Anyone else see this? Does this mean we may begin to see headless apps?

@BlackBerryDev: Sending out approval emails for Long Running Headless Apps and Hub Integration. At least 50 sent today with more coming.. �^SH�@shadidhaque

http://twitter.com/BlackBerryDev/sta...25191658840064

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    10-18-13 11:39 AM
    Yes, as long as you're on 10.2.
    10-18-13 11:51 AM
    Yes

Also, crappy applications wouldn't get long running headless or hub integration, so they are probably very good apps. Maybe even big names
    10-18-13 11:52 AM
    cool ..........
    10-18-13 12:01 PM
    Yes

Also, crappy applications wouldn't get long running headless or hub integration, so they are probably very good apps. Maybe even big names
    I believe these confirmations are for the extended APIs. So there maybe full time headless. Correct me if I'm wrong people.
    10-18-13 01:02 PM
    Those confirmations were indeed for the "long-running headless" stuff, including "run at startup", or what I think the last poster calls "extended APIs". (It's not really extended APIs, just additions to our signing credentials so that we can actually start testing apps with these features, and ultimately submit them. Without those additions it's been impossible even to start experimenting in this area, let alone write any final code.)
    app_Developer likes this.
    10-19-13 09:51 AM
    Those confirmations were indeed for the "long-running headless" stuff, including "run at startup", or what I think the last poster calls "extended APIs". (It's not really extended APIs, just additions to our signing credentials so that we can actually start testing apps with these features, and ultimately submit them. Without those additions it's been impossible even to start experimenting in this area, let alone write any final code.)
    So have you received yours? Still hoping that battery guru gets long running headless
    10-19-13 10:58 AM
    I'm no dev but it will be nice to get be buzz working without having to keep it open

Posted via CB10
    PJD642 likes this.
    10-19-13 11:01 AM
    So have you received yours? Still hoping that battery guru gets long running headless
    Yes, I was in that batch of 50. I can't say anything yet about how long it will be before I can release a headless update though... the feature is restricted in various ways (e.g. tight limits on how much memory can be used) and those restrictions may take some time to explore and understand fully.

Also, even now all we have is the email saying our requests have been approved. We don't have the actual signing permission changes yet, and only once we get those are we even able to build our own releases for experimentation and testing, let alone publish releases. (I don't expect that to delay things more than another few days.)

Once that's done, and I can finally start actually experimenting with code and figuring out all the restrictions, I may have some thoughts to share and feedback to request from people. I'd largely ignored this stuff until now, since the process was a bit opaque (LOL) and nobody really knew whether any of us would ever get the approval... it just didn't appear to be a worthwhile thing to spend much time learning about until now.
    mexicangangboss likes this.
    10-19-13 12:55 PM
    Yes, as long as you're on 10.2.
    Actually, it was clarified to me recently that the long-running headless stuff won't really be available until 10.2.1, for which we have as yet no timeframe.

Those developers who, like me, have permission to sign such apps can at least develop now on 10.2.0. They do run there... but they won't be approved for release through BlackBerry World on OS versions prior to 10.2.1.

Background is in Headless Apps Explained «BlackBerry Developer Blog
    10-28-13 09:30 AM