Check out this nice information packets concerning Blackberry Security on their website. Nice to see they are finally getting the word out on what they do best.. Seems pretty convincing to me..
    Lots of content for the naysayers..

Mobile Security - Explore Mobile Device Security - BlackBerry - Canada

http://images.biz.blackberry.com/Web...rity_Works.pdf

http://us.blackberry.com/content/dam...2_Gold_EMM.pdf
    diegonei likes this.
    09-03-14 12:59 PM
    This is bes security only, I doubt any of those actresses was on an mdm. Btw blackberry has nothing to do here anyway, they don't offer any kind of cloud in the first place. If icloud was available for BlackBerry it would still have been compromised

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    09-03-14 01:24 PM
    This is bes security only, I doubt any of those actresses was on an mdm. Btw blackberry has nothing to do here anyway, they don't offer any kind of cloud in the first place. If icloud was available for BlackBerry it would still have been compromised

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    I doubt that BlackBerry would release any product or service that would let a potential attacker carry out a brute force attack by trying as many passwords as they needed, without somehow blocking the account or alerting the user. I mean, you can't even exceed 10 password attempts on your BlackBerry device without it security wiping itself. The iCloud vulnerability was about as amateurish as they come.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold, jayemmbee and Toodeurep like this.
    09-03-14 01:45 PM

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    They actually do have a cloud service. They launched it for trial a few months ago. But it is more targeted for business.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-03-14 01:50 PM
    I doubt that BlackBerry would release any product or service that would let a potential attacker carry out a brute force attack by trying as many passwords as they needed, without somehow blocking the account or alerting the user. I mean, you can't even exceed 10 password attempts on your BlackBerry device without it security wiping itself. The iCloud vulnerability was about as amateurish as they come.

Posted via CB10
    It still doesn't change anything, aapl is still on a rise and blackberry hasn't got a product that could be pushed after such incident.

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    09-03-14 01:52 PM
    They actually do have a cloud service. They launched it for trial a few months ago. But it is more targeted for business.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Yes but that's just hosted bes, as far as I remember it doesn't have storage capabilities

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    09-03-14 01:53 PM
    It still doesn't change anything, aapl is still on a rise and blackberry hasn't got a product that could be pushed after such incident.

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    Apple on a rise? Share holders may disagree with you on that one

Blackberry getting the message out on Security after Apple iCloud mess-img_20140903_220838.png

Posted via CB10
    BallRockReaper and MrGabriel like this.
    09-03-14 04:10 PM
    And interestingly enough, bb's:

Blackberry getting the message out on Security after Apple iCloud mess-img_20140903_221143.png

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 04:12 PM
    And interestingly enough, bb's:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140903_221143.png 
Views:	3464 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	295545

Posted via CB10
    LOL.
    09-03-14 04:46 PM

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3

Actually Apple stocks tanked today.
    09-03-14 04:50 PM
    I'm sure Apple will engage in victim-blaming and just say that all those celebrities involved were "using iCloud wrong." Typical Apple MO.

Posted via CB10
    jayemmbee and gokulesh like this.
    09-03-14 06:14 PM
    BlackBerry do have cloud services, it's called work drive on BES.

These celebrities should never send they personal pictures to Apple or any cloud services! If they have people advising them, they would host their one cloud service on a BES server.

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    09-03-14 06:40 PM
    Some may argue that BlackBerry doesn't offer a cloud storage service which was apparently the point of vulnerability so Apple's failure is not to BlackBerry's benefit. However even without bes bbm (cross-platform) chats, groups or private channels could have been the target, in which case the photos would have been secure and then there's remote file access through link (it's shortcomings aren't on the security side) which provides a quasi personal cloud which of course is only as secure as the pc or mac hosting it.

Posted via CB10
    eldrover likes this.
    09-03-14 07:09 PM
    BlackBerry also has another 'cloud like' service...takes more work, but much better with as much storage as you are willing to install...BlackBerry Link on a personal 'server' PC at home...you can only use it for yourself (to your phone only), but you can tie multiple PC's together across one BBID (I currently run two...a work and home server) and have multiple TB's of 'cloud' storage...

Posted via CB10
    gokulesh, 00stryder and eldrover like this.
    09-03-14 07:16 PM
    BlackBerry also has another 'cloud like' service...takes more work, but much better with as much storage as you are willing to install...BlackBerry Link on a personal 'server' PC at home...you can only use it for yourself (to your phone only), but you can tie multiple PC's together across one BBID (I currently run two...a work and home server) and have multiple TB's of 'cloud' storage...

Posted via CB10
    I also have mine set up like that...1TB + 320GB + 100GB (+ 2TB on a second cpu)...works awesome...

