I wish there was grid/tile view option. What say you?

BlackBerry 9700, 9790, Q10
    08-16-13 09:11 PM
    Please explain more. You want a grid setup in the hub ?
    08-16-13 09:19 PM
    a grid view of my emails? yuck
    08-16-13 09:21 PM
    Not really digging WP8 on my BlackBerry 10...

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 09:34 PM
    Please explain more. You want a grid setup in the hub ?
    Currently, all of the categories are 'listed' in the hub (BBM,Text Messages, Whatsapp, Email Account). What I was thinking was having them arranged in a grid formation. Therefore you would have 2 categories side by side in the hub...as opposed to the list view.

I hope that explanation is a little clearer.

BlackBerry 9700, 9790, Q10
    08-16-13 10:01 PM
    Still not feeling it.
    Seems like an extra step to view the messages.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    08-16-13 10:08 PM
    yeah not feeling it either really
    08-16-13 10:10 PM
    I don't see how you could read enough of the subject for it to be viable

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 10:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 10:35 PM
    So I can only read the first 5 letters?

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    08-16-13 10:40 PM
    I am talking about this screen...not the individual emails. Sometimes I find it annoying that I have to scroll down the list to see my twitter of facebook messages if I do not have them configured to appear in the main Hub feed.

And if you had many email accounts, I think it would be little easier to select a different account while in grid view as opposed to scrolling down the list.

BlackBerry Hub Grid-img_00000126.png
    08-17-13 04:40 AM
    I am talking about this screen...not the individual emails. Sometimes I find it annoying that I have to scroll down the list to see my twitter of facebook messages if I do not have them configured to appear in the main Hub feed.

And if you had many email accounts, I think it would be little easier to select a different account while in grid view as opposed to scrolling down the list.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000126.png 
Views:	1115 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	193195
    I knew what you were saying and no. Not digging your suggestion. I've got 9 email accounts plus all the other social media aggregates (not Whatsapp) and I have no issues scrolling or navigating the Hub.

IMHO tiles/grid or are cute and functional only to a certain degree, plus they are the Flavour De Jour.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047 via CB10
    08-17-13 07:58 AM
    I think a grid would only make it more difficult to navigate... It would be nice though to have the ability to rearrange the order of appearance!

From the Z...
    08-17-13 08:57 AM
    And you'd still have to scroll down in a grid doesn't make a difference other than looking ugly in my menu

Posted via Dev B wielding 10.2.0.1047 | BerryLeaks Co-founder
    08-17-13 10:19 AM
    Agree, it's neat the way it is, but do agree with one post of being able to have the option to rearrange the order.
    08-17-13 10:28 AM
    I'd like the ability to have some things removed from the Hub if you don't use it.

For example, Facebook. I have a Facebook account, but I don't live and die by it so I turned off notifications to the Hub. So why is it still listed in the Hub? I'd like it go away.

BBM too (I know, shocking!). It's not set up, so why is it still listed in the Hub? I actually know why, it's BlackBerry's bread and butter - so to speak. But, I'd still like the option.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 02:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    This. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 03:21 PM
    I'd like the ability to have some things removed from the Hub if you don't use it.

For example, Facebook. I have a Facebook account, but I don't live and die by it so I turned off notifications to the Hub. So why is it still listed in the Hub? I'd like it go away.

BBM too (I know, shocking!). It's not set up, so why is it still listed in the Hub? I actually know why, it's BlackBerry's bread and butter - so to speak. But, I'd still like the option.

Posted via CB10
    You won't be able to remove BBM from the list as far as I know.. you can remove Facebook though.. just log out from the app..

If I understand correctly what you're trying you have to consider that the BlackBerry Hub is two things.. (probably won't have to read further if I did not understand correctly)
    1. The entire communications centre as a whole which is called BlackBerry Hub..
    2. The general overview of all the communication which is listed as HUB at the top of the list in the BlackBerry Hub...
    If you turn off Facebook notifications to your HUB (I think you did this in the settings within the BlackBerry Hub) you won't receive them in the general overview HUB, but it will still be listed in the BlackBerry Hub so you can manually go there to check your notifications if need to. If you want to remove it, you'll have to delete the account in the normal settings... Settings -- Accounts
    This will result in you being automatically logged out of the app however... if you don't use the app, then there's no problem deleting the account.. if you do plan on using it, then you're stuck with Facebook being listed in the BlackBerry Hub (which you don't want obviously)... unfortunately for you it's totally integrated without the option to turn it off

From the Z...
    08-18-13 03:37 PM