I recently see this on TheChive (picture number 31) **** happens sometimes : theCHIVE

Blackberry getting the message out on Security after Apple iCloud mess-privatebb.jpg

I think is no more to say! LOL
    gokulesh likes this.
    09-05-14 10:38 AM
    No security flaw, the iClouds were hacked via bruteforce, which can happen to anyone and anything. Even BB. JS.

Those celebs had **** passwords, that's all.

Either that or some kind of leak or dump from other site that they were registered on was used as test lists and use those against iCloud. iCloud was just a victim of it all.

That being said, stupid uneducated people will not care and just say apple sux at sekuritee so BlackBerry should really take this as a chance to make a two step authentication in their login systems, which I hopefully assume that they do so with their Enterprise services.
    I saw a news article that indicated this was a fishing scam asking people for their passwords through an email. Denise Richards said that she received several emails asking for her password. Another article said that a password breaker was used which means that the passwords were not stronger enough (nothing any online system can do anything about unless they enforce strong password creation) and the website did not enforce denial of entry protocols for multiple login attempts.
    09-05-14 11:06 AM
    I'm sure Apple will engage in victim-blaming and just say that all those celebrities involved were "using iCloud wrong." Typical Apple MO.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty sure the media will cut them lots and lots of slack
    gokulesh likes this.
    09-05-14 01:29 PM
    Pretty sure the media will cut them lots and lots of slack
    ...not nearly enough 'lots' in your comment...lol

Posted via CB10
    gokulesh likes this.
    09-05-14 05:01 PM
    The naivete that these celebs have is their own fault, the price of fame....right or wrong it is what it is.

I am a complete nobody and I take security precautions, why should they should not do the same? Hell pay for a secure service that has giant penalties for security failures...couch change compared to what they are dealing with now.

They pay big bucks for security guards, fences and surveillance....but not their online exposure???

:facepalm:
    09-05-14 05:35 PM
    The naivete that these celebs have is their own fault, the price of fame....right or wrong it is what it is.

I am a complete nobody and I take security precautions, why should they should not do the same? Hell pay for a secure service that has giant penalties for security failures...couch change compared to what they are dealing with now.

They pay big bucks for security guards, fences and surveillance....but not their online exposure???

:facepalm:
    Would you trust your nude selfies to a staffer? Guess how quickly they'll be sent to National Enquirer?

No, these celebs are on their own with these photos. The ones that were hacked just aren't savvy enough to protect their data

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 08:58 PM
    im sorry but why are you trying to justify that this has any benefit for blackberry? link is just not cloud and it wont connect your PCs either like onedrive, dropbox etc. work drive is bes only and its hosted by the company hosting bes. theres no storage cloud offered by blackberry for the consumer

also i was wrong about aapl but i was watching it for 3 days after the leak and it was still rising, i didnt check it yesterday and im still not sure why it took 3 or 4 days for it to drop...
    Welcone to Crackberry. To answer your question. Blackberry doesn't screw up..and has not failed in security yet..Apple did. Everything BlackBerry does for security works. Obviously Apple doesn't concentrate on security. Hope that answers your question on what this has to do with blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 09:36 PM
    Welcone to Crackberry. To answer your question. Blackberry doesn't screw up..and has not failed in security yet..Apple did. Everything BlackBerry does for security works. Obviously Apple doesn't concentrate on security. Hope that answers your question on what this has to do with blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    LOL.
    09-06-14 01:34 PM
    Would you trust your nude selfies to a staffer? Guess how quickly they'll be sent to National Enquirer?

No, these celebs are on their own with these photos. The ones that were hacked just aren't savvy enough to protect their data

Posted via CB10
    You missed my point, pay for professional consultation on what security measures are available and how it use.

Take all precautions necessary based on available security procedures.
    09-06-14 06:48 PM
    Friend approached me two weeks ago (before iCloud was in the news) and had a simple
    question:

"Can you configure this Samsung for me? I want to make sure there will never be any automatic backup in any cloud. All my data should stay on the phone."

Told her it's impossible to exclude that for iOS, WP and Android, because they really try to force you into their clouds and even educated users could make a careless mistake.

Saw her yesterday again, and guess what? She followed my advise and has a Z10 now.
    She bought a phone, because it completely lacks a feature?!

But that's just another reason, why I recommend BlackBerry 10 especially to newbies and IT-dummies.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 02:08 AM
60 123