Mr Chen, and all senior staff at BlackBerry.

We the fans, the end users, both naive and critical, and especially those of us that are Canadians (citizens or born here), need you to finally realize we still love your products, services, and support your future endeavors.

There have been a LOT of rampant rumors going around about BlackBerry ditching BB10 OS, and going for an Android based OS. There has been quite an interesting rebuttal going about in several threads here on CrackBerry.com that are now becoming alarming. This is now affecting native (C++/Cascades/Qt) developers that have contributed quite interestingly and heavily to the BB10 platform filling HUGE voids that BlackBerry as an oversight left us the users hanging.

We love the QNX core, Peak and Flow, the security enhancements at the core we've all come to know and trust in. We love native apps that take advantage of the core BB10 API's along with Peek and Flow and the over smoothness of the system. I've personally been using BB10 from the VERY start and have championed it even at my last employer, I've even attempted to become an employee several years ago in your hey day prior to 2010.

These Android OS rumors (Google Android with services, or forked Android) are now beginning to hurt not only recommendations yet also sales (last quarter did have an update 1.6 million devices vs previous quarter 1.3 million). Take a look at your own publications of vetted BES10/12 clients ... many of them are STILL supporting BYOD and many of which are NOT using half of BB10 deployments. This also hurts the company of the eyes of the investors - of which I personally am (a very tiny one due to lack of knowledge and funds for this area).

I'm not just a fan, or a user - whose chosen to invest in shares, I work in I.T. and engage users directly with mobile device support and have been using and managing BES since 4.1.

Developers need a more efficient toolset, something more powerful. They also need concrete re-assurance that their time, money invested, and visions WILL continue to be worth their while for this platform. We - ALL (Developers, Users, Enterprise CIOs, CEO's, Carrier partners, etc) MUST SEE advertisement, and marketing - targeted and efficient (no fluff, no senseless attacks on the competition) - about BlackBerry 10 OS - strengths, merits, use cases, the efficiency it brings. There is more to the BB10 mobile platform than just Security and quite frankly stop ignoring your consumer base ... many of them are the REASON you're still in business!

The Passport was GOOD decision to make Mr Chen, and the design team behind it was so avant garde in their approach they really outdid themselves. The core processing hardware choices really surprised not only the user base but also the internet blogs, reviewers and your carriers. We the end users need more ... and fast. Give us the power of the Passport's internals into a real Z30 successor please - don't try to convince us users that the Leap is worthy of it's replacement while under-handing us reducing features.

The Blue Classic pays great homage to the 7290 and I hope we really start to see marking on this and the upcoming bronze.

Basically what I'm saying is BlackBerry has the goods ... but it's time to stop being so complacent, a Canadian trait, it's time to really SHOW the world what you've got, what you're made of ... no holds bared! Take off that suit blazer, loosen up the tie, keep the vest on and roll up the sleeves show the world you are not playing around anymore, that you're NOT going to sit there and take it .. that sitting 3rd or 4th best is not "good" enough!
    07-11-15 06:32 PM
    BlackBerry - Clear Up Misconceptions, Kill Senselesss rumors!-giphy.gif
    Supa_Fly1 and BigBadWulf like this.
    07-11-15 06:36 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	giphy.gif 
Views:	1108 
Size:	494.0 KB 
ID:	362089
    This actually pretty awesome - although with the Joker slow clap I'm unsure how to take that lol if a play unto words could be done in an action or photo this definition is it.

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry - Clear Up Misconceptions, Kill Senselesss rumors!-img_20150711_191522.jpg  
    Last edited by Supa_Fly1; 07-14-15 at 04:56 PM.
    07-11-15 07:02 PM
    Some still do not get it.... bottom line... BB had left the consumer market... ( where most of the gossip begins and dies ).... in Enterprise ( which I have worked in off and on for 25 years ) ... what you present in a meeting and price point is what counts.. not what the "street is saying"... BB strategy is well known in enterprise which is insulated from a lot of the "nosie"... They have challenges but nothing like the consumer market.....it is impressive the passion BB users show ( props to the OP )... but simple truth... BB simply does not take the consumer market seriously right now.. so why listen to them....
    diegonei and Richard Buckley like this.
    07-11-15 07:16 PM
    Very well said. I hope BlackBerry is listening.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    07-11-15 07:29 PM
    Some still do not get it.... bottom line... BB had left the consumer market... ( where most of the gossip begins and dies ).... in Enterprise ( which I have worked in off and on for 25 years ) ... what you present in a meeting and price point is what counts.. not what the "street is saying"... BB strategy is well known in enterprise which is insulated from a lot of the "nosie"... They have challenges but nothing like the consumer market.....it is impressive the passion BB users show ( props to the OP )... but simple truth... BB simply does not take the consumer market seriously right now.. so why listen to them....
    I too work in the enterprise market. The bottom dollar spent usually - not always - dictates what is chosen. What your stating is a short sighted view of the enterprise world. If the lowest dollar spent today means more later in the budget cycle or exponentially more the fully budget release it's not chosen. If spending more now is an added value to all business clients on a global scale and also more in-line with current projects and/or implementations then price negotiations start and THAT is chosen.

