The BB 10.2 browser is the best amongst all mobile platforms.... they must go ahead and use this for marketing...
    Test conducted online via html5test.com
    On a BlackBerry z10 STL100-1

BlackBerry has the best browser-img_20140623_180532.png

Lets hope that more people choose BlackBerry #teamblackberry

Posted via CB10... and my awesome Z10
    der_mit likes this.
    06-23-14 07:39 AM
    Ya cool....to bad no one gives a crap about that.

I love the browser but it won't help blackberry sell phones....

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 07:55 AM
    Funny. Years ago everyone hated the bb browser as it was crap. Now that the browser is good no one cares because everyone uses apps. Can't win.
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    06-23-14 08:13 AM
    Funny. Years ago everyone hated the bb browser as it was crap. Now that the browser is good no one cares because everyone uses apps. Can't win.
    Well we don't have apps anyway so I guess we win on the whole browser thing.

BlackBerry Z10 | 10.3.0.296
    kbz1960 and Alvin Loh like this.
    06-23-14 08:46 AM
    Its a test about compliance which means it doesnt take into account many other things like features, java performance etc. BB has had the best HTML compliant browser even in the playbook days but it still didnt mean that it didnt checkerboard to hell all the time and have no decent bookmark capability etc. The browser in BB10 is good but its still barebones. Using this test to brag about the browser isnt going to win them an fans really.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-23-14 09:32 AM
    The browser is awesome, and I wouldn't underestimate the value it brings, since searching the Net is still a primary function for just about everyone.

Posted via Z-30 STA 100-5 running 10.3.0.296/.442 hybrid on T-Mobile USA
    eduzojordan likes this.
    06-23-14 09:46 AM
    Its a test about compliance which means it doesnt take into account many other things like features, java performance etc. BB has had the best HTML compliant browser even in the playbook days but it still didnt mean that it didnt checkerboard to hell all the time and have no decent bookmark capability etc. The browser in BB10 is good but its still barebones. Using this test to brag about the browser isnt going to win them an fans really.
    I prefer the bookmarking on the PB browser to BB10. There I said it.
    06-23-14 12:47 PM
    How are the features like bookmarks,opening tabs on background,favorites,navigation?havent used one so far.so curious to know
    Sent from my NOKIA 1520 using Tapatalk
    06-24-14 08:51 AM
    Yep, browser is really fast!
    06-24-14 09:00 AM
    In BB10 the new pages do open in the background, unlike the Playbook, which pushed them straight into your face. That was not good.
    06-24-14 10:05 AM
    This site tests HTML 5 COMPLIANCE not speed. People often refer to this and say BB has the fastest browser. There was a time when BB was far and away better (on compliance) than anybody else but you can see here the others have essentially caught up. The differences are in features not widely used and that nobody would likely notice. Not something to brag about anymore.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-24-14 10:14 AM
    I prefer the bookmarking on the PB browser to BB10. There I said it.
    I prefer it on the 9870 than the PlayBook's. There, I said it.

It's a very capable browser, one of the best in market for sure. HTML5Test isn't the place to check that though.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 02:13 PM
    Blackberry could turn this into a good thing just like they have with BBM, by making their browser device-agnostic. (available for iOS, Nokia X, Android and Windows Phone). It would probably do quite well, as it's not the HTML compatibility that people care most about... it's the speed. The BB10 browser is very fast. (I use the gigaom.com website when I'm testing speed of browsers. Whoever designed that website should be fired, it's so slow.)
    06-24-14 06:21 PM
    Blackberry could turn this into a good thing just like they have with BBM, by making their browser device-agnostic. (available for iOS, Nokia X, Android and Windows Phone). It would probably do quite well, as it's not the HTML compatibility that people care most about... it's the speed. The BB10 browser is very fast. (I use the gigaom.com website when I'm testing speed of browsers. Whoever designed that website should be fired, it's so slow.)
    its no faster than other offerings like chrome or safari really. Its has nowhere near the power of BBM
    06-24-14 06:51 PM
    No its not.

Can you sync Bookmarks;
    With BBLink and desktop browsers,
    Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or IE?!

Can you import! Bookmarks from any of the above?