CrackBerry Genius on Verizon 10.3.0.1130/1154 bars
    jayemmbee likes this.
    09-04-14 05:11 AM
    im sorry but why are you trying to justify that this has any benefit for blackberry? link is just not cloud and it wont connect your PCs either like onedrive, dropbox etc. work drive is bes only and its hosted by the company hosting bes. theres no storage cloud offered by blackberry for the consumer

also i was wrong about aapl but i was watching it for 3 days after the leak and it was still rising, i didnt check it yesterday and im still not sure why it took 3 or 4 days for it to drop...
    09-04-14 05:21 AM
    BlackBerry has Dropbox for cloud.. If someone hacks pics out of it it's gonna be the fault of Dropbox.. but people will also blame BlackBerry for not knowing better.

How secure is Dropbox anyway?

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.1052
    09-04-14 05:36 AM
    Work Drives on BES is not a cloud service. Any device connected to a BES is part of the local network of the company running the BES. Work Drives just gives you a Samba client UI to access your SMB drives and Sharepoint sites.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 05:44 AM
    BlackBerry has Dropbox for cloud.. If someone hacks pics out of it it's gonna be the fault of Dropbox.. but people will also blame BlackBerry for not knowing better.

How secure is Dropbox anyway?

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.1052
    Dropbox on the device is not secure at all, not even the option to make a pin password. This is a really lame oversight that works fine on ios or android, however Dropbox with 2 factor auth seems about as good as one can get with a consumer cloud solution and works well with BB10 despite the lack of device level security.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 08:08 AM
    im sorry but why are you trying to justify that this has any benefit for blackberry? link is just not cloud and it wont connect your PCs either like onedrive, dropbox etc. work drive is bes only and its hosted by the company hosting bes. theres no storage cloud offered by blackberry for the consumer

also i was wrong about aapl but i was watching it for 3 days after the leak and it was still rising, i didnt check it yesterday and im still not sure why it took 3 or 4 days for it to drop...
    ...actually BlackBerry Link RFA falls under the definition of a 'physical cloud server' or 'dedicated cloud server'...and sure it will connect PC's...there a handful of ways to do this...again, it takes more work...but as it is more or less customized based on your method of choice...and makes it harder to infiltrate as there are no real standard one size fits all method...and the right out of the box method is to simply use you BlackBerry as a control device...by that I mean you can pull files from one server (my work machine for example) and move it over to another (my personal machine)...some advantages are:
    As much storage as you can install (as above posted

You control the server, not an outside company
    If you feel something is going on with you server (suspicious) you can with a separate app (free or paid, free like Splashtop) can simply shut the server down...if you are willing to put in minimal time, I find this method far superior to any of the cloud service offerings...

Posted via CB10
    spikesolie likes this.
    09-04-14 08:30 AM
    ...actually BlackBerry Link RFA falls under the definition of a 'physical cloud server' or 'dedicated cloud server'...and sure it will connect PC's...there a handful of ways to do this...again, it takes more work...but as it is more or less customized based on your method of choice...and makes it harder to infiltrate as there are no real standard one size fits all method...and the right out of the box method is to simply use you BlackBerry as a control device...by that I mean you can pull files from one server (my work machine for example) and move it over to another (my personal machine)...some advantages are:

If you feel something is going on with you server (suspicious) you can with a separate app (free or paid, free like Splashtop) can simply shut the server down...if you are willing to put in minimal time, I find this method far superior to any of the cloud service offerings...

Posted via CB10
    then pls tell me how i can access the files of my workstation from my laptop using blackberry link ONLY and how i can automatically sync pictures and other content to linked devices. im serious, if thats all possible then ill be using my blackberry as my cloud, i have more than 10gb of free space on the device and its always connected to either wifi or high speed 4g and always with me. if it all syncs automatically even from my workstation and laptop then you can bring it up as an alternative to onedrive icloud etc, otherwise its not.
    09-04-14 08:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    although this did give me an idea of a mobile cloud app for blackberry. the phone would be the server and it would be a client too, which seems to be possible as inotify is supported on blackberry as far as i can see in the native sdk. there would be some desktop app too that could communicate with the device on a predefined port. i will take a look this september, it could work
    09-04-14 09:39 AM
    Why? They may sell some BES but they have no phones to sell right now. You can't even see one in a cell store anymore.

Sad....very sad.

Posted via Verizon Z10!
    09-04-14 10:45 AM
    Kodak is allready doing it

http://imgur.com/WE5dT8J

Posted via Q10Bold
    Attachment 295705
    09-04-14 10:48 AM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    The trial cloud service my company is trying out is a BES10 service. It is very user friendly and a good option for smaller (IMO) companies. When the trial is over or before my company plans to use it.
    09-04-14 10:52 AM
60 123