My post isn't consumer focused, and the social media or consumer market DID affect Blackberry and pretty much handed them their fate the last 3yrs. Enterprise business partnerships are growing ... 2600 returned to the BES platform last quarter yet only a handful chose to vet that publicly - this is a concern of optics publicly for BlackBerry at least. At the end of the day, the features presented in BB10 and BlackBerry choosing to offer the BB10 devices publicly - with carrier partners or over their store portal makes them by default to bre considered as consumer devices - they're consumable products after all.

The challenges BlackBerry faces: BES clients, carrier partnerships to allow for fleet distribution channels (hence new parterships recently), and with carrier price plan models IS affected from a consumer model. BYOD is real and this alone spawned so many competitors in the MDM/EMM space, BlackBerry quickly reacted and are considered the best ... but they still have to sell and market it. IF Chen is still believing that the handset business from blackberry is still the most secure device - only governments are going to continue buying based solely on that premise. BlackBerry has to have a value add-in from the hardware performance and then the software and platform perspective.

Lucrative & low competitive markets:
    construction and escavation
    - imagine Blend being able to track a users specific location over a wireless mesh network in a closed pit mine?
    ^ safety and security.

- navy could use a more water resistant device, so too would infrantry officers in desolate climates.
    07-11-15 07:55 PM
    This actually pretty awesome - although with the Joker slow clap I'm unsure how to take that lol if a play unto words could be done in an action or photo this definition is it.
    Both ways to be honest. (Good) Applause for caring so much to post, (bad) applause for not getting it that BlackBerry will not bother with the consumer market till they get a really strong grip on the Enterprise market, their financial security and all the pieces to Chen's plan in place.

Or maybe you do get it. But this could fuel the flames of those that don't and we have a flood of threads to deal with...

But I did it, most of all, for the fun of watching the Joker clap his hands.
    07-11-15 10:01 PM
    Sorry, but you are a fan and that's where your 'logic' fails.

As much as I would love for BlackBerry to just 'show the world' what they have... changing the perception is nearly impossible.

They could have a Samsung/Apple sized marketing campaign and all it would achieve is reinforce the popularly held idea that they are 'what came before the smart phone'.

It's almost as insurmountable a task as trying to convince a Christian that God does not exist and an Atheist that God does exist.

Bottom line is, most people do not seek out change in things they use on a daily basis. People held on to their BlackBerry devices until they sucked so badly that they were almost forced to 'upgrade' to an iPhone or Android. Now, people will hold on to their platform (likely iOS or Android) until they become so unbearably bad, that they are forced to look elsewhere. Unfortunately, unlike BlackBerry in their OS 6,7 days,.. Apple and the Android ecosystem developers are certainly NOT sitting back on their laurels assuring themselves that 'the other guys shouldn't be taken seriously'.

So, as fans,.. we should be the LAST people Chen should be listening to.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-11-15 10:34 PM
    Sorry, but you are a fan and that's where your 'logic' fails.

As much as I would love for BlackBerry to just 'show the world' what they have... changing the perception is nearly impossible.

They could have a Samsung/Apple sized marketing campaign and all it would achieve is reinforce the popularly held idea that they are 'what came before the smart phone'.

It's almost as insurmountable a task as trying to convince a Christian that God does not exist and an Atheist that God does exist.

Bottom line is, most people do not seek out change in things they use on a daily basis. People held on to their BlackBerry devices until they sucked so badly that they were almost forced to 'upgrade' to an iPhone or Android. Now, people will hold on to their platform (likely iOS or Android) until they become so unbearably bad, that they are forced to look elsewhere. Unfortunately, unlike BlackBerry in their OS 6,7 days,.. Apple and the Android ecosystem developers are certainly NOT sitting back on their laurels assuring themselves that 'the other guys shouldn't be taken seriously'.

So, as fans,.. we should be the LAST people Chen should be listening to.

Posted via CB10
    Very well said, but...

Even Enterprise customers desire a Zxx style device, and to bring people in, you can to offer them something they want.
    07-11-15 10:56 PM
    BlackBerry please read that

Posted via CB, using a Q5
    07-11-15 11:29 PM