > hub management > account > show in separate account only. Then download a shortcut app from BlackBerry World, like Shortcut Creator from ToySoft to give each account it's icon on the home screen.

09-30-14 08:56 AM

While he's in Hub Management, he can also assign each of his mail accounts a different color. He can also look into using the priority hub.
    09-30-14 09:11 AM
    I have multiple email addresses, and would like to have a separate icon on my desktop for each one. Is that possible?
    Just to expand on what others have said, all email accounts appear in the Hub twice. Once in the main hub, and again as a separate account. Remove or color code the email accounts as you desire. Or if you just want to filter by one particular account, hit the three vertical bars in the lower left of the hub to see the list of email accounts. That list can be reordered as well.
    09-30-14 09:20 AM
    Thanks. Will play around with it.
    Definitely an adjustment, having been away from a BBB phone for so long. (Granted, this isn't the legacy OS, but there are definitely similarities.)

While he's in Hub Management, he can also assign each of his mail accounts a different color. He can also look into using the priority hub.
    09-30-14 12:17 PM