Just thinking.. it could be great if BlackBerry provided basic cloud services as part of their offer for BlackBerry devices owners.

Services like CardDav for example : I like to have them in the cloud so I can sync them any time on any device but I don't like that BlackBerry don't offer me free cloud services where I can host my contacts. I'd feel more secure.

Apple isn't better than BlackBerry with their iCloud.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 09:57 AM
    We want the old BlackBerry Protect back

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-10.2.1.2102
    04-01-14 09:59 AM
    Cloud Services has become part of most of the major platforms. And is strangely missing on BB10. As noted BlackBerry Protect provided many more "backup" features in BBOS, that are missing in BB10. With their NOC they have the infrastructure. And they even bought a company that specialized in cloud services.

I imagine they have "plans" for more Cloud features.... all they need it time.
    04-01-14 10:07 AM
    BES cloud, coming soon.

Posted via CB10
    menshawy likes this.
    04-01-14 10:56 AM
    BES cloud, coming soon.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know if I should believe any of your posts man :-D

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 07:26 AM
    We want the old BlackBerry Protect back
    I don't anymore. I will not deliver any of my data to an intransparent black hole somewhere on the planet. This whole cloud thing is a meander in my eyes. This is for people who don't understand what they are doing and they even don't want to understand this. And of course the providers use this for making good money and say, give us your data, we will have an eye upon them, or two, or 200 eyes, dont be angry, honey, trust us, we are the good one ...
    Intense Soul likes this.
    04-02-14 07:48 AM
    I would replace OneDrive
    04-02-14 12:24 PM
    I don't know if I should believe any of your posts man :-D

Posted via CB10
    It's hit and miss, if I'm trolling I do it in an obvious way.

Posted via CB10
    menshawy likes this.
    04-02-14 12:25 PM
    I don't anymore. I will not deliver any of my data to an intransparent black hole somewhere on the planet. This whole cloud thing is a meander in my eyes. This is for people who don't understand what they are doing and they even don't want to understand this. And of course the providers use this for making good money and say, give us your data, we will have an eye upon them, or two, or 200 eyes, dont be angry, honey, trust us, we are the good one ...
    That's exactly what I'm talking about. People are willingly giving their contacts, pictures, videos, chat scripts and god knows what else to cloud services (Apple, Google, Microsoft, Dropbox, Box.. the list goes on) and I haven't chosen to use an iOS, Android or WP powered phones because of what I heard of them when it comes to privacy. I chose BlackBerry for what I heard of it to be secure and maintaining your privacy. So it doesn't make sense when BlackBerry don't offer cloud solution for their normal users like me. I think just a little bit of free cloud storage is enough for BlackBerry devices users to get them going with contacts and calendar specially

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 09:00 AM
    It's hit and miss, if I'm trolling I do it in an obvious way.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly!!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 09:01 AM
    Why is blackberry protect not the same as in BBOS5-7? in BB10 it is disappointing.
    06-05-14 03:35 PM
    One reason for the change in BlackBerry Protect is the much larger size of onboard storage. BBOS devices had a very small storage space so backups could be done fairly quickly OTA. A BlackBerry 10 device would take several hours to backup in the same manner as well as putting most people over their mobile carrier's data limit.

As for cloud services, I'm glad BlackBerry offers file level integration with different providers, as opposed to Apple, Microsoft, or Google trying to lock me into their solution. I'm a big user of Box, but at the same time I only store files in the cloud that I wouldn't mind someone else seeing, so most of my cloud files are manuals, USB applications, technical bulletins, and the like. My personal files are accessed through RFA thanks to Link.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 06:01 AM
    Too true, that would be great!

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 12:30 PM
    BlackBerry and cloud? Nah! Not unless there's an enterprise server installed somewhere

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 ST1 - I mean really!
    06-12-14 01:05 PM
    Why not just backup/restore (manual sync) your Contacts, Notes, Calendar, etc... with Dropbox or Box?

You could even encrypt the files before leaving your phone.

Very easy to do this with the app "Backup Pro" from BlackBerry World. It's currently the closest thing we've got to iCloud and the old BlackBerry Protect.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/50717887/

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 01:13 PM