What do you think guys about this article?
    I really hope that is true.

BlackBerry discusses the future of BB10 | MobileSyrup.com
    01-16-17 09:26 PM
    I really hope that is true.
    Really hope what is true? It's the same thing they have been saying all along presented in a rather lengthy package. The majority of the article is about their Android ventures.

- We continue to support BB10
    - We have a lot of Enterprise customers using it
    - 10.3.4 might be coming.
    - Regions outside of North America might be interested in BB10.

^All points that have been noted before. Multiple times.
    01-16-17 09:34 PM
    Yeah, this isn't anything new at all. 10.3.3 is still rolling out and 10.3.4 is still supposedly going to trickle out sometime later so officialy "support" for the OS will continue...

As the article points out though, production has stopped on all BB10 devices (though I'm not 100% sure if that's completely true, it might as well be) and you can see pretty clearly where the company's focus is with their software enhancing Android and devices continuing to come through their licensing deal with TCL.

Their "investment" in BB10 is to maintain what is there, not to further develop it or build new devices.

I still use BB10. It does what I need it to do for the time being. I'm usually a pretty optimistic person but I also try to see things as they are.
    01-16-17 09:45 PM
    Good gawd Thurber! You're like that chick who sleeps with your best friend and your cousin, but keeps swearing that she's still your girlfriend.
    01-16-17 09:47 PM
    Thank you for the sharing of the article I enjoyed the read and made me hopeful for the future of BB10 and my beloved Passport lol.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-17 10:18 PM
    Really hope what is true? It's the same thing they have been saying all along presented in a rather lengthy package. The majority of the article is about their Android ventures.

^All points that have been noted before. Multiple times.
    Your being a downer dude. Let the hope grow
    Don't care if it's true it is a hopeful and uplifting article
    Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    01-16-17 10:20 PM
    False hope only leads to forum butthurt.
    01-16-17 10:32 PM
    "Rebellions are built on hope."

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    MTBBguy and cowboysfan4ever like this.
    01-16-17 10:55 PM
    Your being a downer dude. Let the hope grow
    Posted via CB10
    You totally missed the point, but whatever. Carry on, I won't stand in the way of what you believe is an 'hopeful and uplifting article' although it's the exact same thing they have been saying for months only worded differently. By your measurement, the points I noted in my earlier post..

Should be considered hopeful and uplifting. It's the exact same thing they said, only in a shorter point form.
    iled, sidtek50 and anon(10101748) like this.
    01-16-17 11:05 PM
    Take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.... Remember, all I'm offering is the truth, nothing more....

You know, I know this steak doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize? Ignorance is bliss.

I choose to believe!!! Lol

Posted via CB10
    kunz1925shooter likes this.
    01-16-17 11:22 PM
    Take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.... Remember, all I'm offering is the truth, nothing more....

You know, I know this steak doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize? Ignorance is bliss.

I choose to believe!!! Lol

Posted via CB10
    I believe you've watched The Matrix one too many times.
    01-17-17 04:09 AM
    Let's think about it a different way. We are participating in forums run by a group that is one of the ultimate authorities on BlackBerry. You have experts everywhere in addition to the experts that run CB that often have access to information we do not. Even so, their job is to constantly monitor and report the status of BlackBerry. When have they been wrong? BlackBerry has consistently had the same message regarding their future. I am not sure how people can say Bla1ze, CB, and even BlackBerry are wrong?

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 06:56 AM
    Who said they were wrong?

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 07:03 AM
    Interestingly he says

"They [enterprises, businesses and governments] continue to be a strong customer subset for us today, and do lobby us about new hardware. [...] We get a lots of feedback on continuing BB10 on other devices "

Holy cow, there seem to be even more BB10 users out there and they want to keep BB10?!
    Don't these delusional BB10 users know that iOS and Android is their future?

/s
    Jake2826 and blackmass like this.
    01-17-17 07:06 AM
    Red pill all the way baby!!

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 07:07 AM
    Red pill all the way baby!!

Posted via CB10
    Did you just eat both pills and a couple more you found on the coffee table?
    01-17-17 07:37 AM
    Interestingly he says

"They [enterprises, businesses and governments] continue to be a strong customer subset for us today, and do lobby us about new hardware. [...] We get a lots of feedback on continuing BB10 on other devices "

Holy cow, there seem to be even more BB10 users out there and they want to keep BB10?!

/s
    It's not that nobody wants BB10 (even though I sometimes generalize and say those words myself). It's that there aren't enough to generate sales that will make it worth anyone's time.

Hey, if Blackberry does manage to convince a 3rd party to license BB10 and make a new phone, I'm all for it! But the odds are slim to none, because the software support outside of what is bundled with the OS is really really bad. Security is important, yes, but with good enterprise management tools, even IOS and Android can be locked down.
    Uzi, Dunt Dunt Dunt and Fool Guy like this.
    01-17-17 07:42 AM
    Interestingly he says

/s
    It's not that nobody wants BB10 (even though I sometimes generalize and say those words myself). It's that there aren't enough to generate sales that will make it worth anyone's time.

Hey, if Blackberry does manage to convince a 3rd party to license BB10 and make a new phone, I'm all for it! But the odds are slim to none, because the software support outside of what is bundled with the OS is really really bad. Security is important, yes, but with good enterprise management tools, even IOS and Android can be locked down.
    01-17-17 07:42 AM

And security needs updates too! And BlackBerry has said BlackBerry Androids will be just as secure as BlackBerry 10 phones soon.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 07:59 AM
    And security needs updates too! And BlackBerry has said BlackBerry Androids will be just as secure as BlackBerry 10 phones soon.

Posted via CB10
    ... and we certainly believe it
    01-17-17 08:32 AM

I have posted this elsewhere already, but it seems we have several million BB10 users.

That's still a large user base compared to Sailfish, Fairphone, Blackphone, Ubuntu and others, each selling only a few 100.000 devices per year.
    And it's a wealthy user base.

And again: By the end of 2017 they will probably have sold all inventory and then I would expect a more concrete decision.

I will certainly use BB10 for the next 3-5 years.
    I would buy a new device by mid 2018, if it comes with a better camera and a VKB (otherwise I keep my Passport).

But at this point, I dunno about red pills or blue pills, it's all just speculation, though it seems to be a hard fact that many of todays BB10 users are reluctant to switch.
    raz0r24, keliew and mscloutier like this.
    01-17-17 08:41 AM
    Dark hub and Lithuanian language on BlackBerry 10.4 coming soon™

Posted via CB10
    anon(4243545) and dmlis like this.
    01-17-17 09:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    Maybe in the next century.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 09:25 AM
    ... on the next PlayBook!
    bibbula, dmlis and arkenoi like this.
    01-17-17 09:45 AM
    I have posted this elsewhere already, but it seems we have several million BB10 users.

That's still a large user base compared to Sailfish, Fairphone, Blackphone, Ubuntu and others, each selling only a few 100.000 devices per year.
    And it's a wealthy user base.

And again: By the end of 2017 they will probably have sold all inventory and then I would expect a more concrete decision.

I will certainly use BB10 for the next 3-5 years.
    I would buy a new device by mid 2018, if it comes with a better camera and a VKB (otherwise I keep my Passport).

But at this point, I dunno about red pills or blue pills, it's all just speculation, though it seems to be a hard fact that many of todays BB10 users are reluctant to switch.
    Maybe in some way this is a problem too. The build quality is too good, and people are hanging on to their phones longer. . .

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 09:53 AM
368 123 ...