NO! Some enterprise device! Until then doesn't matter what it can render fast because the time it takes to laid all half or some of the sites you need in work or personal space is wasted by looking them up exporting and opening then all via email.

I've sent a specific request to have these features fixed!

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    06-24-14 07:44 PM
    No its not.

Can you sync Bookmarks;

NO! Some enterprise device! Until then doesn't matter what it can render fast because the time it takes to laid all half or some of the sites you need in work or personal space is wasted by looking them up exporting and opening then all via email.

I've sent a specific request to have these features fixed!

And using the Evernote/Remember combo is a decent stand-in, but just to be able to enter a login and have it all there would be fabulous.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 08:11 PM
    I have a really hard time typing anything into the BB10 browser (Q10), especially in Desktop Mode (which I need to use because Gmail in mobile mode is poorly suited to the Q10's square screen). I often will have to wait one or more seconds for it to register each keystroke, or else if I try to type normally (40+ wpm) it will skip a whole bunch of characters and garble up whatever I type.

Does nobody else encounter this issue? It's so bad that I have to type my e-mails in an app and copy it into my browser!

Turning off word recommendation didn't really help the situation (and was annoying because I can't use that feature when it's turned off)

I also have difficulties logging in to Gmail when I'm in Desktop mode on the Q10. It says "loading" and just continues forever.

- RG>
    06-24-14 11:55 PM
    That's rocks higher
    BlackBerry has the best browser-img_20140624_203108.pngthan chrome in desktop

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 11:57 PM
    And using the Evernote/Remember combo is a decent stand-in, but just to be able to enter a login and have it all there would be fabulous.

Posted via CB10
    What? Evernote/Remeber is no different than exporting your bookmarks from those browsers into a file and emailing to yourself. All the links are individual and handled as such your reply suggestion makes no difference in what I stated just a different place to source the exported bookmark list. Clearly you didn't understand what I stated.

06-25-14 03:10 AM
    What? Evernote/Remeber is no different than exporting your bookmarks from those browsers into a file and emailing to yourself. All the links are individual and handled as such your reply suggestion makes no difference in what I stated just a different place to source the exported bookmark list. Clearly you didn't understand what I stated.

I did. And with Evernote, you can simply type in the name of your bookmark. That sounds fairly individual to me. No need to send myself an updated list whenever I add a bookmark, I just share to Remember on either end and voila, synced. It's the best we have until BlackBerry allows actual sync such as Firefox and Chrome.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 03:52 PM
    That's rocks higher
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140624_203108.png 
Views:	162 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	280386than chrome in desktop

Posted via CB10
    That's just a measure of how well it uses HTML5. It's a good browser, but it's not complete - missing codecs and render issues on some sites. Try running Futuremark browser test and it'll crash.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 03:54 PM
    No its not.

Can you sync Bookmarks;

With the right app, everything is possible. And the apps are in BB World even.

Same answer applies.

Yada yada. Too negative are we?
    Z30char

its no faster than other offerings like chrome or safari really. Its has nowhere near the power of BBM
    Actually Matt, plenty of times people come here to post how their browser (BB10's) smokes the rest with ease. I personally have bested a few iPhones with both Z10 and Z30. So, in at least a few cases, it is.

We still agree HTML5Test is no measure of how fast/good a browser is though.
    06-25-14 09:05 PM
    Z30char

With the right app, everything is possible. And the apps are in BB World even.
    Either you state the applications you claim makes my rebuttal all possible or that BB makes them native .. it's a work around not a solution. In this day and age any and all KHTML browsers should have basic features native. BB brought reader but not bookmark sync'ing natively or even with BB Link ... again it's a missing feature that the hallowed Torch team was brought internally to make the browser the very best possible, not the very best it "could" be. Notice that this is my only complaint about the Browser.
    06-25-14 10:11 PM
    I did. And with Evernote, you can simply type in the name of your bookmark. That sounds fairly individual to me. No need to send myself an updated list whenever I add a bookmark, I just share to Remember on either end and voila, synced. It's the best we have until BlackBerry allows actual sync such as Firefox and Chrome.

Posted via CB10
    I'd still have to see this in action, start to finish .. maybe something we could do over PM or BBM if you have time.

Still you're using another application to do something that should essentially, yes it's essential, be native to the browser.,
    06-28-14 01:24 PM